What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Doctors who support Medical Marijuana for Celiac Disease

frostedbuds

Good Afternoon, Everyone.

Long time lurker - first time poster here. Does anyone know of a doctor, preferably in the USA, who support Medical Marijuana for treating the abdominal pains that come from Celiac Disease?

My state is open to adding new conditions to its medical program if there is academic research that supports the condition and there is a doctor who is willing to support it.

I found the research, can anyone suggest a doctor that I can reach out to?

Thank you,

fb

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What state?

Most states have Crohn's Disease (while not the same, it might be tagged under Crohn's) or "Other Debilitating Disease".
Check with your state's MMJ program, Dept of Health.

Good luck.

Gry

I would suggest you may wish to increase your post count so that you can get personal messages.
Have found those who are less than comfortable speaking about health issues in a public format,
have been quite helpful via private message.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
MMJ docs would be a good place to start.

A search on PubMed shows a small number of results, some of which may be relevant.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=celiac+thc

Celiac cannabidiol: 0
Celiac THC: 0
Celiac CBD: 11
Celiac cannabinoid: 8
Celiac CB1: 7
Celiac CB2: 9

HLA-DQ2 cannabis: 0
HLA-DQ8 cannabis: 0
HLA-DQ2 cannabidiol: 0
HLA-DQ2 CBD: 0
HLA-DQ2 CB1: 0

Other than cannabis in a pill curing celiac disease, people may be able to trade cannabis for gluten. If a gluten free diet works for people with celiac then maybe cannabis can help offset or replace the urge desire for wheat items etc. May have to think about the question or definition of cure but it could be an effective treatment cannabis + gluten free.

Green Squall

Do you still have symptoms after eliminating problem foods?
Autoimmune diseases suck. I can relate.
I've eliminated all gluten and grains.
I basically live off of meat/fish, vegetables (fresh & fermented), some fruit and raw honey.
Have you looked into the SCD Diet (Specific Carbohydrate Diet)?
People with celiac have had success with it.
https://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/

shithawk420

Veteran
Speaking of honey,I finally found some Manuka honey by me.its from the Manuka bush in New Zealand.im a certified beekeeper and I can say this stuff is great for my stomach.be warned it's extremely expensive at 23 bucks for 9 ounces of the Wedderspoon brand I've seen other brands even more expensive.i take a tea or tbl spoon straight from the jar.its the most pure honey I've ever had.sorry for being off topic but I got bad stomach pains too

shithawk420

Veteran
That looks pretty good,but I live in almost literally in the middle of nowhere so health food stores ate non existent till I get in Chicago area so it's not really an option,but this Manuka honey is the real deal because it's highly regulated meaning it's almost purely munaka pollen by the bees.bees are a really interesting bug.but there main existent is to get pollen for the queen period.meaning if they can't find it from one plant to the other they will find it somewhere else.they literally live to make sure the queen can live.sorry I went meandered there but i still say this Manuka stuff is the real deal.Its probably one of New Zealands main exports so it's definitely in a class of it's own.with that said Georgia Sourwood honey is the best you can get in the states IMO that's what my college professor said anyway.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
good stuff hawk
the bees life is very interesting and in addition to being sweet,honey is full of other things
sounds like it could help anyone with gastro problems

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks pop.yeah it's pretty interesting when you get into it and I just don't have any passion these days but if anyone wants to ask me I'm here to answer anything I can.but I'll will give you guys a secret.on me.ROYAL JELLY! closest thing to the fountain I can think of right now.queen bees can't be queens without being fed RJ.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the natual food and garden store LTD in lewisburg PA has that raw honey from Canada that tastes like cotton candy. some of the best honey no doubt - Y.S. organic bee farms, is the brand like $16 for 3 lbs

Wonderful. Best honey I tasted was from Alaska, a clear honey made from fireweed. Yum! Although I like clover honey, too!

frostedbuds

I would suggest you may wish to increase your post count so that you can get personal messages.
Have found those who are less than comfortable speaking about health issues in a public format,
have been quite helpful via private message.

Thanks! I will work to get my post count up for sure!

MMJ docs would be a good place to start.

A search on PubMed shows a small number of results, some of which may be relevant.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=celiac+thc

Celiac cannabidiol: 0
Celiac THC: 0
Celiac CBD: 11
Celiac cannabinoid: 8
Celiac CB1: 7
Celiac CB2: 9

HLA-DQ2 cannabis: 0
HLA-DQ8 cannabis: 0
HLA-DQ2 cannabidiol: 0
HLA-DQ2 CBD: 0
HLA-DQ2 CB1: 0

Other than cannabis in a pill curing celiac disease, people may be able to trade cannabis for gluten. If a gluten free diet works for people with celiac then maybe cannabis can help offset or replace the urge desire for wheat items etc. May have to think about the question or definition of cure but it could be an effective treatment cannabis + gluten free.

When I tried accessing the URL you provided, it did not return any documents. What do the number of above mean?

Do you still have symptoms after eliminating problem foods?
Autoimmune diseases suck. I can relate.
I've eliminated all gluten and grains.
I basically live off of meat/fish, vegetables (fresh & fermented), some fruit and raw honey.
Have you looked into the SCD Diet (Specific Carbohydrate Diet)?
People with celiac have had success with it.
https://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/

Absolutely. My entire life I thought I had stomach problems due to poorly handling stress. Well it turns out Celiac and Gluten foods are the cause. I will look more into SCD diet. Thanks for pointing this out.

Latest posts

Latest posts