What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cuomo announces for legal recreational

igrowone

Veteran
why is it not coming up for a vote??? the dem's hold the governor,senate and legislature... so should be a no-brainer..BUT..

while the bill is widely supported in nycity, upstate and long island is a diff story.. so the rural and long island dem's are worried that should they vote yes , they mite lose the 2020 election... so its not a health issue/etc... they want to be RE-ELECTED next year.. fukin low-lifes

i don't have any inside info
but my guess it's about Mr. Green
Mr. Green's vote is the biggest vote, he's not happy about something

Blest_II

it goes by weight, and the weight is around 1 oz or so, been a while since i looked
was hoping for better, that's the hope the thread is about
a 5 foot tree will be a felony, not likely it will end as a felony, but that's at the discretion of leo

One plant will be well over an ounce. I know from experience they weigh the whole plant. They don't finish your grow for you to see how much you would have harvested, then charge you for that amount. I'm fairly positive they even weighed the root ball in my situation back in 2005. I say that because I was charged with cultivation, possession with intent, saying I had 15lbs. All I had was plants in various stages and my last harvest I just finished that was just over 2lbs. I miss that grow setup, 2-600's on a sun circle light mover. LST'ing to keep them short and bushy.

Grow some mushrooms. When she finds out how much trouble they can get you in tell her you will stop growing mushrooms if you can grow weed. Then eat the mushrooms with her and live happily ever after.

I wouldn't try them if I did haha, I seen this kid back when I was in my 20's freak the F out on them. Running around our apartment complex in his underwear screaming all kinds of stuff. After I seen that I said I was good no thanks. Luckily for him this was before cell phones were able to take videos of the quality they do today.

igrowone

Veteran
One plant will be well over an ounce. I know from experience they weigh the whole plant. They don't finish your grow for you to see how much you would have harvested, then charge you for that amount. I'm fairly positive they even weighed the root ball in my situation back in 2005. I say that because I was charged with cultivation, possession with intent, saying I had 15lbs. All I had was plants in various stages and my last harvest I just finished that was just over 2lbs. I miss that grow setup, 2-600's on a sun circle light mover. LST'ing to keep them short and bushy.

thanks for posting info gained the hard way
things may have changed a bit since then, some variation between jurisdictions
my understanding is they may initially charge based on root ball and everything else they can throw in
but that can be fought in court, there's some legal procedure where the total weight will be based on effective drug weight
which is just the dried plant, that however is not cheap legally
so the usual route is the big charges up front, then a guilty plea to whatever deal they feel inclined to
financial rape has become an art form in NY

Blest_II

thanks for posting info gained the hard way
things may have changed a bit since then, some variation between jurisdictions
my understanding is they may initially charge based on root ball and everything else they can throw in
but that can be fought in court, there's some legal procedure where the total weight will b based on effective drug weight
which is just the dried plant, that however is not cheap legally
so the usual route is the big charges up front, then a guilty plea to whatever deal they feel inclined to
financial rape has become an art form in NY

That's what I did, DA was saying plea guilty and hopefully the judge will keep you out of prison. I said ok, then she proceeded to try and make it worse in the judges eyes. "Clearly he had been doing it a long time, he had a very advanced set up," and so on. I thought I was screwed waiting for the judge to sentence me. I've never been so nervous during anything that much in my entire life. Luckily I got away with probation for 2 years. But I had also never been in jail for anything other then speeding tickets. I had a lead foot when I was younger, racing etc. :biggrin:

I think now that everything is starting to lean towards legalization, it would definitely be different. Unless you had a massive grow. I'm not interested in finding out though, hahaha.

Dick Dankerson

why is it not coming up for a vote??? the dem's hold the governor,senate and legislature... so should be a no-brainer..BUT..

while the bill is widely supported in nycity, upstate and long island is a diff story.. so the rural and long island dem's are worried that should they vote yes , they mite lose the 2020 election... so its not a health issue/etc... they want to be RE-ELECTED next year.. fukin low-lifes

Ya know back when I attended one of the 15 public hearing sessions Coumo scheduled across NYS to poll rec legalization,everyone thought it was a done deal given the dem's regain after the last election but here we are again with Coumo coming up short. As for the worry about the 2020 election , that's one idiot bliss to polls and what the majority of the state really wants.

igrowone

Veteran
however, this does put the issue as a possible focus point for the election
which means a politician, i.e. Cuomo could get hurt if not on the right side
we have some power, would love to know the back room goings on

igrowone

Veteran
greetings on a Sunday evening
no rest for the weary or the wicked if you know the saying
these are politicians, i think you can guess the category
there seems to be some intense action in the NY legislature
in short they're printing up a legalization bill, it's a end of session deal
don't know personally know what's inside so kind of neutral on it
but action seems to be happening

shaggyballs

Veteran
If it aint right vote no, while you still can.
Big money is pushing legalization.
Say no to bad laws or face the concequences they offer.
It is really the only chance we the people have against the big machine.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
NY has no balloting on these issues, only the politicians will vote.

This will be the worst "legal" weed state in the US and there was no way you couldn't see it coming if you had your eyes open.

Just wait till you try smoking your first legal $100 eighth here, lol.
Oregon has $30 ounces these days and they let anyone grow who wants in the game, that shit will never happen in a state as crooked as NY.
I was in Albany when medical passed and it's a fiasco where only the politicians have made a dime on it so far.

Nobody's in Albany paying off the hacks for your right to grow four fucking plants in NY.
New Yorkers will get a Governor appointed Cannabis Commissioner who decides what you will smoke and who gets to grow and sell it and it still might take years to pull it off...

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/a1617

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I was in Albany when medical passed and it's a fiasco where only the politicians have made a dime on it so far.

fiasco... shit the lady next door to us , 82yrs old and walked hunched over with various back issues- she figured she would give med weed a try- the doc tells her that he can't prescribe her ... if the back problem was due to cancer he could, but not with what ails her- fuk she is 82, what the fuk do they think she's going to sell it on a street corner...

and no home growing... these fuks don't give a shit about health... its all about $$$$-

ahh but i hope it passes- the bill says...''marihuana''... so when i get caught growing i can say... officer i'm growing ...''Marijuana''... not ... ''marihuana''

OldCoolSativa

Jesus, New York pols make Massachusetts look like it has its shit together. Good luck, hombres. You should all write your reps and tell them they shouldn't support any bill that prohibits home growing.

shaggyballs

Veteran
You should all write your reps and tell them they shouldn't support any bill that prohibits home growing.

Dick Dankerson

If only we could vote on this issue! . I keep hearing 2 schools of thought on the whole NYS legalization deal. Some want a total win or nothing, and some think that any change in the right direction is progress and welcome it. With one day left it looks like a decriminalization bill will be likely and legal rec will have to wait another year.

igrowone

Veteran
If only we could vote on this issue! . I keep hearing 2 schools of thought on the whole NYS legalization deal. Some want a total win or nothing, and some think that any change in the right direction is progress and welcome it. With one day left it looks like a decriminalization bill will be likely and legal rec will have to wait another year.

decrim? that would be very big news
could be better than the corporate grow deal they have at the moment
have to check that out

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
decrim? that would be very big news
could be better than the corporate grow deal they have at the moment
have to check that out

NY decriminalized in 1977, one of the first states to do so, cops in NY have never followed those rules however.

In 1977, New York decriminalized possession of 25 grams or less of marijuana, to an infraction with a $100 fine. However, possession in public view remained a misdemeanor, and civil rights advocates stated that this was used as a loophole to unfairly arrest. A New York Times editorial noted in 2012:

Marijuana arrests declined after passage of the 1977 law, but that changed in the 1990s. Between 1997 and 2010, the city arrested 525,000 people for low-level, public-view possession, according to a legislative finding. Lawmakers and civil rights lawyers are rightly outraged that more than 80 percent of those arrested in the city are black and Latino, despite substantial data showing that whites are more likely to use the drug.[8]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_New_York

Possession of less than 25 grams (0.88 oz) of marijuana, in any form, is unlawful possession of marijuana, punishable by a fine of no more than $100 if the defendant has no convictions for the offense within the last three years. Those who do can be fined up to $200; on the third conviction within that time period the maximum fine rises to $250 with the possibility of a 15-day jail sentence as well. The offense is considered a violation, the lowest level of offense defined in state law, and thus does not show up on a criminal record.[1]

If the marijuana is burning or in public view, no matter the amount, or is between 25 g and 2 ounces (57 g), it is fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, a Class B misdemeanor,[1] carrying a possible three-month sentence.[3] Amounts in the 2–8 ounces (57–227 g) range are fourth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, a Class A misdemeanor[1] for which offenders can receive up to six months in jail. Convictions for these offenses will result in a criminal record.[3]

igrowone

Veteran
from what i've quickly skimmed it looks like they are getting to fixing some of the decrim gotcha's such as public view/use
better than nothing but 42 years to make fixes like those is not encouraging

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
NY has no balloting on these issues, only the politicians will vote.

This will be the worst "legal" weed state in the US and there was no way you couldn't see it coming if you had your eyes open.

Just wait till you try smoking your first legal $100 eighth here, lol.
Oregon has $30 ounces these days and they let anyone grow who wants in the game, that shit will never happen in a state as crooked as NY.

Nobody's in Albany paying off the hacks for your right to grow four fucking plants in NY.
New Yorkers will get a Governor appointed Cannabis Commissioner who decides what you will smoke and who gets to grow and sell it and it still might take years to pull it off...

Seems like the new york farm bureau are the only ones doing the right thing. This stuff that cuomo came up with??? The only ones who will benefit from it.. are multi million dollar companies from out of state. Medmen, Citiva etc. will be the only ones allowed to touch the plant

Gerardbutler79

Veteran

for sure. the politicians who are voting yes, should get spam on their twitters n facebook.. stoner pics, advertisements. LOL might embarrass em enough to vote no:biggrin: