What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stop sending weed from out west to NY

• Thread starter Buddhafamily456
  • Start date

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It amazes me how little pot sellers know about marketing.

EDUCATE your customers?????... LMAO Since when did you EVER see a successful market do anything but deceive their customers?

Let's toss out a couple examples.... food.

OH, yeah, big honesty there. The white sugar bag tells all about how they make it.

"Made with REAL BEEF". Means it is primarily soy with 1% REAL BEEF.

Clothes? Soft drinks? I'm sure all soft drinks tell you how bad their sweetener is.... Oh, yeah.

I have the BEST pot in the WORLD. THAT'S why you should buy from me. My pot will make you taller, stronger and better looking. Sure, it's more expensive... BUT IT'S WORTH IT.

If you ask me, it will be a relief when the big corps finally take over cannabis and do it properly.

I have not seen a single cannabis ad with a beautiful girl a dog or a baby on it. Wm Randolph Hurst would be so disappointed.

Can't wait for the first Coca Canna Cola commercial.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Lost

Lost

It amazes me how little pot sellers know about marketing.

EDUCATE your customers?????... LMAO Since when did you EVER see a successful market do anything but deceive their customers?

Let's toss out a couple examples.... food.

OH, yeah, big honesty there. The white sugar bag tells all about how they make it.

"Made with REAL BEEF". Means it is primarily soy with 1% REAL BEEF.

Clothes? Soft drinks? I'm sure all soft drinks tell you how bad their sweetener is.... Oh, yeah.

I have the BEST pot in the WORLD. THAT'S why you should buy from me. My pot will make you taller, stronger and better looking. Sure, it's more expensive... BUT IT'S WORTH IT.

If you ask me, it will be a relief when the big corps finally take over cannabis and do it properly.

I have not seen a single cannabis ad with a beautiful girl a dog or a baby on it. Wm Randolph Hurst would be so disappointed.

Can't wait for the first Coca Canna Cola commercial.

:laughing::laughing: :moon::moon::moon:This is the funniest shit I've read all day. Boy I tell yas...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I laughed my ass off reading the thread's title.

When I was a kid, if you put of a shit load of weed on the street, you'd get a knock on your door for budding in on someone's territory. That wasn't a good conversation to have and usually resulted in daddy going to the bank while they sat in your living room.

Knock knock...
"Hi. I'm Pete and this is re-Pete. We want our money."

P-NUT

Veteran
Nobody in this thread is saying my weed is great, if just ifthischeap shitty weed weren’t coming in?

I must not read well anymore

My weed is great and I can charge double what the imports go for. I cant produce enough. The problem is I cant grow outdoors or greenhouse without losing my property so I cant go much lower since its a fortune to rent right now and you can only do so much before people catch on. The risk to reward ratio is super good out west not so good out east. They just love to seize our shit out here. Assholes. The police are armed robbers.

Easy7

Veteran
Obviously ringo is upset nobody wants his home made brick weed. Lot's of growers don't know jack shit. That's why false information about bud is so common. Street names, hype, most no jack squat about what they got.

Two hommies selling 'kush' that's only another gas tank smuggled mexi dirt.

ambertrichome

Veteran
Its all about supply, and demand, and it will never stop.

The best remedy is to grow weed that's so good, they cant compete with you. Forcing them to have to come up with some better stuff than you.
Main thing is that the stuff has to be flat out better vs your competitor, and have equal, or better prices.
You also must have good customer service, stand behind your product, and never misrepresent anything.
Product will speak for itself.

Easy7

Veteran
With legal weed the folks have no choice to send their subpar blackmarketvwee east. Why buy black market weed when it's legal?

As well as forum rules used to be not talking about selling. If someone wants to risk prison to make a buck, that's their biz. I've just been in it for personal, to do my own thing and nor rely on the shitty and hazardous black market. If I grew commercial ir'd be legal.

Seems like a lot of chumps can't give up the hustle!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
HEY!!!!

My pot is purple and smells like watermelon and it's called shattercrystalTrosinbaseicediamonds and it is so bad, and you'll be so high, you probably won't even know it.

And, I triple guarantee it with 10x your money back if not the most stoned you have ever been (some restrictions may apply).

It is ALL NATURAL (although, so is beaver piss)

And, it is 100% ORGANIC (which is the buzz word that makes it worth the 5x more money that I am charging).

Plus, with every ounce I am giving away a brand new Cadillac.

We deliver.

Cash, Credit, Bitpay, Coinpal or you can just owe us and pay us when you can.

Available only at big box stores including WalMart and Target or any place Monsanto products are sold. Try your grocery store.

Thanks and now, back to your regularly scheduled TV news program.....

Oh, and I am disappointed that no one recognized WRH's oh so famous quote. Fucking rebleating sheeple. Any of you ever READ anything?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Let's just end this thread, lol. The weed is still gonna flow into NY, PA, and several other states. Regardless of if it's legal or not. The black market I think will always be there, even with full on federal legalization. So no point in bitching about "boof packs" coming to your state. Grow your own killer weed, problem solved. If you buy, find someone with better weed, they are out there. The weed get's shipped because it sells. When it stops selling, that's when it won't get shipped. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Not yet, I have to bash Trump and use the "N" word. Then, we can close it. LOL

OK, for just one second, I will answer something seriously.

Always a black market????????

I would agree based on today's situation but after xx number of years of no alcohol prohibition, how is the illegal black market for alcohol? I don't think there is one, is there? LOL

Eventually, I think it will be the same for pot. Sure, some people make their own beer. But, the masses buy 6 packs. And, I still see a jar of home made moonshine on occasion. But, the liquor store still has a car in the parking lot all day and night.

So, just logically, and not based on anything really happening in the pot market today, I think the black market will eventually disappear. Just like the bootlegger.

There WILL be a certain underground group who don't abide by all the rules. Just as there are 'after-hours' bars and other illegal alcohol enterprises.

However, no one is even close to Anheiser Busch and Seagrams.

And, in the end, even with the 'after hours' bars, the money still filters up to Busch and Seagrams.

Our only real hope for moral victory is that the giant megacorps that control cannabis in the years to come are owned by Tommy Chong and Willie Nelson. At least it will have come to one of our own. LOL

B

Buddhafamily456

.... doesn't your location say you're from Ottawa? I have family in ottawa and have spent months out there, so I kinda find your post comical, but either way don't understand what you said has to do with anything

I laughed my ass off reading the thread's title.

When I was a kid, if you put of a shit load of weed on the street, you'd get a knock on your door for budding in on someone's territory. That wasn't a good conversation to have and usually resulted in daddy going to the bank while they sat in your living room.

Knock knock...
"Hi. I'm Pete and this is re-Pete. We want our money."

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
.... doesn't your location say you're from Ottawa? I have family in ottawa and have spent months out there, so I kinda find your post comical, but either way don't understand what you said has to do with anything
Not Ottawa proper. It's just easier to identify than Eastern Ontario. But I did grow up there.

Ottawa in the 70s & 80s was a very different place. Canterbury at the time was the hub in the east end. 10 dealers would rush you to buy theirs, and it all came from one supplier. If sales were down a lot, he started asking question.

Weed coming in from the west coast into his territory is funny. It's like trying to stop 500 new dealers taking up your spot in front of the drugstore. You can't knock on enough doors to stop that.

With legal weed the folks have no choice to send their subpar blackmarketvwee east. Why buy black market weed when it's legal?

Well, high prices is one reason. 30% tax on a $35 eighth is close to $50. A top quality eighth is $50 + tax. An $800 black market lb is $50 an oz. (or a $400 Hmong lb is $25 an oz.). Mark it up 100% and you are selling $15 eighths out the door.

Another reason is that 85% of our municipalities don’t allow rec sales.

The black market is here to stay.

Easy7

Veteran
If there was fed legalization it's a whole different game than this Cali and West coast stuff. Liquor is state set prices. They do that to get ahead of black market liquor and beer. Tobacco is dirt cheap and it only yields 1/4 pound a plant.

If it was fed legal, it be grown so massively, they'd have to limit production. Honestly, what's the point in risking poisoning drinking moonshine? I don't give any intelligence credit to folks doing that.

Soak it up while it lasts, cause when things change it's going to change big time! Perhaps you could sell to some friends, but it's not going to be a big hustle and all that homie G crap. You're not going to make a living off it for ever.

hamstring

Veteran
I know this thread is a little long in the tooth but thought i would throw in my 2 cents. Been guerrilla growing in the midwest corn belt for over 25 years and not afraid to admit its all mids. Nothing special but my friends like it because of the price and quality.

I can tell you everything is going pens. Peach flavored or pick your poison and even guys I have nothing but respect for are buying them. These guys have money too not living pay check to pay check. The shit sucks and they know it. They don't care because pens don't smell and pot still carries a negative connotation. They have families they go to soccer games and teacher parent conferences.

I dont blame them my kids are grown and gone and I went thorough the same thing. You dont need good pot to make peach flavored pens. This is the market and will be for many years to come. You cant show up at the teacher parent conference smelling like booze and its legal.

I feel like some people just dont get it. No one cares about $300 lbs when they can buy a disposal pen for $30.00 and go to their favorite sporting event and smoke unnoticed. The masses will be smoking some form of of concentrate because its easy and people are lazy.

eastcoastjoe

all these years we have been crying for legalization so now it’s here and this is what it looks like....
It may be time to start looking for a new job