What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stop sending weed from out west to NY

• Thread starter Buddhafamily456
  • Start date

green404

If people out in Cali don’t stop cutting each others throats and don’t form some sort of solidarity out there demanding the right price for the right product then big business and corporations are gonna destroy everything and carry that over to the rest of the country.

Sellers don't set the price. Markets set the price.

Cannabis has been highly inflated because it was illegal. Where is is legal now the inflated price is going away.

N

naturalbornkilr

Sellers don't set the price. Markets set the price.

Cannabis has been highly inflated because it was illegal. Where is is legal now the inflated price is going away.

Nothing about growing in california then shipping to ny is legal so this really makes no sense. All the growers hiding under the shelter of prop215 are now breaking the law 100% if they sell even one gram of the harvest to anyone.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing about growing in california then shipping to ny is legal so this really makes no sense. All the growers hiding under the shelter of prop215 are now breaking the law 100% if they sell even one gram of the harvest to anyone.

As I said previously,
Cali overproduced what their legal market could handle & the over produced garbage is the first to leave the State. Those farmers ARE going to move their products one way or another! It matters not where it goes.
However, just blaming Cali is wrong...
Every single state that allows personal grows is responsible for the influx because of folks that over grow their own needs. Everybody knows NY is still one of the best states to make a profit in as well.

You’re going to have to grow more or find more loyal customers &/or find another cash cow.

The green rush isn’t listening & doesn’t care about you. Sorry to say it but it’s true.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Nobody out west is sending anything, its your people from new york philly etc that come out here and buy it then they send it back, stop blaming the west when its actually your people that WANT to buy the shittiest cheapest weed possible because A) they're still doubling or tripling their money B) if they loose a load it is less of a financial hit than if they bought the same number of units of high grade
That is exactly what is happening! People come out west and buy on looks alone. To be fair, that is what everyone has been doing. They won't even smoke stuff that doesn't have the best bag appeal. You can't tell quality by looking at it. Newbie growers are fertilizing the crap out of weed to grow the biggest buds and ruining the quality. Middle men are buying based on bag appeal, and the quality plummets. Old growers who know what they are doing are driven out. All those that claim that the free market allow the best to rise to the top don't know what they are talking about.

I only grow for myself because:

1.) I know I'm smoking weed without chemical fertilizer or pesticides.
2.) I like my weed with a particular type of high (not stone).

Friends smoke mine, love it, and want to buy some. Then they say they can get weed for half that price. I say "go buy some of that".

When people are willing to pay premier prices for top quality bud, only then will the quality get better. Dynamite comes in small packages (and it's NOT fresh/overfertilized/green):
picture.php

B

Buddhafamily456

Exactly. People out west wanna hide under the legal grow rules and ship their shit out here for dirt cheap and run out everyone who has been doing it for years before this bullshit started. It’s a fucking mess, everyone is out for me me me. People need to band the fuck together and have sit down and do shit the right way

Hookah79

Sorry but commercial growers will never band together. Unfortunately they’re out to cut each other’s throat.

geneva_sativa

That is exactly what is happening! People come out west and buy on looks alone. To be fair, that is what everyone has been doing. They won't even smoke stuff that doesn't have the best bag appeal. You can't tell quality by looking at it. Newbie growers are fertilizing the crap out of weed to grow the biggest buds and ruining the quality. Middle men are buying based on bag appeal, and the quality plummets. Old growers who know what they are doing are driven out. All those that claim that the free market allow the best to rise to the top don't know what they are talking about.

I only grow for myself because:

1.) I know I'm smoking weed without chemical fertilizer or pesticides.
2.) I like my weed with a particular type of high (not stone).

Friends smoke mine, love it, and want to buy some. Then they say they can get weed for half that price. I say "go buy some of that".

When people are willing to pay premier prices for top quality bud, only then will the quality get better. Dynamite comes in small packages (and it's NOT fresh/overfertilized/green):
View Image

I agree, so many talented and deserving people have been pushed out. . .

but it isn't because of a free market. . . its about as far from free, as it could be.

P-NUT

Veteran
I just wish everywhere would actually legalize as in real legalization no restrictions or permits to grow your own. Anything less is fucked and will mean an end to long season sativas eventually. Seems everybodys mad about loosing $ and I am one of them but it really fucking sucks to loose your income and still not be able to grow like you want while watching the best genetics disappear as the greed rush takes over.

I’ve been seeing the same issues here In western ma for a while. The buyers here are so uneducated that they think this mail order stuff is complete fire and don’t want to pay up for the good stuff. It’s really all about finding the right customer base. For me I keep what I need until the next run and whatever is left over I try to get rid of to my close circle of people but I can’t get anymore than what people are willing to pay. It sucks but you just have to roll with it and do the best we can to pay the bills. I’m new in this game but for me I absolutely love my indoor garden so it’s as much a hobby as it is anything else and I don’t care what prices are I will always grow my own just for the experience of doing it myself

caliprop215

Veteran
Dont you want some cali fire compared to that east coast bammer......??????? Jk we all grow good pot no matter where it is...thats for all the east coast growers.....but u still aint got shit on cali!!!!!!!! Hahhahhhahahahahhahah

I just sent 20 million pounds to east coast . Prices really gna plummet now!

Dont you want some cali fire compared to that east coast bammer......??????? Jk we all grow good pot no matter where it is...thats for all the east coast growers.....but u still aint got shit on cali!!!!!!!! Hahhahhhahahahahhahah

I just sent 20 million pounds to east coast . Prices really gna plummet now!

Lol. You no if it was how I made a living like Some guys do then I would be more upset about it but the way I look at it is I get some bomb smoke for myself and if I can send a little bit out for sale and help cover my bills I’m cool man. I’m in construction and it’s literally the same thing. Price drives everyone or most everyone and you just need to adapt or you’ll go hungry. Good luck to everyone and keep growing

Seriously though, there is another 1000 #s of early harvested, GrowMore fed, U-haul dried, $400 a lb., Hmong bud headed your way. I guess Mr. Vang didn’t get the memo. You keep buying it, they will keep sending it. Their ability and willingness to sell shit weed so cheaply hurts us too.

Easy7

Veteran
Myth affects market a great amount. Most smokers know some hype and not even why they really enjoyed a smoke. Some stuff is too strong for people, they go more economic. Others only like sativa, maybe they only smoke island import or small local indoor.

Fact is music like rap sells a strain more than much else, for those into that. If your a deadhead, then lot rumors and what's all the rage with what cut is floating around blowing up, rules the scene.

Then there are us online tools. We know the seed and game of how to find good cuts for specefic climate. Well read and less inclined to believe rumors. Just because someone liks a cut and says it's fire, don't make it worth more than any other. Hype and rumor is a chumps game, lot's of chumps into weed though!

jidoka

Sounds like the Mexican immigration argument to me. Those west coast motherfuckers is so bad...blah, blah, blah, make up some shit

And they keep stealing your jobs

Look in the mirror and ask yourself, how pathetic does that make me. Comes a point where you gotta quit stroking your ego and step the fuck up

Ask Miami mango, lol

B

Buddhafamily456

Don't see where anybody is "stroking their ego" ?

Sounds like the Mexican immigration argument to me. Those west coast motherfuckers is so bad...blah, blah, blah, make up some shit

And they keep stealing your jobs

Look in the mirror and ask yourself, how pathetic does that make me. Comes a point where you gotta quit stroking your ego and step the fuck up

Ask Miami mango, lol

jidoka

Nobody in this thread is saying my weed is great, if just ifthischeap shitty weed weren’t coming in?

I must not read well anymore

Easy7

Veteran
One of the hardest things is educating the masses. That's essentially what propaganda tries to do. Yes sure hell ya it can be corrupt. It can also be for the better good.

People like I said, may choose economic over something subjectively 'better'. Some people like brick because it only lasts an hour. Not me!

So you really gotta think of how to convince people that your product is better and a better deal.

Latest posts

Latest posts