What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

blow through trubo?

kezark31

anyone one on here a big gear head? CARB tuner? building 400hp setup for a v6 chev. im having troubble with the fuel pressure regulator....FYI if at this point your sayinf why is he running a regulator on a carb. well for this simple reason your average mech or cheap MR gasket inline pump in 4-7psi. thats fine the engine is sucking the air in at this point. now we add the turbo boost ie positive pressure being shoved down the intake (kinda like rape if you will) im shooting for 10-12 psi. So with 12 psi of boost pressure being rammed against the 7psi of FUEL the fuel now is blown out of the fuel bowls or out the shafts or other orfice ya dig... so we need a rising rate fuel regulator that increases bowl pressure as boost comes on. if you brain is still will me here>>> please move to the next line lol.

brand is not my question...none of the regulators ive seen airmotive MSD,ect have a max boost input the only say base setting... but they offer base fuel settings of 1.5-20 psi. this fine i need 7psi base. they have a 1:1 ratio of boost reference. as anyone know thats had something with a turbo or a supercharger the itch to raise the boost or "BOOST BUG" comes on fast! so as i say i plan to run 12psi....normal driving track is another story i may crank her up a little bit...so if she hits 17 psi boost plus my fuel pressure im now over the max fuel pressure setting on the regulators...i cant any input...but if you want part#s here ya go.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-29387/overview/
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-13301/overview/

i hope there is a gear head that even see's this section! and for the love of GOD dont tell me about a fuel pump...

growshopfrank

Veteran
Get over to yellowbullet.com-build threads and you will get some help
just stay out of the TOBT section if you value your sanity :)

Latest posts

Latest posts