What's new

Anyone into Jap tuned cars here? Toyota, Nissans

DarthFader1

Veteran
Well i love my cars always have. At the moment i own a 2003 Toyota Aristo 2jz-gte. It has quite a few modifications including fully rebuilt suspension system with Ikeya Formula arms, bilstein custom valved coilovers, cusco & toms swaybars, chassis braces, strutbraces, TRD bushes.

Am about to start work on the engine real soon with a HKS VPro Engine management system with new single turbo and some other bolt on bits and pieces. Not going for anything too crazy but around 450hp is easily achievable with a single turbo tuned setup on a 2jz engine.

Ive also owned Rx7s, STI's, EVO7, and my brother is into his Nissan's hardout. At the moment he has a real nice r32 GTR.

So thats me, anyone else?

I really want to post my car but damn it's a bit revealing LOL. I may do it later if anyone is interested

darth

Last edited:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well i love my cars always have. At the moment i own a 2003 Toyota Aristo 2jz-gte. It has quite a few modifications including fully rebuilt suspension system with Ikeya Formula arms, bilstein custom valved coilovers, cusco & toms swaybars, strutbraces, TRD bushes.

Am about to start work on the engine real soon with a HKS VPro Engine management system with new single turbo and some other bolt on bits and pieces. Not going for anything too crazy but around 450hp is easily achievable with a single turbo tuned setup on a 2jz engine.

Ive also owned Rx7s, STI's, EVO7, and my brother is into his Nissan's hardout. At the moment he has a real nice r32 GTR.

So thats me, anyone else?

I really want to post my car but damn it's a bit revealing LOL. I may do it later if anyone is interested

darth
hey darth,,
when I was a good few years younger I owed a suburu wrx sti and a mitsi evo 5 tommy hakkinen model in red with decals..
I am a bit older now and didn't like the "drama" lol, both great cars though,,,
may want to post ya car in pm only and hide the reg number,,,
peace and regards 944s2

DarthFader1

Veteran
Hi 944s2, oh wow i remember those Hakkinen red Evo 5s, they were the dogs bollocks back in the day! I know all too well the drama that comes with owning these cars. That's one of the things i love about owning this Aristo, i never get pulled in it. The cops always look but they never pull me i think because it looks like a modern lexus not an Evo/STI/RX7. Just goes to show the cops definitely target these cars. I can't afford traffic stops these days, plus i drive alot more sensibly now im a bit older

Yeah i would just take my number plates off in pics lol, and no public pics for cars thats a good idea.

thanks for stopping by
darth

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
I am ;)

picture.php

Next car will hopefully be a 280z

Last edited:

chedda breeze

Only just joined this forum,

Yeah im into my cars big time,

I currently have a Nissan silvia s15 spec r.....used to have starlet glanzas too but grown out of them now

DemonTrich

Veteran
I used to be into tuner cars from 2002 thru 2006. done just about everything to that damn car (coil-overs, nitrous, 156db spl competition sound system, dual comp pioneer decks, 18's, slammed, scca racing, ect, ect, ect). got tired of dumping tons of cash to still go "slow". so I bought a sportbike and killed it. starting racing with WERA, bought, built, and crashed numerous bikes.

wordsux

I am ;)

View Image

I sold my sr20 s13 a few years ago. Can't post pics because it's pretty recognizable. I used to do allot of drift events with it. Can't even post engine bay pics because of the valve cover paint job hahaha

Sr20 black top with a t3/to4 with all the works

Tanabe sustech pro 7 cois
All spl arms

Too much shit to list

MISS THAT CAR SOO MUCH

wordsux

I am ;)

View Image

I sold my sr20 s13 a few years ago. Can't post pics because it's pretty recognizable. I used to do allot of drift events with it. Can't even post engine bay pics because of the valve cover paint job hahaha

Sr20 black top with a t3/to4 with all the works

Tanabe sustech pro 7 cois
All spl arms

Too much shit to list

MISS THAT CAR SOO MUCH

ColombianDiesel

I'm in the same boat as you.

The sr20 240's are so fast. The fastest I've ever travelled was in a 240, shit was getting blurry like warp speed. hahaha whatta rush. Couldn't tell the exact speed cause we maxed out the speedo.

If you think the sr20 was quick you should try a built & tuned rb25det in a 240 holyyy fuuuuuck. My buddy's pushes almost 500. I swear you put any half competent engine in those little cars and they take off like a rocket, I've even been in some boosted KA's that blew my fuckin socks off.

Definitely my favorite tuner, I think the new Z's are great and everything, and I know not everyone agrees, but I feel like the S14 was the pinnacle of Nissan sports cars, at least in the U.S. With a few proper upgrades of course.:tiphat:

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
s15 is a way nicer looking car with same performance.

im more of an old school toyotas ae86 and kp61. google them if you dont know what they are.

way less power but takes allot more skill to drive :)

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have raced cars for years and never really had much experience with Japanese cars. Stock cars, open wheel, dirt, funny car. Recently I had the opportunity to turn some laps in a Nissan GTR. What a machine! I'm not a fan for driver controls traction controls and such, but that car handles like a dream! Very fast through the turns. Uphill blind esses were exhilarating, very stable yet knife edge fast. Smokeed my Porsche turbo lap time hard, which we were more than surprised about. That's my only experience with Japanese performance cars lol.

Edit, and the gentleman drove it home! The Porsche not so much, she travels in a trailer.

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
what GTR was it ? my mate had a 400bhp R33 skyline very easy to drive. great car

when times were good in ireland everybody was driving around in high performance jap cars. now there is none, all the cars were exported to Holland and the UK.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Lol 400bhp is literally nothing for a GTR engine. It ain't serious until you got at least 600+hp to play with. Sorry no offence!

And yeah Lester im personally not surprised at all the GTR smoked your porsche lap times. Thats why they banned the GTR's at Bathurst in the early 90s as the rear wheel drive holdens and fords got absolutely destroyed by the 4wd setup and the extreme power of the GTR RB26dett engine!

Speaking of gtr's my bro just sold his R32 this beast was seriously 750hp, fully forged engine, huge twin turbos with HKS V-Pro full engine management along with massive brakes & suspension. He then went and bought an RX-3 13B bridgeport turbo which did just under 10 second quarters. He took me for a spin and i was literally screaming like little girl telling him to sloooooow down. It was so fuqqing crazy it was dangerous.

I still got my Aristo still doing it up fuqqing money pit that it is!

darth

DarthFader1

Veteran
Which year V Man?

Vr4s are pretty old school now aye, i remember the 1st vr4s just before they did the Evo1. Cats used to do those VR4s up all the time.. The turbo 4wd model that is. They were cool cars for their time, i don;t see many around these days