What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Lemon Thai From CH9

olddognewtricks

Glad to help Wendull. As far as synthetic nutes, everyone I have ever seen burned plants if given in their suggested amount. When using FF, I have seen typically the same results when cutting nutes in half as using full strength. I have had great results using just worm castings and cow manure for my veg tea, and then addiing a little fruit eating bat guano through flower. Lost a little yield, but not as much as you would think, and the product was wonderful. Just straight organics now. Can't beat the flavor, smell and taste, and the smoke is unbelievably smooth.

Okay, on a different note, I will son be trying Paradise seeds "Delahaze" (sativa), and Greenhouse "AMS" (indica). Will start a new post for that. Third run of BLT. Just wanted something different. They are both suppose to be huge yielders and potent smoke. Will keep you posted. Peace

Wendull C.

Veteran
Yes, I am very excited to try a friends sour d room we did full organic. He only grows his own meds so yield isn't as large a consideration as someone driven to pay edison.
And sour diesel is my Favorite smoke!:)

olddognewtricks

Sorry for the double post. Wasnt paying attention. The Delahaze and AMS just got here! Got them in the ground and all popped in 4 days. Will start a new post when I take first pics. Never had an opportunity to try "Sour D" Wendull. Heard nothing but great things from everyone who has. Hope to find my new favorite in the next couple months. I will keep you posted

olddognewtricks

Thanks bro. Everything looking great! The Delahaze is very fast vegging sativa, and the AMS is not far behind. Not really able to chronicle everything right now, plus, seems like it's just you and me on here Wendull. I wanted to let you know that I am utilizing a new(old) light cycle in veg.It is called the "Gas Lantern" technique. You probably already know about it. Saves 5.5 hours of light(electricity) per day while vegging. So far, so good! Did a lot of research on it over the last couple months. I will also be implementing the "Diminished Daylight" technique in conjunction with the GL technique. I will keep you posted.

Buddler

Veteran
Thanks bro. Everything looking great! The Delahaze is very fast vegging sativa, and the AMS is not far behind. Not really able to chronicle everything right now, plus, seems like it's just you and me on here Wendull. I wanted to let you know that I am utilizing a new(old) light cycle in veg.It is called the "Gas Lantern" technique. You probably already know about it. Saves 5.5 hours of light(electricity) per day while vegging. So far, so good! Did a lot of research on it over the last couple months. I will also be implementing the "Diminished Daylight" technique in conjunction with the GL technique. I will keep you posted.

Hi O.D.N.T.,Thanks for the report i have a free seed of these blue lemon thai ,wasnt sure about finish time as eight weeks for a thai sounds good ,You ve inspired me to pop this bean and see what i got. and would like to hear more bout the lighting experiment ..:dance013:Buddler

olddognewtricks

Welcome aboard Buddler! Yeah man, the BLT is a great strain. I spoke to Peter that owns CH9 seeds out of Spain. He actually suggests 7 weeks flower, but I like mine with a bit more indica punch, so I give it an extra week. Makes all the difference in the world. It is a big feeder(drinker) when flower hits. You can see my feed sched. above. One thing that I left out was that from week 2-8, I fed heavy everyday(enough to see a little runoff) for 6 or 7 days, then, no food or water for 3-4 days. After the last day of drying, the next feed was full strength and heavy runoff.(didn't care if it almost filled catch basin) Would leave the girl in that solution for 1/2 a day, then empty the catch basin so I could go back to everyday feeding. Got GREAT results. For most of that grow, only had a 400w hps. Last 2 weeks, got 600w hps and a 400w mh to rock with. Can't wait to see difference in lighting for next round. Hope this helps. Good luck to you my brother.(or sister.....don't want to assume)

Buddler

Veteran
Welcome aboard Buddler! Yeah man, the BLT is a great strain. I spoke to Peter that owns CH9 seeds out of Spain. He actually suggests 7 weeks flower, but I like mine with a bit more indica punch, so I give it an extra week. Makes all the difference in the world. It is a big feeder(drinker) when flower hits. You can see my feed sched. above. One thing that I left out was that from week 2-8, I fed heavy everyday(enough to see a little runoff) for 6 or 7 days, then, no food or water for 3-4 days. After the last day of drying, the next feed was full strength and heavy runoff.(didn't care if it almost filled catch basin) Would leave the girl in that solution for 1/2 a day, then empty the catch basin so I could go back to everyday feeding. Got GREAT results. For most of that grow, only had a 400w hps. Last 2 weeks, got 600w hps and a 400w mh to rock with. Can't wait to see difference in lighting for next round. Hope this helps. Good luck to you my brother.(or sister.....don't want to assume)

ODNT, seven wks thats fast shes goin in paper towel today ,i got a lot of seeds to frig wit, but this baby is up next lol,ill keep ya posted and you keep up your good work bro,wonder how it would do OD ...

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Nice report. Never tried CH9, I do prefer Sativa's and it seems you've found a good Thai leaning pheno with a short flower time, amazing.

Great smoke report and tips on growing this strain.

Your flowers look well grown too.

You've inspired me to buy and grow this one out.

Many thanks.

Wendull C.

Veteran
On your veg lighting, do you mean leaving the primary light off for 2-6 hours a cycle while leaving on another light to hold cycle?
I do that to allow me to hoard genetics.:)

olddognewtricks

Good luck to you Buddler! What's up SkunkFunk? Thanks for the support. The strain is pretty easy to deal with. After second week of flower, I pushed it on the feed until I could see leaves start to get a little too heavy, then I dried it out pretty well and started it all over again, and that is how she turned out. Good luck to you! What is up brother Wendull? The cycle that I am speaking of works like this, the lights stay on for 12 hours, then go off for 5.5 hours, come back on for one hour(just enough time to interrupt the dark, and keep the hormones that cause flowering from building up) and then go off for another 5.5 hours. Total of 13 hours on and 11 hours off.......IN VEG!!!!!! On day 5 and I have never had growth like this, and they are soooo healthy and strong! This shit works like a champ.....and saving 5.5 hours a day in power! If you are like me, and on a tight budget, every bit helps. Hell, who doesn't want to save money, and trust me, your babies do not suffer. They will thank you for the extra rest! Hope this helps, and good luck to

riverroller

Olddognewtricks, you also sparked my interest in popping my freebie BLT from attitude. I'm not sure I could be more impressed with a grow. You had it all dialed in with that plant. Mine is 3 weeks into flowering and looks impressive, but you should get a trophy for that one.

A

Alone

If your gonna get Delahaze your better off getting Mr.Nices Mango Haze!
I grew out the Delahaze and got a Lemon Skunk pheno that sucked and a Mango Haze pheno that was just ok. I would have prefered the strains by themselves without the cross.

Delahaze - Mango Haze pheno....way better than the LS pheno. Got nanners at week 6 ~
picture.php

picture.php

Lemon Skunk pheno ~
picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts