What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ed Rosenthal's Super Bud

DankSide

I liked reading this report, thanks for the contribution.

Using the Venerable Ed's Name was obviously a marketing ploy to get people (such as myself) to ante up big Dollaz for a few PolyHybrid Beans. Because of the Sensi Seeds Brand I tried 'Em. no luck here...

Tipz, you ain't gonna make a lot of friends here "acting up" so blatantly. You may be correct, I don't really care...
Being smart is a boon, good on ya. No one wants to talk to ya, not so great..

I have found many "Brand Name" seeds such as Mr. Nice, and other popular elite brans to not yield what I WOULD CALL WINNERS, on regular basis. Although, my Cheesequake seed purchase yielded 2 winners out of 3 females.. So there ya go. It's a Crapshoot.
My Call, 'cause I bought the beans. Thanks.

Pretty competitive in the Em Tri., it's gotta be great...!!

Seed before clone.

Like you said, it can be luck of the draw - though not everyone is chucking poly-hybrids out as prime genes.

With a good breeder you'll see 2-4 uniform phenos depending on the cross. Usually a keeper per pack. With a more commercial breeder you may have to buy a few packs to find that keeper.

Same thing applies to all these purple crosses coming out. You can't expect the whole pack will be purple, but you can expect half to exhibit purple colors safely with a good breeder.

JAY LENWEED

I've grown ERSB and for the cost they were the absolute worst investment in my whole growing experience. I got one female out of ten seeds and 8 germinated. In my twenty plus years of growing I tried five different strains from Sensi and in my opinion only one was good. (Afgani #!) Sensi seed bank"s quality has suffered considerably over the years and I will not waste anther dime.

thinman

good report. sensi seeds has really gone down hill over the years. they used to be really good, and also used to include 15 seeds per pack, which made finding something worthwhile easier. plus, most of their seeds would at least germinate.

now they charge too much and only offer 10 seeds----a double edged whammy to the end user. not to mention that their germination rates are low.

maybe sensi and soma have formed a union!!! hahaha...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we have grown their black dom and jack herer... both 'ok'... def nothin great... we found a 'great' pheno in a pack of nirvana's jock horror which is said to be a knockoff... way..way better then their jack.... and 1/10th the price... unfort being 'stupid' did not take cuttings, and have not yet found that pheno ...

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Agree with Max Headroom, Marleys Collie is a great strain to grow and smoke, wonderful high.

These daze I wouldn't bother with Sensi, got to commercial and they don't breed anymore, rather outsource that side of the business, so quality has gone right downhill.

Still remember the early day's when Ben Dronkers was still breeding at Sensi's facility and they really were the best, 15 seeds a pack, great germination and good female to male ratio.

What a shame they got greedy......I would advise anyone not to go there now !

G.O. Joe

Veteran
ERSB has always had a bad rep. They still have good strains, but not that one, and not at a good price any more. IIRC Ed himself was involved in the parent selection, and the idea did not work out so well.

randalika

Mentor
Veteran
beside all those negative comments i have to say something good about the ersb. i didnt try the seeds so it might be that it is a fuckup and not worth the price. but the clone i got gifted from a friend years ago is anything but shit.
although it was selected from a pack of nectar seeds, nectar seed created their definition of ersb from sensi stock.

the clone was not a superduper, holy grail cut. but it was nevertheless a really good one. easy to grow, big yielder, uplifting high and a really nice smoke.
been smoking her recently again, the weed has been curing for 1.5years. and i can tell you: it's pure pineapple in the nose. when freshly grinded its so strong and sharp, it tickles inside your nose. i love it :D and i try to bring some to next 420.

it might be not worth growing the ersb from seeds rather than get a good selected cut but there definitely is a keeper in there. :)

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
the point of this thread is sensi, used to be the kings,,,but they have been de-thrown-ed..years ago...i remember a buddy growing out the skunk#1 from them when i was in high-school...those were the skunkiest stinkiest nicest buds i ever smoked,,but years later and they LOOSE or KILLED all of the P1 parental stock,,,,voila and you get what you have now...SHIT

peace
Chefboy

SAMSEED

there was only 1500 packs of seeds on sale from sensi over 10 years ago , so were these seeds ibl or auction ? cheers bud

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts