What's new

Opinions on spreading out spacing in between pots

hashit

I always end up bunching up my ladies in order to move the light closer. Here are a few details:

3.5ft wide x ~8ft long space:

picture.php

I have no issues with vertical space. I have a 600w HPS with an Air-Cooled hood which is about 8 inches from the tallest plant. This is how they look from a top-down view:

picture.php

Side view:
picture.php

They are bunched up with minimal spacing...but I often wonder if I can spread them out and raise the light higher to get more yield...but then I think about how it does not matter since the net yield would be the same considering both methods. Am I thinking logically? Or is there a flaw in my thinking? If so, I would definitly spread them out and raise the light so more light can penetrate.

What do you guys think? Have you noticed differences in yeild with lowering the light/bunching them up vs raising the light/spreading them out?

Thanks...:ying:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
After looking at the picture from the top, it looks like they are spaced well. As long as you rotate the containers regularly there shouldn't be any problems. Good luck

-Funk

Hashit

Your grow is the epitome of heathy MJ! How I wish I could smoke some, but since I haven't in over 25 yrs, I'll just have to wait a few more yrs till retirement. Pitty me.

Anyhow, best of luck (even though it isn't all luck) with your grow.