What's new

Power Kush, Dinafem

master shake

There hasn't been a whole lot of coverage and pics of Power Kush (Skunk#1 x Afghani S1) and not much of Dinafem in general. It would be nice to share pics and get the word out there about my good experience with this wonderful strain. I, sure some of you did as well, received a freebie pack of 5 fem beans of this Power Kush...was back in summer of '10.

This is my second run with her. The first time was 2 seeds sprouted along side some sour bubble. One girl was a super fast bushy vegger, the other was a runt. I had low expectations, mistakenly. As both flowered on I liked them more and more. Sweet skunky fruity smells, very frosty, great yielder (not the runt). The runt was frostier and smelled like sweet ripe blueberries mixed with vomit. The high is quite powerful. After a couple hits a nice sativa dominate feeling hits your head and a feeling of energy rushes the body and mind. And be gotta be careful, she creeps.

Now on my 2nd run, I sprouted 2 more seeds, this time knowing good things should be in store. Again, got one beast and one slower vegger; not as slow as the one in my 1st run. I've been using roots organics soilless mix with dolomite lime and the FloraNova line this time, and what great nutes they are. Supposedly very strong concentrated stuff, but the quick girl was slammin it down. Up to 10ml/gal of the grow and 10-15 of the bloom. The buds are fat and have very nice frost and a strong skunk and tropical smells. Under my 400W I have a momma plant and 4 clones + the runt in a tiny pot that I wish I had upgraded...

Anyway, the pics below are 38 days in 12/12. Tomorrow will be 42. Today I had to go crazy with string tying up almost every branch of the momma plant due to the tops falling over parallel to the floor! I'm thinking I may be able to the hit the 400g mark under this 400 watter. If not at least 300g. More clones and the 1g/w should be no problem.

And if you bothered to read all of this up to here, this may be the best part of the thread... Along with the Power Kush I sprouted 1 seed of Chimera's Dolce Sativa aka sweetest sativa aka Sweet Blue (Sweet Skunk x DJ's True Blueberry male). It turned out to be male and was a very nice specimen, fruity blueberry traits and nice grower. Let him hit up the PK ladies...will see what the future brings!

only good pic from my first run.
picture.php

7 days 12/12
picture.php

picture.php

38d 12/12
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is the runt girl, looks like she may be an Afghan dom pheno?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
good luck this thread might get deleted, im under the assumption this breeder is onthe black list here...

i would just post strain name and leave breeder out (ive been warned a few times)

on another note ive grown this plant a few times, i got the fruity pebbles pheno, she tasted and smelled just like fruity pebble cereal

KanadianKronik

I dont know why there isnt a lot more talk about Dinafem. I got a few of there beans as a freebie last year also, didnt pay much attention and ended up losing the one (Blue Hash) but i got Blue Widow, White Widow, and Diesel, once again i didnt pay much attention to them so they were put in the back of my outdoors plot. I would feed all my other girls and then feed them with what ever was left over. all in all they were neglected, but even after all that, the Diesel had such a strong smell, like you could not label that container and just smell it and know with out a doubt, same go's with the white widow and the blue widow... But the Blue Widow.... One of the best smelling strains i have ever smelt., best outdoor for sure. it was quicker then all my other plants starting to bud about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks before the rest. colorful leaves, BIG, solid buds. Needless to say, Blue Widow is my new fav strain. and Dinafem is my new fav seed breaders.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
breeders/seed vendors that dont sell at the bay/boo

agree blue widow was their best imo

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
my mistake, if gypsy sells dina fem then discuss away, lol...i was under the assumption that they were not sold here, my bad

KanadianKronik

lol i was going to say no one ever said anything about my posts on them, i was also going to say that its fucky if you cant talk about a strain just because they dont sell it... that like saying you didnt buy that from us... then we dont wanna see it or hear about it...
Ill be testing out some other Dinafem Strains this year... Got some Fruit Auto, some Critical Jack Auto, some White Widow, and of course Blue Widow... may have forgotten one.. ill have to check haha after checking i also got some power kush... so ill be keeping a very close eye on this forum now.

K

kippax

nice plants man..I also got a freebie pack of 5 beans back in 2010..very easy plant to grow...mine smelt like piney funky skunky kind of smell

Attachments

• pow kush 5.jpg
    pow kush 5.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 14
  • pow kus 6.jpg
    pow kus 6.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 14
  • pkushbudz 7.jpg
    pkushbudz 7.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 15
  • pow kus 1.jpg
    pow kus 1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 19

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I love my PowerKush. If not my favorite Kush for sure the easiest to grow and fastest to chop. Couple of pics from previous grows under Envirolites.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Proper daytime weed!

BadRabbit

Might be helpful to note that Dinafem openly credits Shanti and Mister Nice seedbank as the source for many of their strains. Shanti has talked about it as well. They obtain good genetics and feminize them to create a version that MNS does not/will not sell (feminized seeds that is).

Not dissin' em. Just sayin

rabbit

master shake

48 days in, being flushed for the last week or so and I'm thinking they will be ready for chop in 1 more.

This is the runt, whom I so wish I transplanted out of the 1/2gal and cloned. But that's ok, she's got some babies beneath some of the calyxs! For the last couple days she has been purpling too, probably from being cooler and getting flushed a little bit too early, can wait to see how she looks next week.
picture.php

Big momma and clones.. My camera's batteries are as good as dead and no spares., so I was kinda rushing with the pics...I will get some better ones before chop.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thanks for stoppin by :yay:

MrMagic

I got 1 as a freebie awhile back.smelled of orange sherbert,very low potency but huge yielder,some bud rot from the flowers just being massive.heres a pic of the plant that i grew out about 2 years ago.
picture.php

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
I love my PowerKush. If not my favorite Kush for sure the easiest to grow and fastest to chop. Couple of pics from previous grows under Envirolites.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Proper daytime weed!

from what i remember power kush is not a REAL kush...in fact it has no kush lines in it at all, so the name is confusing a bit, lol

the genetics are (Afghani x Skunk#1) S1 x (Afghani x Skunk#1)

master shake

from what i remember power kush is not a REAL kush...in fact it has no kush lines in it at all, so the name is confusing a bit, lol

the genetics are (Afghani x Skunk#1) S1 x (Afghani x Skunk#1)

If the Afghani in the cross came form the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan then it most certainly does. If not then it is as "kush" as OG is.

I think the name is just a play on super skunk which is the same cross. Super, Power.. skunk, hindu "kush"

Latest posts

Latest posts