What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have 70K to buy a car

What should I buy? I don't know shit about cars and I've heard lots of people here talk intelligently about cars. So I appreciate your opinions. English is not my first language, sorry if this does not come across well.

I'm a single guy and don't need to haul anything. Safety is important to me, more important than speed etc. I'd love a race car that I can have fun with at the track, but I don't believe in driving fast on city streets. Seems selfish to me to endanger others in this way.

I like the Audi A6, but dunno really about cars. What should I buy?

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Nuther 15k and you can get a GTR from Nissan. It'll dust almost anything on the street, and once you get it on an ACTUAL race track, The cars GPS tells the computer to let it all hang out!

Or you could get a prius and save 75k, your choice.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
What year Boss? I seem to recall G code 302's were less than 300hp

igrowone

Veteran
interesting post in light of the other thread on how to retire early
first thing, back burner the 70k car and stash the cash
that ought to be a good start in the retirement plan

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran

I can find a M5 with 30k miles, for less than 35k.

That means the other 35k should be spent on a 08 Range Rover SC. :tiphat:

Personally...

I would get a GTR.

or I would take 70k and buy 3 cars.

04 E55 AMG for 22k
08 Range Rover SC for 33k
00 Lexus SC 300 for 15k (Built into a sleeper with 700-800 rwhp)

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Re: I have 70K to buy a car

Get a 86 Buick 4 door and spend the rest on something fun! Then you'd have a car and 68k

Latest posts

Latest posts