What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ballast protecton switch popping quite often, please help!

I have a 400w Electronic ballast which is about 3 years old now, which i've used for about 10 cycles. Recently its been popping the protection fuse thing quite often. I have a "Intermatic" outdoor timer (1200watt, 10 amp) which i picked up at the local grow store. I've been coming home and finding my light off alot lately when it should be on, and having the protection button popped out of the ballast. I push the button to reset it, and it comes on no problem. does this mean its a problem with the timer???
I usually never around when the lights are supposed to come on, so cant observe the start up.

Im also running a Hortilux 400w HPS which i've done about 7 grows on, and still having great results with, so havnt thought about changing it.

I just cant figure it out, b/c it doesnt happen every day, just some days.
Any advice would be appreciated.