What's new

any one watch "sons of guns"???

NOKUY

Veteran
seems like there are 'reality shows' on just about everything ...most suck

'sons of guns' is well done and they do some really badass shit.

mostly custom firearms ....and not shit that u can hack together in the garage

...prolly gonna actually start checking out some gunsmith programs....id love to do the shit they do

:tiphat:

Sons-Of-Guns-Discovery-Channel.jpg

I

Iron_Lion

I really hate to admit liking one of these "docu-drama's" but that guy can make some amazing guns, he made some assualt rifle style shot gun that is truly badass or even the supressed Ak-47 he made was fuckin awesome.

MIway

Veteran
Yeah... i have to admit to watching the series... it is pretty damn cool! ;-)

Was a bit shocked that so much money can be made custom gunsmithing... and that private overseas security firms are requesting so much shit... makes me wonder what they are really doing over there. Where do we deploy small boats with dual barreled fully automatic weapons, with private outfits? Wheres & whats they doing?

supermanlives

Veteran
yes and i now want an 1000 yard ak. i talked to my gunsmith last week. he is cool , smokes weed and customises anything but discreetly

NOKUY

Veteran
i knew sum peeps here would be feelin' that show....we just got tivo, so i can finally catch up on the older episodes.....

were usually watching yo-gaba-gaba when its on ...lol (life w/ a 10month old)

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Used to be one of the top gun smithing school was in Colorado Springs, community college if I remember, was thinking about that back in the 70s had a friend that had gone though the school. He started out by making his gun smithing tools before you start any gun work.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't watch TV, but they were featured in last month's American Rifleman, looked pretty cool. Lassen College in Susanville, Ca. used to have a good gunsmithing program, don't know if it is still active.

G

Guest 150314

I like this show also.

Some of it seems a bit strange to me though, like when they remake the tommy gun for the swat team are they actually going to order a significant amount of these for them or is it just a one time thing.

And that watercooled double M16 on the boat, why not just use a heavy machine gun. Nonetheless its pretty entertaining..

supermanlives

Veteran
I like this show also.

Some of it seems a bit strange to me though, like when they remake the tommy gun for the swat team are they actually going to order a significant amount of these for them or is it just a one time thing.

And that watercooled double M16 on the boat, why not just use a heavy machine gun. Nonetheless its pretty entertaining..
i didnt see the tommy gun rebuild but the m16 shotgun was sweet. the master key gun.

MIway

Veteran
Can you go to any gunsmith to snag a silencer? Thought that was a universal no-no.