What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

questions about breeding and seed companies

hortabud

I have a question about seed companies.. when these places sell f1 hybrids.. take magnus and sensi.. have they been using the same parents for all of these years or do they take a warlock male and female and just make seeds from that? I find all the breeding and old seed companies interesting. what are some IBL the some of these old companies offer? thanks

nobull56

ICMag Donor
IMHO, they just mix two sibs & thats what they call f1.

In school I was told one landrace crossed to a differant landrace was a f1 hybread & if that progany was bread to a third landrace it was a f2 (f1 & f2 was for highbreed viggir). I think that reading Mendel's work & the numbering system (i.e. P1, p1, F1, f1) got a lot of stoned peps to use unstable brother & sister crosses has f1.

IBL should be daughter X father1=daughter2, then daughter2 X father1...till daughter7 X father1 (minimum 7X with ALL unwanted trates culled) or mother1 X son1 to son7 same way. If this is done then 90%+ of all (now stable) brother X sister crosses will be the same with little or no sports (wild childs) showing up.

The only way you can tell for sure that the seed companies are using IBL for there f1's is by growing them & breeding their young with little or no sports.

Latest posts

Latest posts