What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fellow Bikers I welcome you to the IC mag Automotive forum

DemonTrich

Veteran
Iused to own a 97 f3600 cbr and it was a slow ass turd compared to my 2004 cbr 1000rr, 2001 gsxr 600 track bike, 2007 gsxr 600 fully race prepped track bikes. Even with a sprocket change, that f3 won't keep up with much. I have 15yrs experience riding, and 8yrs track riding/racing. By track, I'm talking about circuit tracks, not 1/4 mile. Anyone can do 130mph in a straight line, try that shit in the twisties and see what happens.

N

noyd666

postie around here on his Honda delivers the mail at about 130mph lol. like up in the air every where.

mayorofthdesert

I've rarely been without a bike since I turned 18. Present main ride is a Kaw ZRX1200, also have some vintage projects, a few Kaw triples & a norton commando done up cafe style. Also this neat little suzuki T125, a horizonal twin two stroke.

MTNMEN

Roda ducati through a mountain pass acouple times, idk how you guys get used to your knee teasing the asphalt like that man but much respect!
I grew up around harleys, trust me i had no choice lmao!

Attachments

• laval warriors.jpg
    laval warriors.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 24
  • weirs.jpg
    weirs.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 26

jesbuds

I hate loud pipes,I've seen people almost hit with loud pipes,so I guess it didn't help.I think it's pretty rude to be waking people up with this loud crap.

The only thing a loud pipe makes me want to do is hit you,not with my car.I wouldn't actually hit someone.

I will say this though,if it saves one life,it's worth it.

Loud pipes aren't going to stop anyone from hitting you but might get them to notice you. If you've never ridden you do not know the healthy fear for cars that is necessary, the majority of the time drivers in cars DO NOT SEE US.

My only bike accident has been due to a lady making a left turn in front of me on a 65mph highway, maybe if I had modulated headlight she would have seen me, maybe not but those little measures do help. You seem like the kind of person that would see a modulated headlight and complain about it hurting your eyes.

Also, even with loud pipes you can keep your RPMs low to have a very moderate noise, I hardly go above idle when entering/leaving my apartment. I know guys that would coast into their driveways to not wake their neighbors...

And if you're planning on hitting a biker....I know many that carry weapons with them (not just leather wearing, club harley riders)...so think that one through thoroughly first...

DemonTrich

Veteran
Some of my club rides with big ass nuts and bolts in their jacket pockets. I've broken side view mirrors on occasion of being ran off the road by texting ass clowns.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I have 15yrs experience riding, and 8yrs track riding/racing. By track, I'm talking about circuit tracks, not 1/4 mile. Anyone can do 130mph in a straight line, try that shit in the twisties and see what happens.

So you race motorcycles ... what's your best time for Oliver's Mount or the Brands Indy circuit?

How do like the new areas of surfacing at Brands?

N

noyd666

over 1000 to enter one bike? love the sound of these old bikes.
picture.php

Last edited:
So you race motorcycles ... what's your best time for Oliver's Mount or the Brands Indy circuit?

How do like the new areas of surfacing at Brands?

Hey Bush doc ....thanks for the help at Thruxton setting up the FP4, just a few psi made such a difference once we'd got the suspension working properly, appreciate the time you spent .....and no you can't borrow the bike for Armoy

noyd ....my Dad used to race a 350 and 500 Manx, his uncle won the first post WW2 race for Norton ... a 350 plunger that used to sit in his garage, the Castrol R had set like a glaze over it

Brother Nature

Lots of us could substitute the bike not starting with our plants not growing too. :biggrin:

Attachments

• bikes - Copy.jpg
    bikes - Copy.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 22

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's my Triumph Bonneville

Hope the UK's Northwest dries up a bit in the weeks to come...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
ha, Castrol lovely smell.

I never saw this thread until today..

I'm not a motor head, but I can appreciate the guys who build nice cars and bikes...

And Castrol; been using it in my rides for 40 years now...
Never saw any good reason to change!

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Here's my Triumph Bonneville
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71351&pictureid=1718543View Image
Hope the UK's Northwest dries up a bit in the weeks to come...

How do you find it ??

I had a Street Cup for a few days while the dealer fixed up my super retard, it was quite limited, but totally safe within how it rode.. if that makes sense, it clearly was not up for wild direction changes on a sixpence, late braking, big lean angles, zero wheelies, endos, skids, nada, but still a really satisfying ride.

My loaner died after a few days, some engine sensor error probably but I suprised myself with how much I liked it, impressive product from Triumph

Latest posts

Latest posts