What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motorcycles

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
oh my chicken strips don't exist, if you have one your not pushing hard enough

burnt out og'er
Veteran
oldpink said:
oh my chicken strips don't exist, if you have one your not pushing hard enough

right on oldpink, scuff it to the edges and let it drift... :rasta:

E

EatShitake

bluebublelove said:
98 - klr650 - dual sport

any other dual sport riders out there??

Nice bike! I had an old XL650 D/S but that was many moons ago. I've been thinking of modding my YZ with a stator and dual sport kit and use as my commuter. I only live 5 miles from my office and my bigass truck kills at the gas pump. Not so bad now, but the $4+ gas sucked.

Have you done any extensive touring on the klr? Like a trip that's a couple few hundred miles one way? If so, how do you like it? Is it fatigueing or are you pretty comfy?

Happy and safe riding!

:joint: :joint: :joint:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
42896wr_supermoto.jpg

EatShitake said:
and turn it into an old school cafe racer a little like this:

:joint: :joint: :joint:

shiiiiiiiit, i just saw one of those today and though "damn, she's pretty enough to cheat with..." Damn, i love old bikes like that. Actually.... i want to get a mid 20th century motorcycle. or maybe a new replica Indian scout.

Blue_adept

My particular stable is somewhat unique, but i will say it includes some very classic british iron, and vintage hondas(of the cafe variety). Theres no better feeling than carving up the twisty's on something you assembled from tiny bits :)

BA

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
i think takin lessons is something i may do in the near future. have always wanted to ride but never learned. love the crotchrockets!! the most ill do is cruise around, but just in case i wanna let loose, i wanna be able too.

i saw a rider in the a tunnel once and thought it was strange that he was slowing down in his lane since it was the faster lane. teh next thing i knew, he came flyin past me and i was fuckin screamin' wishin that were me!!! he gave himself the distance he needed to let let loose and lord did he!!! it was the best, and ive alwasy wanted to do that. it just looked so "freeing", cuttin loose, for that one moment in time you just say "the hell with it all" and let 'er rip.

yeah one day, one day soon

zlock

I've got a 1200N Sportster, my first bike and I love it! And I hated taking that motorcycle safety course.

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
you started riding on a 1200?? impressive what was that like?

update: got myself a second job, should have a bike soon :]

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
irish-glad to hear you took a motorcycle safety course. i think it should be mandatory for all new riders.
-now, im a harley guy, but i love all motorcycles. when i was in college, i couldnt afford a harley, i had a shadow 1100. it was a great little cruiser. very reliable, handled great, everything its supposed to be. i even had a yamaha. i won a vmax in a poker game in the army(funnest metric 'cruiser' in history!)
--as far as a good bike to start on, i think you are making a good choice, but understand, what is a "good" bike to start on is entirely dependant on what YOU feel comfortable on. 100%. ive been in the industry for a decade, and ive been riding on the street since i was 15 years old. every week i see people getting on hd roadkings, or dynas, softails, even ultra classics(all full size harleys) as thier FIRST bike. not all, but some. if you can handle a 600cc cruiser as a first bike, you can handle a 1584 cc cruiser. as long as you are not dealing with some sort of physical limitation anyways.
--sport bikes can be a different story, some of these bikes have insane amounts of power and torque and a new rider can get in troublesome situations in the blink of an eye. if you ride strictly for performance, you cannot possibly have more fun on wheels than on a sportbike! these i def. recomend starting with one of the smaller models(you know, the ones with LESS than 150 HP! lol) and working your way up, if needed.
--over the years i have seen SO MANY people buy a bike to 'start on' and end up taking a BEATING on trade in or resale weeks or months after making initial purchase.
--not trying to sell you on a harley either. lol. doesnt matter what brand. if you have the confidence, you ride within your limits, and continue to educate yourself, you are doing it right! my advice is get the bike you are dreaming of, regardless of size. enjoy the road and welcome to the biking world.....sub

Last edited:
I

icon

ive been riding dirtbikes for most of my life & been riding street for 5 years. Started on a 97' honda shadow 600 for 2 1/2 years then upgraded to a 03' kawasaki 636 ninja.I had a yoshimura rs-3 carbon fiber exhaust & power commander & dunlop 208 tires. I had an accident with a car on it in 04' the car won i sled & tumbled over 115 feet, it hurt. I wear Joe Rocket gear & a Shoei helmet.
I called my bike the Red Dragon.Hope to get the new 09' zx6r hopefully next year.

I had a klx110 with pro curcuit pipe ,works suspension (rear) ,uni air filter & after market plastics.

The Red Dragon
Before (stock)

After

C

CTSV

I don't even like bikes ( I am a car guy), but I still would love to own a Ducati.

Latest posts

Latest posts