What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shoreline

Fire

919Shoreline-56days.jpg

STRAIN GROW/SMOKE REPORT
Shoreline - Clone only

Lineage: =
Resingrower said:
Anyway it goes like this: Bagseed was found from the Shoreline Amp in 89-90, seeds were grown out, a mother selected and this was the strongest thing this group had seen so it was kept {strange ropey growth characteristics, hardcore dank garlic skunk odor and more than just an Indica but an all out head and body high similar to O.G. or Hash plant}. These intelligent and educated growers before phasing out of growing, crossed this Mother with a Male NL#2 (Oasis)and these seeds were given to me. In 97 I grew out about 75 of these seeds and came up 2 great females and one incredible male covered with trichomes. The Male was crossed with my prized N.L. #5 and a clone was selected from about 35 females that were grown out. This is the only representation of the original genetics that is left as far as I know... my original sets of seeds were lost and or confiscated. I am glad it flourishes as it does B/C I was never a strain hoarder.
Indoor Flower period: = should go at least 60 + days
Plant Size/Structure: = short & bushy
Ease of Growing: (1=hard 10=easy) = 09
Ease of Cloning: (1=hard 10=easy) = 09
Nutrient Uptake: (1=low feeder 10=heavy feeder) = 05
Odor/Smell Level: (1=low 10=stink) = 10!
Yield: (1=low 10=high) = 05

Grow Method

- 1st Run - SOIL
Lighting: Veg = 1000 watt Hortilux Blue Metal Halide; Flower = 600 watt Hortilux Super HPS's
Medium: Foxfarm Ocean Forrest Potting Soil + Foxfarm Chunky Perlite
Base Nutrients: Pureblend Pro Vegative, Pureblend Pro Fruit & Flower Soil + Botanicare CalMag
Additives/Suppliments: Botanicare Sweet, Botanicare Liquid Karma, Botanicare Hydroguard, Hygrozyme

Notes: fed with Tap Water (300ppm) - started feeding nutes @ 600ppm in mid/late veg every other watering - fed with nutes every watering starting @ week 3 of flower - worked my way up - max 1300ppm - 6.3-6.6ph (ph adjusted and checked runoff every watering). I went ahead and flowered 3 moms I had in 7 gallon pots for my first run. They seemed a bit suffocated (droopy) root bound? not enough perlite maybe? I kept the ppm way low from fear of burning which led to some starvation. Shoreline is an average to light feeder, however likes some extra calmag (well calmag solved some of my deficiencies). I really did her no justice 1st run.

- 2nd Run - HYDROPONIC EBB & FLOW
Lighting: 600 watt Hortilux Super HPS
Medium: 15 x 5 inch netpots in Hydroton, per 3 x 3 americanagritech/Botanicare ECONOJET Ebb & Flow Tray w/ Bench & 40 gallon Reservoir **
Base Nutrients: 3 Separate trays (1-FoxFarm Tiger Bloom + Big Bloom, 2-GH FloraNova Bloom, 3-PureBlend Pro Fruit&Flower + Soil Bloom + CalMag + Hydroguard)
Additives/Suppliments: Hygrozyme, General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom

Notes: fed with Tap Water (300ppm) - started day 1 @ 550ppm (300ppm tap/250ppm nutes) @ 5.5pH - 1 week veg - bumped up 50 ppm's every week. Exact same room Environment (temp/RH) as 1st run. Buds/Leaves in Hydro are way more sativa looking then compaired to soil. Why is this?

Eye Appeal: (1=ugly 10=bomb) = 09
Bud Density: (1=airy 10=rock hard/thick) = 09
Trichome Coverage: (0=none 10=extreme) = 9.5

- Dried Bud Scent/Smell = Gasoline/Fuel, Paint Thinner, Skunk, Citrus, Sour, Fruity, Onions, Burnt Rubber-bands, Meat

- Smoke Flavor/Taste = Skunk, Citrus, Dank, Spicy

- High Description: Powerful, Calm, Relaxing, Racey, Strong Sativa qualities with a bit of Couch-lock, Can't move

Flavor Scale: (1=bland 10=flavor country!) = 07
Smoothness: (1=harsh 10=smooth) = 04
Onset Effect: (1=immediate 10=creeper) = 04
Duration: (1=short 10=long) = 06
Motivation Factor: (1=lazy downer 10=motivational upper) = 04
Indica/Sativa ratio guess? = 30/70
Potency: (1=low 10=high) = 08
Tolerance Buildup: (1=slow 10=fast) = 08
Overall Satisfaction: (1=sucks 10=best/top) = 08

Final Comments: Shoreline is found throughout Texas. The yield is average to low with my last 2 runs. Grows quite easily and can be chopped @ 9 weeks. In late flower it has a very "Strong Odor!" (Warning) Definitely one of the 'Better' smokes I've had up to date, a true "Skunk". A roadkill skunk? No, more like gasoline and skunk.

SOIL - FoxFarm Ocean Forrest

HYDRO - ebb&flow

day 3, day 14, day 15, day 55

1-FoxFarm, 2-GH FloraNova, 3, PureBlend Pro

....dry pics a few posts down, thanks for looking :yes:

Last edited:
G

Lookin great, youre going to enjoy some stanky flavorful nugs shortly. Funny thing is I was just about to update my old thread on shore with 1 month cured shots. Good grow and report. peace

G

looks fantastic no laughing here...great job my first grow was crap...peace

70s_PotHead

Why would someone laugh at that plant :confused: , great job, enjoy the smoke :canabis:

70s :joint:

Shoreline is one of the best strains i've ever smoked!!! lookin good. I'm huntin hard tryin to find Shoreline clones. good work on those girls, they're lookin good!

one looks more hazy and foxtail calyx style than the other more dense chunky nugger, the buds both look excellent, well done. Thank you for putting the pics side by side, and taking the time to label them, makes for a good comparison.

From the pics id like to smoke the soil, flora nova, pure blend, then fox farm, in that order.
The fox farms do look extra nice and healthy though.

Was the feeding schedule the same as what is recommended on each bottle or a custom one?

How was the smoke from each sample? I have had the best results with PBP making nice white ash over the others listed, but I havent done as much of a controlled test as you appear to have done.

Any nutrient easier to use (ph fluctuation, initial adjustments, def/locksouts, etc) or any ya have a pref to after doing a side by side?

awesome report, i like ya style, have a good one
-stb

edit: even though the temp and the RH are the same in the room, your feeding/irrigation schedule prolly changed somewhat going from soil to hydro e/f setup, the change in transpiration rate might account for the more hydro-hazy/sativa lookin buds from the hydro grow. Were your lights too close to the tops at some point or had the temps get up a bit? usually when the temps get too high or the lights get too close (esp around the 3-5th week) the plants will grow more fingery buds in an effort to try to cool the plant temp down.

Last edited:

Fire

Thanks Sauron for the very helpful analysis and kind comments :wave:

Was the feeding schedule the same as what is recommended on each bottle or a custom one?

- I went with the recommended feeding schedules listed on their websites or catalogs, but by ppm's only not tsp/tbsp per gal. starting day 1 @ 550 ppm (300 tap + 250 nutes) going up 50 ppm every time I had to add water, or by what the plants could take.

FoxFarm tray=TigerBloom+Big Bloom; GH FloraNova tray=Bloom; PBP tray=Fruit&Flower+CalMag for 3 weeks then Bloom Soil formula + CalMag

How was the smoke from each sample? I have had the best results with PBP making nice white ash over the others listed, but I havent done as much of a controlled test as you appear to have done.

- still waiting on a good cure and will report back asap! + some dry pics :wink: I will say that the PBP tray had a little more aroma over the rest.

Any nutrient easier to use (ph fluctuation, initial adjustments, def/locksouts, etc) or any ya have a pref to after doing a side by side?

- Great question :smile: Yea! They were all different. The FoxFarm tray's pH would always drop and had to be watched closely. GH FloraNova was very easy as it was just 1 bottle and no issues at all. PBP had a lockout midway through flowering and I had to do a flush but kicked right back with a vengence. I'll report back with full details soon...

even though the temp and the RH are the same in the room, your feeding/irrigation schedule prolly changed somewhat going from soil to hydro e/f setup, the change in transpiration rate might account for the more hydro-hazy/sativa lookin buds from the hydro grow. Were your lights too close to the tops at some point or had the temps get up a bit? usually when the temps get too high or the lights get too close (esp around the 3-5th week) the plants will grow more fingery buds in an effort to try to cool the plant temp down.

- That's exactly what's going on! :smile: my lights were a bit close from 2 weeks on to 6 now that I think about it and my res temps were in the low 80's plus maybe some minor light leaks :nono: It was pretty warm in there ... I'll iron out those details for sure ... thanks for pointing it out and explaining it SauronBlue

:yes: :yes:

SBP

going back to cali... to cali

going back to cali... to cali

yeah, been here in socal for the past week, smoked half an OZ of medicinal kush to my face and must admit, SHORELINE is the SHIZNIZ!!!!

get@urboy
Mr. Burns

Fire

A 7 day Veg and 56 days of Flower dried out to be a bit over 3 Lb's with 4 x 600's for me. Yields were a bit dissapointing that round, but I'm looking forward to getting it better :wink: Finally got some dry shots....

PureBlend Pro
919Shoreline-PBP-Ebb_Flo.jpg

FoxFarm
919Shoreline-FoxFarm-Ebb_Flo.jpg

GH FloraNova
919Shoreline-FloraNova-Ebb_Flo.jpg

:canabis:

Last edited:

guineapig

Veteran
Fantastic thread!!!:woohoo:

I love all the nutrient comparisons and the obvious care and attention that you put into your work.....really healthy plants!!!!!

Look forward to your posts, Fire....:joint:....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts