What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grafting?

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I'm gonna go graft some weed onto my tomatoes.

I'll take pics and post them later.

And if you're about to post some shit saying it won't work.... STOP, I don't care, I'm gonna do it.

Peace

Give it hell! :D but I think the plant has to be a bit more similar in structure for it to work

I know for a fact that cannabis and Hops can be grafted together, so why not try more cross species grafting :dance013:

dieselbyrd

Hey Canniwhatsis i remember your thread on the other site lol u didnt do too bad on the success rates. Is the Blueberry base mom still alive?

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by Dieselbyrd, Yep, the mom is still kickin,..... tossed the early evolution pics up just a few posts up on this page! :laughing:

My current grafted flowering experiment is wrapping up week 1 of flower today, she's still stretching into the screen and will get another training session before it's said and done.

I'll get some pics of her later today, when I find the camera and my green light (lights are off ATM)

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Top hole!

Top hole!

Dang! C. W.

Where was this thread last week?!

I had a dwc gal with healthy roots that got tossed on da chop.

Hmmm,
I happen to have a Jack Herrer teeniebopper with bad feet, that I'd like to rescue.
Hmmmm, what to do?
:D :D :D

'Bout to finish harvesting a DWC Rodneys kid with huge, 4 gallon, feet.
I think li'l Jackie jus' found a suitable root donor, yah? :D :D
Beeg mahalo nui fo' da inspiration brah:thank you:

Aloha nui, bunches:)
Weeze

This oughta be a fun one....

Canni....all your stuff is still in veg...yeah?

Weeze, your root donor is outdoors in flower...Si?

So many interesting variables!

The biggest temptation that I see is to put you way over count in the mother cabinet. :D

Good work Canni....it'll be fun to follow along. :wave:

HMR

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Wow, awesome thread Cann, should definitely end up with some crazy results. I was actually just thinking about the possibility of cannabis grafting a few days ago lol, would love to give it a try with even just fruit or different apples. Best of luck!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really interesting thread Cann.I will follow this for sure.

:wave:

btw....for the few things I know on the subject,mj can't be grafted on a different plant,the only one could works should be hop plant, taxonomically similar to mj.Anyone know something more?

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Aino sked.

Aino sked.

This oughta be a fun one....

Canni....all your stuff is still in veg...yeah?

Weeze, your root donor is outdoors in flower...Si?

Yes!
Deep flower, almost done.

The potential body-donor is just entering puberty.
That's what I find exciting 'bout dis 'speriment
If the graft takes, I will be tickled blue.

So many interesting variables!

Then the real fun begins.
Auxins, floragens, mobile nutrients, acne, etc.
Let the battle begin!
Care to make book on which hormones will prevail?
:)

The biggest temptation that I see is to put you way over count in the mother cabinet. :D

Quit the contrary!
Wanting variety is what tempts me to exceed my count now!

I see a brilliant future here.
4 rootballs with 4 grafted strains each, is 16 strains of mother plant.
But, will only count as 4 plants!

I only plan on perhaps, six "keeper" strains because I'm not that good a juggler, and some grafts will fail, and bad shit will happen.
That leaves a little room for trying new crosses too.

:shucks:Shucks sonny-boy, us gypsy farmers expects a little trouble,:shooty: Yah?
All kine adventures in the offing here.

Good work Canni....it'll be fun to follow along. :wave:

HMR

Even more fun to play along!
Mahalo, C.W.

Wee (what no got no Wii), 'zard

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I am so loven this as medical mothers. In a state where numbers are the game? This is how to play IMHO

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Thanks everyone for the compliments, bear in mind I'm not the first to try this stuff, and in all reality I'm just a schmuck with a green thumb and some dumb luck who's hacking away at this growing my own stuff as best as I can.

It's been brought to my attention that perhaps the Grow Logs aren't the best location for this thread, However it's intended to track my first flowering experiment from late in vege to completion of flower in about 8 more weeks.

That being said, I've got no new pics since the F'n camera's batteries are dead. :frown:

Pics will have to wait until tomorrow more than likely, Everyone have a safe and fun 4th!!!! :wave:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
:wallbash:

Found the stock of batteries,.... put "fresh" batteries in the camera,..... it wouldn't even turn on!!!! I could view the card, (better than the other batteries) but nothing else.

Suffice to say things are looking good, plant is pretty much done with stretch, and I'm pretty much done with training her to the screen. From where she's at I'm gonna just let the cola's go UP!:blowbubbles:

M

MonoTony

i take a seat
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Been done

Been done

I had a thread on this a long time ago, and I think at least 1 guy met with success.
Key is to attach the two plants together while they are still attached to their own roots.
After they graft, the grafts can be separated from their roots.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a thread on this a long time ago, and I think at least 1 guy met with success.
Key is to attach the two plants together while they are still attached to their own roots.
After they graft, the grafts can be separated from their roots.

This is one more way to make 2 strains on one root mass,but it's different and safer,because transpiration would not be an issue in this case ;)
It's a pretty common technique used for other kind of plants btw,never seen on a ganja plant.

T

TurboFish

This is one more way to make 2 strains on one root mass,but it's different and safer,because transpiration would not be an issue in this case ;)
It's a pretty common technique used for other kind of plants btw,never seen on a ganja plant.

for people who don't under stand this, one of the grafts can be separated from their own roots, but not both. this technique is easier when you grow strains very close together in say a tub or bin or and you slice a flat portion of the sidewall off the side of the stem either at the bottom or midway up both plants and push together the 2 stems together, wrap in grafting tape of a twistie tie AFTER you put clonex gel between the 2 sealing out any air and protecting it from infection. you can then go onto grafting another plant in the tub or bin after the first one heals. cutting the graftee away from its roots. after all desirable grafts have been made, you can pull the main plant from the tub and cut away a portion of its roots and replant so you dont have one giant tub of dead roots with one live plant competing for space. Grafting is one of the best things for personal stash growers. you can effectively have one or a couple plants with tens or even hundreds of different strains on one plant, without going over plant limits. just get the brass plant tags with the wire you can stencile the strain name onto and twist around the grafted branch so you have a permanent non rusting tag. You can obtain these on amazon, along with the grafting tape.

Latest posts

Latest posts