What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making Hashish = Life in Prison?

AGBeer

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20110420_336_0_OKLAHO247887

OKLAHOMA CITY — Converting marijuana to hashish could land Oklahomans a life prison sentence under a bill approved in the Oklahoma Senate.

The Senate voted 44-2 for the bill on Wednesday, which now heads to the House for final consideration.

The bill was requested by the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs, which said the state has seen few cases of hash manufacturing in Oklahoma.

OBNDD spokesman Mark Woodward said the goal of the bill is to "send a message" that illegal drugs won't be tolerated in Oklahoma.

Conviction of a first offense of cooking hashish would result in a prison sentence from two years to life in prison. Sentences would be doubled under a second offense, and those convicted would not be eligible for a suspended sentence or probation.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20110420_336_0_OKLAHO247887

gertnaerd

"cooking hashish" =producing hash?
or does it mean for edibles...then it makes no sense...anyway there is no sense in this....
thx

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Good lord, I make pounds of concentrated honey oil every month. I wonder if they would just execute me on the spot?

Fuck Oklahoma, and my condolences for any of you stuck there.

BongRipkenJR.

This is the definition of stupidity. You can probably smoke meth there and have a lot better chance of freedom. I think they are just afraid of the ideologies behind cannabis. A tweaker over there is probably still a republican and potential vote. The midwest would be so much better with some accessible medicinal grade cannabis.

Sour Deez

Why do they call it "cooking hash"..whenever i made hash i never cooked it.

Dont they use the term "cooking" when referring to meth labs also? I hope they arent trying to scare people into thinking making hash is dangerous and/or that hash itself is dangerous.

The dumb stoner stereotype still incapacitates our discourse on the national stage.

Yet almost across-the-board, states known for their poor education systems and low iq populous (Hi, Florida!, et al) have the harshest cannabis laws, and the most educated states have the most leniant pot laws.

Can someone in media make note of this delicious bit of irony?

Imagine what would happen in a redneck state if a "colored" was arrested for making hash, and inside the home they found biology textbooks and an atheist T-shirt.

They would butt-rape him to death with an Old Testament. I don't even know what that means, but they'd do it.

Imagine what would happen in a redneck state if a "colored" was arrested for making hash, and inside the home they found biology textbooks and an atheist T-shirt.

They would butt-rape him to death with an Old Testament. I don't even know what that means, but they'd do it.

what would happen in a redneck state? Laws are laws man, this isn't the 20's. Oklahoma is worse than any state regarding hash. Now if it were a murder accusation black killer vs white and they found biology books and atheist shirt, then, yeah good luck at trial.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Welp...guess I know where I will never go!! They would just stuff a grenade up my ass and blow me up for the amount of hash I smoke!! Shit, I made a half pound this month alone!!
Glad I'm covered by 215!!:nanana:

It is like this in many states in states it would be considered Manufactering a Controled S....... Samething as Meth! So if your posess it instant arrest also! I am in a decrim state and hash is bad news! So when they start figuring out what bubbags or why do you have all these empty butane cans! Be very very very careful! Bullshit Laws!!!!!

midgethorse

Lol you said "colored"
:laughing:
Fuckin guy...

I think my grandma still says that word...

Midg

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran

I've seen it done before, it involves heavy paper rolling.