What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red Cross

McDank8O5

This is something I have been going back and forth about since last season. For all of the outdoor growers in MMJ friendly states I am looking for your opinion on putting out red crosses for choppers to spot. In my area ( Santa Barbara County, California) I got flown semi heavily last season but never got checked up on. Half of me knows that I will be flown and they will see the plants regardless, and I'm all for proving my legality as I have nothing to hide, I just fear putting out a red cross is a, billboard, of sorts for the leos flying over.

Basically looking for any input...good idea??? bad idea???

WayOutHere

I had a neighbor that used to fly a Red Cross. He only took it down because it was so tattered after several seasons. I feel like it is more low key to have your papers on a piece of plywood with a reasonable sized Red Cross Painted onto the plywood next to your papers. and the maybe tilt it at an angle. So you are not flying a standout looking flag. But still have the cross. I feel it wont make you stand out as much but they will still see the cross and although they wouldnt be able to read the papers, they will see them next to the painted cross on the plywood and move on.

W

wiseone

Not in a MMJ state so I don't understand the whole thing esp. in Cali. But, I would be worried about the fed's seeing that beacon flying instead of the locals. Most forget that your only 'legal' in the eyes of the medical state you reside in, not in Uncle Sams.

feenom

My first year out here was 3 seasons ago. We got flown and then the next day they stopped by. Said they saw no recs or no red cross so they came over. The OK'd us and said had they seen the papers/cross they wouldn't have stopped. I dunno what the call is but I fly a 4x8 plywood red cross now.

McDank8O5

I'm leaning more towards the side that putting up a red cross would be more a billboard to the leos to look here!!

Now that the season is officially underway, can I get some fresh thoughts on this issue?

bump

G

guest8905

red cross on the ground in your garden only viewable from sky, you dont want a flag flying telling every one in the neighborhood, just a nice sized medi cross for the choppers to see

i think its a safe thing to do

IKILL3RI

Lol why do people this days worry so much if you really legal then theirs nothing to worry about, I get fly-overs at my house 50+ times and shit I just give them my middle finger cuz they shouldn't be violating your privacy, so just give them your middle finger when there so close!!!! But always be prepared and learn your rights!!

McDank8O5

stickky that was the plan, ive never seen a red cross flag before personally.

Trying to be the best prepared I can IKILL3RI, knowing my rights was the first step before I ever started growing my own

thanks for the input