What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chest pain after smoking or vaping :(

bloodlock

Hi there

I have been smoking regularly for the last couple of years, in the last year almost daily. And in the last couple of months I have gotten chest pain after smoking. It feels like some kind of pressure to my chest, around the heart area and below. In the beginning the pressure went away the next day, but recently I have felt it also the day after smoking. I have tried vaping instead, but same problem. Also made some edibles but the problem is still there, but to a lesser extent.

What could this be? :dunno:

I really enjoy getting high and chill out after work, now I am worried that I have to take a break or quit smoking altogether!

Anyone else experienced this?

Btw: I smoke homegrown stuff, proper flushed and cured weed.

any advice would be much appreciated!

Thx in advance...

CaptainTrips

I don't get pain, but smoking, and it seems sometimes especially edibles... I get super congested, hard to breath through the nose... I think maybe ive developed a slight alergy or something. Handling weed, especially fresh/live weed, makes me really itchy too... not really advice but I get adverse reactions from weed I wish werent there too, I just hope it doesn't get worse...

I would begin selectively eliminating different methods of medicating, if you haven't already. After a few weeks of experimenting with only some, then others, you may end up with one method that stands out among the rest as your problem.

It could be that one of your tools of choice is somehow contaminated.. whether it's a bong with impure glass, a low quality metal pipe, or a baking pot or pan.

If nothing helps, and if every time you take a T break, whatever method you first use gives you the same problem, it could be an allergy, or something worse.

You should probably consult a doctor, and tell him generally where you're feeling pain and how often. It's up to you if you choose omit the reason you think you're having the pain (canna), so that he can give you some other options and possibilities before jumping to conclusions. Ultimately, if you're getting no where and the pain persists, full disclosure is usually the best course of action.

D

DiiZZii3

Yea man occasionally i'll expirience the same thing... its almost like ur heart hurts and when u press on it it feels likes its real tender, kinda feels like its bruised altho has nothin to do with your heart it just feels like it. Its beacuse of to much resin and flem building up in your lungs. It will clear up if u tone the smoking down a bit, and give ur lungs a little time to recoperate. I get it when i smoke unfiltered hand rolled cigs for a few weeks. And after smoking weed that shit hurts like a bitch. jus kno give it a few weeks and it should clear up. Happens to me about twice a year and lasts for 1-2 weeks i just lay low on the smoking and it fixes itself. Altho if it doesnt go away i would take BadKittySmiles advice and see a doctor.

M

mugenbao

See your doctor, man. It's worth your time.

See your doctor, man. It's worth your time.

Cannabis increases heart rate for a short period after smoking:

Marijuana and delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) increase heart rate, slightly increase supine blood pressure, and on occasion produce marked orthostatic hypotension. Cardiovascular effects in animals are different, with bradycardia and hypotension the most typical response. Cardiac output increases, and peripheral vascular resistance and maximum exercise performance decrease.
Marijuana's cardiovascular effects are not associated with serious health problems for most young, healthy users, although occasional myocardial infarction, stroke, and other adverse cardiovascular events are reported. Marijuana smoking by people with cardiovascular disease poses health risks because of the consequences of the resulting increased cardiac work, increased catecholamine levels, carboxyhemoglobin, and postural hypotension.
See a doctor. There's generally not much concern about telling a doctor about marijuana, and I've done so with every doctor I've had in the last decade. There are known physiological effects from cannabis that a well-informed doctor can take into account to figure out why you are having chest pain when toking.

Obviously, your top priority is finding out if there are underlying causes that you only notice when smoking or vaping, since cannabis alone isn't likely to be the cause all by itself.

Best of luck, I hope you find your answers!

D

DiiZZii3

Nah man were not talking heart pain or chest pain were talking lung pain. Its shit building up in your lungs faster than ur lungs can recover.

IKILL3RI

Yea man occasionally i'll expirience the same thing... its almost like ur heart hurts and when u press on it it feels likes its real tender, kinda feels like its bruised altho has nothin to do with your heart it just feels like it. Its beacuse of to much resin and flem building up in your lungs. It will clear up if u tone the smoking down a bit, and give ur lungs a little time to recoperate. I get it when i smoke unfiltered hand rolled cigs for a few weeks. And after smoking weed that shit hurts like a bitch. jus kno give it a few weeks and it should clear up. Happens to me about twice a year and lasts for 1-2 weeks i just lay low on the smoking and it fixes itself. Altho if it doesnt go away i would take BadKittySmiles advice and see a doctor.

Couldn't say it better, it happens to me too, but like Diizzii3 said slow down on your smoking, and like in a week you will feel brand new and wanting to smoke again :)

bloodlock

Hi guys and thanks for the advice!

I will give smoking a rest for a week or two, then try to limit it to weekends. I have some G13 Pineapple Express that is finishing up very soon. This time I will watercure it before smoking, hopefully it will be ok by then.

Again, thanks! Will update this thread in a while to let you know the results. Might be others out there that are wondering about this as well...

PEACE! :)

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
this time of year, if i dont add a humidifier to my bedroom, i get all wheezy. This house is old, the HVAC system needs an overhaul, and winter is dry.

A few weeks ago i though i was gonna die, i kept waking my self up with the wheezes.

AbbieDoobie

Also consider changing up your diet. Eat more fresh salads, fruits, and vegetables. Cut down on potatoes, breads, pizza, rich cheeses, and switch to rices and oats. Drink lots of water. Try some red wine occasionally.

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
It very well could be anxiety. If you have had your heart checked out by a doctor(ekg..etc.) it could be that getting high on that particular strain or dose could be causing panic attacks and chest pains.

I would limit the amount you smoke...as you may be indulging just a bit too much. Take a toke...relax see how you feel...repeat the process. Do not take too much at one time..which could be causing your chest pain.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bloodlock sorry to hear of your difficulties. You have received some good advice here. It could be serious if it is your heart so I caution you and advise you see a doctor as well. There are studies showing allergic reactions to cannabis. Many peeps, including me, get pains after smoking. I use tea some, but some strains won't work for me. Good luck and please keep us in your loop...DD

THC123

Veteran
I really enjoy getting high and chill out after work, now I am worried that I have to take a break or quit smoking altogether!

it's very simple , stop smoking

It is the smoke that is fucking your lungs and thus even when you vape you will have pain

Stop smoking and after 2 weeks of vaping your lungs will be clear and minty fresh

btw the best thing now would be to stop smoking and vaping for 2 weeks and then pick up only vaping and maybe smoke an occasional joint on very special occasions(max once per month better never again)

I have also been smoking one to two joints the last month and after 3 weeks i really noticed short of breath and also sometimes pain

i stopped smoking and now i am 100% ok again

i am paying the price for having smoked for so many years

Gooey

yeah ^ true stuff....joints are tough on the lungs...my shit hurts sometimes when i wake up...thought quitting cigs was all str8 but when you smoke 5 joints it still hurts.....volcano...for xmas maybe that will help ya out...hope you feel better

bloodlock

Hi all!

Thanks for all the good advice, it actually makes it easier to not smoke when I hear it from you guys. We only have one body, its stupid not to take good care of it. I have taken a break from both smoking and vaping and I feel better now. I even got laid, hehe.

Will keep you updated on my situation, will probably want to try smoking again in a week or 2.

Peace!