What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is my ISP blocking me from icmag?

I have always just opened up safari (mac user), typed the icmag address and enjoyed the fine community here. Well tonight I get the message "Safari can’t open the page “http://www.icmag.com/ic/” because Safari can’t connect to the server “www.icmag.com”.". This really bugged me out. I went ahead and got opendns and still no icmag. Next I downloaded the tor button for firefox (which I already had). After hitting the tor enabled button I was finally able to view icmag. Since opendns didn't do the trick but tor did my isp must be blocking me from viewing icmag right? I'm so paranoid right now...

M

mugenbao

I had a similar issue with my ISP last week. Couldn't get to IC for two days via direct connection, but Tor worked every time. Since it only lasted two days, it's not likely the ISP was intentionally blocking ICMag, and using tracert showed that there was a network problem down the line from me that was eventually resolved.

It can seem pretty creepy when you see something like this happen, but it's usually no problem to be overly concerned over.

bugler

been happening to me regularly for a week or more. Just happened right before posting this. Refresh 1 to 20 times usually gets it to load. Won't respond to a ping when it won't load either. Probably more of a site help than a security issue...

Green lung

Veteran
Alright let me ask you this have you seen any white vans in your town lately?

For the next few days keep an eye out for white vans and report back.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are some providers that block certain types of sites. The only way to find out is to call them and ask them....

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I have always just opened up safari (mac user), typed the icmag address and enjoyed the fine community here. Well tonight I get the message "Safari can’t open the page “https://www.icmag.com/ic/” because Safari can’t connect to the server “www.icmag.com”.". This really bugged me out. I went ahead and got opendns and still no icmag. Next I downloaded the tor button for firefox (which I already had). After hitting the tor enabled button I was finally able to view icmag. Since opendns didn't do the trick but tor did my isp must be blocking me from viewing icmag right? I'm so paranoid right now...

Sometimes, for whatever reason...firefox seems to keep running when I close it out-- If I get the "Can't connect" msg...I hit "Cntl, Sft, Esc"...close it out...and all is good--
Not sure if this is your prob tho--

gdbud

I had the sme problem last week or was it earlyer this week?
I could not connect to ICMAG and a few other sites untill I reset my router then everything
worked just fine.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
if they block you that means they aren't monitoring you when you go on via TOR

blocking is their way of not being liable in lieu of monitoring and regulating the activity

Latest posts

Latest posts