What's new

Best hash press..?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
looking at the piece maker cause i found kool inlays for the hash to have indented in it. Is a or best hash press? right now im looking at piece maker or cosmic case or one other i cant remember... its all on aqua lab web page....

whats the best in your opinion?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont press your hash until it is at least 3 months cured.

then press it by hand

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
honsolty i may for my own but this is going to the dispensary and atm they dont knwo the difference between cured and non... and i wont get a dollar more for it either... so maybe im greedy but from the hash ive seen this is the best by far lol...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Makin 's Ultimate Clay Extruder
Amazon has it for about $15-17.
35135-1001-3ww-l.jpg

Makin's Ultimate Clay Extruder
This one's built tough with the screw
plunger as opposed to hand pressure.
it's a perfect size to stick a Roosevelt
dime into the bottom for imprinting.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Make your own.

Attachments

• Cannabutton equipment-1.jpg
    Cannabutton equipment-1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 6

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
yeah i got the makin press, and its awesome :joint: there's a huge huge thread on it somewhere around here: "BEST PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER $20" or something along those lines :joint:

ArcticBlast

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would advise letting it sit out for a week to 10 days,before pressing , to be sure all the water is out of it or the med patients are going to be smoking mold.

TexasToker

Makin 's Ultimate Clay Extruder
Amazon has it for about $15-17.
35135-1001-3ww-l.jpg

Makin's Ultimate Clay Extruder
This one's built tough with the screw
plunger as opposed to hand pressure.
it's a perfect size to stick a Roosevelt
dime into the bottom for imprinting.

Bingo.

You can put a dime in the bottom (fits perfect) and your hash looks like a U.S. dime! It works great for rough/green hash too. I have just pressed a bunch of trim in there before and had a green wafer of smoke.

You can get one at your hobby store too!

It all depends how much pressure you want. I used a 1 ton hydraulic jack with a frame and metal mould I welded up. Works as a charm. Jack Puck presses are pretty good, a buddy of mine has used their 6 ton model for a few years and he's happy.

The mold wasn't welded, I simply cut a 2 inch piece of 5" SS pipe and ground the edges of 1 1/4 inch thick metal plate so it would fit as snugly into the pipe as possible. The part I welded was a simple square frame to hold the contraption within. I'm not a welder, just learning on an old mig welder so the welds aren't anything worth taking pics of. The idea is similar to what Grey Wolf has in his pic a few posts above.

C

Chamba

then press it by hand

I agree...if hash requires more than thumb pressure to form into a solid, then that's nature's way of telling you there's too much non-active plant matter mixed in with the trichomes

btw why does "trichome" show up as a spelling mistake?

then press it by hand

I agree...if hash requires more than thumb pressure to form into a solid, then that's nature's way of telling you there's too much non-active plant matter mixed in with the trichomes

I would have to disagree with you Chamba. I've pressed excellent quality kief with a 1 ton press with great results. IMO you don't have to squeeze the crap out of the kief. With a 2 inch mould depth I squeeze loose kief only 50-60% and end up with a very nice puck. Using a steady pressure and a mould (which I warm up in an oven) allows to achieve even compressing force on the trichomes and crushes the outside layer to create a very nice seal. A press allows to achieve uniformity in the end product, which to me, being a victim to OCD, is very important. I wish I had pics to show you, but its temporary out of the question lol

My friend with a 6 ton jack puck press uses pretty average kief so the 6 tons of pressure are needed to keep it together. Although, after a good year's cure the flavor and high are quite nice

C

Chamba

actually, more often than not, I don't usually press my dry sift..I smoke it loose. I find it smokes cooler, burns better and it seems to go a little further (as in the jar of dry sift seems to last longer....maybe that just my imagination because unpressed looks like so much more than pressed?). My thoughts also are - why press it into a solid, then heat and crumble back into little bits again to smoke in your pipe? A tiny little is lost in the pressing and little is lost again bringing it back to a powder form..so why do it? Some say the high is better, but Sam Skunkman smokes his dry sift unpressed..I've tried both ways and unpressed works for me.....although it is fun sometimes to press it into a solid as it's easy to conceal and transport...and you won't lose it by accidentally upending your container of loose dry sift on the carpet if it's all in one solid chunk!

anyway, each to his own, there's no best way, do whatever works best for you!...happy hashing!

Last edited:

AquaLabTech

The Hashish Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Pressing Homemade Hash

Pressing Homemade Hash

then press it by hand

I would say if producing dry sift in a tumbler let your dry sifted hash sit out and breath in a dark, dry, cool climate for at least 5 to 7 days before pressing it. You can use heat and a press

For Water Separated Hash let sit out for at least 7 to 10 days depending on climate before hand or any kind of pressing.

I am not a huge fan of the "cured" flavor, I appreciate a good fresh taste as long as it was separated and processed properly.

Aqua Lab Tech

a year??? i would think that the kief would start to degrade after a few months...am i wrong???

Once pressed and frozen/refrigerated the hash can be stored for a while. I once found a chunk of hash in the bottom of my deep freeze that must have been there at least 20 month, it was pressed and then vacuum packed and was of a very fine quality, The outer shell prevents rapid decomposition of the active compounds as it seals the inside.
I hear you on consumption Chamba. I don't "re-fluff" the hash, rather than that I just take a small piece trough an HMK style bubbler. I actually compared how long 1 oz of kief vs 1 oz of hash would last me, and the kief went 20-25% further.