What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WTF is this kind off a BUG ???

DK2670_01

Hey All

I have a freind who godt some BAD bugs, but I can not se what it is of a kind ???

maby Trips BUT I think they are to big to be Trips ??

nomaad

Veteran
Those are not thrips.. you're right...they are way too big. Can you show a pic of any damage they are causing?

Xhashish

Veteran
This is proberly the best pic i could get of those small bastards

Leaf Damage -

I've got a tip to just try wash them away with the water hose, and that is done now, going back tomorrow to see if somethings new ...

but could be reeealy great to know what this is ...

C

CANNATOPIA

Wholy Crap those things are big & uGLY! Good luck friend Ill be watching & reading trying ta see whaty the hell these things are. lol YUCK bro.

I just did a search for "thrip pics" and those definitely look like many of the pics of thrips in one of their life stages, just bigger. I agree, those look ugly and scary.

It looks like there's a shitload of them on your plants. I think Spinosad works for thrips, and it's not too horrible of stuff, but Pyrethrin spray might also help.

Great pics by the way!

C

CANNATOPIA

I just Googled a bunch & Reread the Growers Bible & I cant find anything that looks like those things. I hope you get this solved man GOOD LUCK!

Xhashish

Veteran
CANNATOPIA - thanks for your research , but still i dont think it's that type, because they are now already bigger than most thrips, and it's still in larval state ..
talked with a gardener, he told me it maybe could be cabbage thrips, but still i think they are 2 big to be those ... but that is what have looked most likely my bugs ..

but still not 100 % sure , maybe i will capture one and deliver it to Agricultural Sciences, it's not that long away from me , and maybe they could tell what it is...

C

CANNATOPIA

That would be Great! I really want ta know what these things are. They also look kinda like a picture of Mellon Thrips too but ive no Idea for sure. I've never seen these before & they are really Big . Wish ya luck bro & let us know what ya find out.

nomaad

Veteran
Hit your soil with predatory nematodes and your canopy with heavy spinosad foliars. no more thrips.

nomaad

Veteran
Strange thing is, thrips leave behind a lot of greasy little black turds all over your leaves...and they usually eat the underside of the leaves, avoiding the silica layer on top.

great pics, by the way.

HOZ

My money is that they're not thrips, they look much bigger and as nomaad said black crap/spots on the leaves. the leaf damage is from the bugs actually eating it?

Xhashish

Veteran
Nomaad - Thanks for your message, I think you're rigth about they not are thrips, cause they dont do the damage thrips normally would ... and i havent seen any eggs on the plant, so im pretty confused here..

HOZ - yes it is, they actually eat the leaves, and like being pointed out before, thrips normally dont do that ..

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Confusing...

Confusing...

Do you notice any white spots on the leaves? Thrips will suck out the plant tissue. I don't think they eat the leaves which is what's confusing me. They really look like the thrips in the first larval stage. I don't know.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Xhashish

Veteran
Do you notice any white spots on the leaves? Thrips will suck out the plant tissue. I don't think they eat the leaves which is what's confusing me. They really look like the thrips in the first larval stage. I don't know.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

No, and that part also confusing me, just like what they look like ..
but havent spot ANYTHING else than the strange larvaes on the plant, eating the leaves.. no white spots, no blach shit from them , and finally no holes through the leave...

nomaad

Veteran
Maj.Cottonmouth: your pic.

6KRKPK0K6KZK2KXKVKMK304K1KLK10PQLS1QZSIKCKVQT0GQO0LKNKLK9K4QV0ZKNK2QWK4Q6K0KPK.jpg

They do look like termites, huh?