What's new

Will you grow in Wasington or California?

J

JackTheGrower

Looks like not only do we have AB390 in California but Washington has HB2401.

Way to go Washington!

So which bill is better?

Do i brag California has a better deal or do I have to eat crow over Washington's freedom?

fatigues

Veteran
Looks like not only do we have AB390 in California but Washington has HB2401.

Way to go Washington!

So which bill is better?

Do i brag California has a better deal or do I have to eat crow over Washington's freedom?

Uhm. None of the above? :)

I'm very partial to the laws of Washington.... D.C., that is, if the ballot initiative is put into place as passed.

In all seriousness, I'd have to go read each very carefully - which I have not yet done. (Washington's Bill looks more thorough at first blush, by the way). I'll get around to it this week and post on it.

johnnyla

Veteran
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/library/dcelections/races/dcq59.htm

woah....sick. i want to move there.

Sec. 7 Residents of the District of Columbia may organize and operate not-for-profit corporations for the purpose of cultivating, purchasing, and distributing marijuana exclusively for the medical use of medical patients who are authorized by this act to obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes. Such corporations shall comply with the District's nonprofit corporation laws. Fees and licenses shall be collected by the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs ("DCRA") in the same manner as other not-for-profit corporations operating in the District of Columbia. The Director of DCRA shall issues such corporations exemptions from the sales tax, use tax, income tax, and other taxes of the District of Columbia in the same manner as other nonprofit corporations.

(b) Within 30 days of the certification of the passage of this act by the people of the District of Columbia, the Mayor of the Distict of Columbia shall deliver a copy of this act to the President and the Congress to express the sense of the people of the District of Columbia that the Federal government must develop a system to distribute marijuana to patients who need it for medical purposes.

nice the mayor of DC has 30 days from implementing to tell Obama the will of the people. fuck yeah.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Uhm. None of the above? :)

I'm very partial to the laws of Washington.... D.C., that is, if the ballot initiative is put into place as passed.

Well, don't count on that. Yesterday I found out that once the DC City Council submits the Initiative for Congress for the mandatory 30 day review it becomes an act of the Council and therefore amendable by them. I'd expect the 'best friend' definition of caregiver to be removed at least. Fortunately, it seems that the Chairman of the Council isn't Bonnie Dumanis in drag. Chairman Gray said there's no reason to wait, and expects to have the Initiative submitted before the end of the year.

J

JackTheGrower

damn i think they are moving fast with this in DC.

There is no use in mucking about with the hater group.

You can't satisfy the Medical Cannabis Hater ever.

I hope D.C. takes solid steps to "Just Do It!" Safe fair rules from the start is the only way..

johnnyla

Veteran
yeah i can't wait to see what they do. their law for non profit dispensarys is written very well.

too bad DC is sooooo cold and far away from the land of SoCal. lot's of money in DC.

Why is it that places with the highest cost of living are the ones that progress faster with cannabis movements? Is it because more intelligent people in mass can afford the higher cost of living, thus a more educated populous pushing these measures?

Nothing better than when a redneck in Podunk, Tennessee waxes on about the loser pot heads living in San Francisco, et al.

T

theJointedOne

dopey i think if you look at the voting demographics of medical friendly areas versus non you would find more blue states are medical, more red states not. Texas is huge but they would never ever have medical....ok maybe not never, I will always have hope for texas! you can look at montana and they are not populated much at all and the cost of living is very very low there. but your right its wierd to see how the medical thing is working out over the years.

Latest posts

Latest posts