What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Girl coco grow

ShowMeGrowmie

Hello everyone.

I am thrilled to start this grow journal. I have a Red Mandarine in flower that has been a joy to grow and I'm excited to give the Gorilla Girl a try.

I invested in quite a few Sweet Seeds recently and I got these as freebies with my order. I was stoked!

7AYItxc.jpg

I "scuffed" the seeds by lightly shaking them in a tube of 320 sandpaper a couple times. Then soaked them in half tap/half reverse osmosis water that was Ph'd to 7.0, for approximately 3 hours. Then sandwiched between single-ply paper towel overnight in a sealed pyrex dish.

The beautiful buds in the background are the Red Mandarine. She smells almost like a synthetic orange candy. Unbelievable plant.

XAEXAtK.jpg

bibi40

Will be a good run here !!!

Happy to see you enter the contest and eager to see what you' ll do with this Gorilla girl .

:tiphat:

ShowMeGrowmie

The next morning I woke up to my first radicle appearing.

FYQW5xS.jpg

The second had emerged the next morning (yesterday)

s48RnLx.jpg

On to the jiffy pellets.

MrFancyPlants

I have some of these and really curious to see how your grow turns out.

Those Red Mandarines look absolutely delicious!

Crowmax

Veteran
Good luck with the Gorilla Girl :wave:
The red mandarines looks awesome! Looks like she is turning color :yummy:

ShowMeGrowmie

17 days since seeds were soaked.

17 days since seeds were soaked.

The seedlings were fully emerged two days after being placed in the jiffy pellets.

bIHhTXT.jpg

17 days since the seeds were soaked and they're growing fast. They're currently in a tray and humidity dome under CFL bulbs, soon to be moved to a 2x4 tent under a Mars Hydro TS1000. They're ready for a bit of breeze and fresh air.

sUgWQN2.jpg

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to the competition!

Nice start. I hope you enjoy growing this great strain ;)

Sweet smokes :tiphat:

tommy

ShowMeGrowmie

The girls got moved to a 2x4' tent. They were showing some signs of over-fertilization so I've backed off on their nutrients a bit. I'm now at ~1.2 EC and they seem to be doing very well.

E36VKOv.jpg

It's hard to tell from this shot but one of them already has some 9-lobed leaves. They're thriving!

vfwApNq.jpg

Im'One

I got one of those and ran it. It was a fast grower and demanded frequent watering. When curing she smelled like fresh roasted cofee. The TASTEt is a nutty flavor. It gets me bombed,,,like stupid high.
I would love to see how your turns out. I'm cloning mine

ShowMeGrowmie

I got one of those and ran it. It was a fast grower and demanded frequent watering. When curing she smelled like fresh roasted cofee. The TASTEt is a nutty flavor. It gets me bombed,,,like stupid high.
I would love to see how your turns out. I'm cloning mine

Oh man. I'm happy to hear that. I'm very much looking forward to finishing this grow out.

I've got one of their Red Mandarines that's got a few weeks left and it's just amazing smelling, looking, growing, everything.

Im'One

I was hanging them in my spare bathroom and was blown away at the smell. It was like walking in to the coffee aisle at a upscale grocery store.

ShowMeGrowmie

They've recently been up-potted, topped and prepped for manifolding.

5lezZqL.jpg

The lankier one on the right has a really stinky stem rub. The one on the left smells unremarkable at this point. Both seem to be doing well after dealing with some slight nutrient issues. I've bumped up the Cal-Nit slightly and have done some cal-mag foliar feeding, which seems to have remedied that.

Latest posts

Latest posts