What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What theck is Montel's Pride strain?

Treevly

It is said to be one of the founding ancestors of Rainbow Kush, but I can find no information about it, none.
Eh?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Montel's Pride is an old Annac strain

Montels' Pride
The base strain I used began with a Oaxacan landrace strain(mexican Sativa) that I have been growing since the late 80's. I took a female and crossed it to a male AK47. I stabilized it by breeding the seeds back to each other. I took those seeds and chose my best male & female from the grow and pollinated again. I repeated the process one more time to Soma's # 10 Lavender. From those seeds I picked a male and female and bred it to each other once more. It is one of the fastest growing sativa/indica that I have ever had the opportunity to work with.
Flowering Time = 59-65+ days.

21793monty2old-thumb.jpg

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=37070

highsteppa

Veteran
Do you have it? I smoked it back in the day
Budluver grew it, it is was good. Wow time fly’s../I think it has nycd in or or I had Monterel x nycd. I miss the days when people actually bred a strain, and put put work in. Now it s just newest elite x newest elite

Treevly

Thanks very much, that's all very interesting. That strain is an ancestor of Rainbow Kush, by the way.