What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Giant plant what to expect

G13Fan

I started seeds in late feb and have a large columbian gold x skunk growing in a outdoors setting with a baseball bat sized trunk. Do gigantic plants have less concentration and flavor per bud or is it still pretty consistent when small or large? I have a plant that is 12 feet around and 6 feet tall with 12 main colas will the bud be bland and unappealing being it's so huge a plant compared to a controlled indoor grow?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Healthy plants with good growing conditions give good quality bud. If the plant looks happy your harvest will probably be very good.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
My opinion

My opinion

When i grew any kind of Columbian gold outdoors, I will need a lot of extra flowering time for flowers. A frost or a freeze will prevent the buds from getting mature. I have a growing season from March 10th to Nov 20th and some years early Dec before the 1st freeze. Had some get close to finishing but never really matured and finished. That's why I stopped using Columbian seeds. I love the weed a lot and wished I could grow some but its not worth the gamble unless you live close the the equator. Maybe you don't get freeze's and can grow them until it finishes. I think good Columbian gets a bad wrap because of it long flowering cycle. Can you post a photo?

TheDarkStorm

Ah you'll be fine. Afew people have looked into exactly what your asking about, and ive seen it said that big plants grown to their full potential under good conditions and for the proper amount of time in the ground will usually give you a better product.

Latest posts

Latest posts