What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making Flan & High End Custards

St. Phatty

One of the things I started doing during the Attempted Quarantine was, cooking Flan.

Sort of a replacement for ice cream. But Flan is easier on your teeth.

I use the Boxed Flan named "Royal" brand.

It comes with Caramel that goes in the bottom.

I use Yogurt cups to be the Flan mold/ containers.

You use 1 quart of milk, one box of flan.

Today it boiled over, first time that happened.

You're supposed to bring it to a boil, but the first 5 times I made it, it wouldn't boil.

And the end-product was just as Munchie Worthy.

When I was in high school I worked at a 5 star restaurant etc. and they had a dessert cart with 10 different very impressive Munchie-Worth desserts. Their Flan had raisins around the edge.

Anybody else make Flan ?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Custard is a good dessert to have under your belt,
lots of delightful fruit variables as well as coffee and savoury types.

Lavender is nice, Root Beer, Doritos with Mountain Dew. lots to explore.

Go for it!

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Have not made Flan in awhile, but i make custard sometimes and ice cream at least twice a month. A batch of ice cream can be whipped up, start to finish in about 20 minutes.

rolandomota

Condensed milk and evaporated milk small cans 2 eggs mix together add two or three table spoons of liquid vanilla . Burn the sugar 3 tablespoon by itself until it's Brown in a metal bowl then add the mix and cook it in a boil bath for an hour and voila some flan

Latest posts

Latest posts