What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower , ready for harvest ?

Buju357

Hi peeps
Well this is the first time I'm growing in my garden , I've got 5 plants going , and 1 looks like its ready for harvest , so I'm putting some pics here and hoping to get some advice , I'm not sure if its ready , its gone past the white pollen stage , thanks so much

Attachments

• IMG_20180319_172028.jpg
    IMG_20180319_172028.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20180319_171958.jpg
    IMG_20180319_171958.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20180319_171947.jpg
    IMG_20180319_171947.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 9

MrBungle

Hi, congrats on your first successful garden grow... Do you remember how long ago the flowers started forming on your plants? the pistils have changed for the most part it appears.. By white pollen do you mean the trichomes or crystals that formed on the leaves and buds?

Buju357

Thanks so much. its about 4 weeks since the flowers started , I can't remember exactly when the trichomes and crystals were on the plant. I'm guessing 2 weeks before that. Not a regular smoker but I have quick dried some Buds and smoked them and it kicked me like a mule . lol
I suffer chronic insomnia and anxiety and don't like or use sleeping pills that the doctors give me , so I'm looking to cannabis for the answer.

soil margin

Veteran
Hi buju. I would let those plants flower for another 3-4 weeks to pack on some more weight and get their full cannabinoid profile. Nothing wrong with harvesting a little early but it's probably not optimal. As some of the THC gets older and breaks down it turns into CBN which is very effective at helping people sleep. Finding a strain that produces CBD in addition to THC will be a good choice for managing a symptom like your anxiety.

MrBungle

Nice! I agree with soil margin... 4 weeks is too soon.. Plants that young can actually have the opposite effect of what you are looking for...
That was good on you to take some and try it.... I always go for the low hanging bud as testers, to give the toppers more time to mature

It seems like you are at the half way point... So I'd let em go another month like soil margin said above, and if you want, take a few more testers as you go :)