What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Urgent help required

mrdankful

Hello mates

I am growing six shooters in coco+perlite mixture. They are about 22-23 days old. I feed them with AN micro+grow+bloom as per the feed chart every alternate day.

I have 2 14L pots. 1 plant in 1 pot and 2 plants in one pot. Everything was fine till I faced this issue (refer images)

One of the 2 plants in 1 pot started showing these signs first. Initially I thought it's a nute burn so i flushed it but then I realised it can't be a nute burn as I feed all the plants the same thing. Upon research I deduced that I might have cal mag deficiency so I fed it hydrated lime, things settled down but only for a day. Now the issue sprung back up.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20180219_235230751.jpg
    IMG_20180219_235230751.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180219_235223891.jpg
    IMG_20180219_235223891.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20180219_235646972.jpg
    IMG_20180219_235646972.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 10

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi!

First off when using coco you want to feed every watering, careful to not let the media dry out.

Make sure your pH is 5.9-6.1

And lastly, I can't tell from that pic, a full plant pic and some better pics of affected area would help for a solid diagnose.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It's hard to tell

It's hard to tell

They look small to be in such big pots and being watered every other day. I would make sure I was feeding them around 400 ppms and nothing more and probably a lot less often until you see roots coming out the bottoms of the pots. Feed them when the containers feel light and feed them 2 liters or so and pick them up to feel how heavy they feel and don't feed them again until they are light, might be 5 or more days depending on temps and humidity. I would focus more on temp and humidity. Don't worry about those leaves look at the new growth.

mrdankful

I do water it often without letting it dry.

Attached new pictures.

So the spots appear as light green spots and eventually turn light brown

Attachments

• IMG_20180220_084140800.jpg
    IMG_20180220_084140800.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180220_084150353.jpg
    IMG_20180220_084150353.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 9

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
They are doing fine

They are doing fine

Those spots won't go away and the tops look good. Focus on light feedings when they dry out a little. It's more important to not let them dry out later in flower because the feedings are stronger and the plants more needy, drying out leaves residuals and it makes it difficult to balance without a good flush. In veg letting the pots get lighter/dryer before feeding will promote better roots especially early on. Make sure temp, humidity and co2 are good. Don't worry about those lower leaves.

mrdankful

They look small to be in such big pots and being watered every other day. I would make sure I was feeding them around 400 ppms and nothing more and probably a lot less often until you see roots coming out the bottoms of the pots. Feed them when the containers feel light and feed them 2 liters or so and pick them up to feel how heavy they feel and don't feed them again until they are light, might be 5 or more days depending on temps and humidity. I would focus more on temp and humidity. Don't worry about those leaves look at the new growth.

They are in 14L containers. They would be around 10 inches tall and they do have roots coming out of the bottom of the containers.

New growth is booming! They grow about .5-.8 inches daily, new and good leaves coming daily. Existing ones grow bigger.

The spots appear near the tips of older leaves, it's creeping up from the bottom.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
For reference

For reference

I run 2 liter pots for the first 3-4 weeks and transplant to 12 liter when they are 20 inches tall. I feed at 400 ppms through veg and 6-650 all through flower. Ph has to be between 5.8-6.2 and then as it progresses into late flower I would tighten that to 6.0-6.1.

mrdankful

Thanks for the inputs mate

Does this seem like potassium abundance/deficiency or calcium deficiency to you?

I was trying to figure out the reason for these spots

mrdankful

Also if you check the 2nd picture of the leaf that I initially posted you can see that the spots appear as light green slowly turn to light brown finally turning to big brown spots

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
You have to be careful

You have to be careful

People who think they can tell what is stressing a plant from looking at pictures are guessing. Chasing those guess by adding products to your feeding will rarely help and usually hurts. Just focus on perfecting all your inputs. Temp between 75-80, humidity between 70-85, airflow or co2, perfect distance to light source, feeding 400ppms in veg at a ph of 5.8-6.2. Recalibrate ph meter every week. What lighting are you using? Those lower leaves might be getting shaded. Did you spray the plants with anything?

El bear420

Hi mate, are you running to waste?? Have you checked the ph an ppms of you runoff? That would be the first thing I'd check when trying to problem solve in coco....

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
People who think they can tell what is stressing a plant from looking at pictures are guessing. Chasing those guess by adding products to your feeding will rarely help and usually hurts. Just focus on perfecting all your inputs. Temp between 75-80, humidity between 70-85, airflow or co2, perfect distance to light source, feeding 400ppms in veg at a ph of 5.8-6.2. Recalibrate ph meter every week. What lighting are you using? Those lower leaves might be getting shaded. Did you spray the plants with anything?

:laughing:
Actually as an experienced grower I can tell EXACTLY what's going on by looking at pics. As can many folks on this site.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Yeep. I wanna say mag/po issue? Given the silvery appearance I also want to suggest thrips. If no insects or insect shit can be found then we need to address your inoculants and potassium.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Second look- not thrips. Your cal/potassium needs an adjustment. Or your lights to accommodate what you're feeding.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Let's keep it easy

Let's keep it easy

:laughing:
Actually as an experienced grower I can tell EXACTLY what's going on by looking at pics. As can many folks on this site.

What is going on then? I would love to hear from your experience what is wrong in those pictures with what he is feeding the plants.

shooterw

Coco + #4 + perlite

Coco + #4 + perlite

image.jpg Has anyone used the mo'koko premium select coco substrate? I am using 60% that, 30% #4 sunshine, and 10% perlite. I just started using that in 10 gallon air pots. I am trying to figure out the watering schedule, it's a bit tricky. Any tips out there? I am having a few leaves doing the taco curl, and I'm getting a bit of yellow tiny spots on the leaves.

Latest posts

Latest posts