What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

All white hairs But amber trics ?

Never seen this before, random seed grow @ day 50, buds look like they could go for another month but under a 80X scope damn near half the glands are dark amber.

Its Very strange, normally its the opposite where the buds are looking very ripe and the amber glands take forever to come on ?

Only thing that may be a factor is im running high power 4000K cob leds..

Not sure when I should pull em ?

coldcanna

Veteran
You should throw up some pics that sounds interesting. I don't even look at the trichs, usually wait until the calyxes are fully swollen and it seems like new resin production is over

Wreckless crossbreeding gave us what we got.

When you breed a 20 week sativa with some indica crap to speed the bud cycle,not everything is going to develop at an equal rate..

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran

Yup, it's not the genetics. I do 16 week narrow leaf
and never see an amber trich.

50 days seems short, but some Afghanis do go 50 days.

I'd check root zone, but the LED thing is a wild card,
I don't use them.

If she done, she done.

Never seen this before, random seed grow @ day 50, buds look like they could go for another month but under a 80X scope damn near half the glands are dark amber.

Its Very strange, normally its the opposite where the buds are looking very ripe and the amber glands take forever to come on ?

came across a guy last year on another site who likes to grow genetics with what he calls "early amber" just like you have. his opinion was the early amber is a genetic trait and he looks for it to breed with. seems he would start seeing the early amber at around 4-5 weeks flower on his strains. he grew with t-12's i believe.

had one sativa plant several years back and noticed the same early amber as you are describing. amber at around 6 weeks and she went to 13 weeks. like you, i thought it was weird. wish i had kept a clone of that one. i say don't worry about her and let her grow. she might make a great mom.

just did a google search of "early amber trichomes" and it turned up a bunch of hits.

Natural

I have the same thing going on right now with a clone I picked up from a local clone supplier. Supposedly it's Yoda OG, I'm at day 61 as of today. They have a few orange hairs, but a lot of them have stayed light/white colored even though the trichs are turning amber now.

I had one other strain that I can actually remember that did the same thing, it turned out being a great stone and plant overall, kept it around for a mom for a while - DreamGoddess from GrowDoc seeds. I wish I could still find some of those exact seeds...

Last edited: