What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What was your favorite pot from the day?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good stories flower. Yeah, the red buds were most likely Colombian but you could not tell for sure. Ecuador, Bollivia, Guatemala, etc. they all produced pot. The name used was what would sell the best, no way to prove where it came from.

The Hawaiians on this board always say the same thing, it was just pot from locals, not some special name given by people not living in Hawaii.

I got onto the Colombian Gold in 79 and by then it had changed for the worse. Immature white seeds and so picked too early. Speedy high without the depth of mature pot.

USC breeders has the 1972 Colombian Gold seeds and I snagged a pack. Gonna see what proper CG was like back then, here in a few months.

H

hard rain

I grew up in Sydney, Australia. The pot we got back in the late 70's was rarely named. Thai stick was an exception. Great quality high.

Quality Asian genetics ruled the scene with the occasional hash. We got squishy black hash known as "black putty" which was great and once I even got Lebanese blond. Once or twice I got what was called "Colombian compressed". NO idea if it was the real deal or not. Colombia is a long way from Australia.

Dankwolf

I miss the skunk bud that smelled like a skunk and the northern lights that tasted like coffee.

I grew both of them along with blueberry and I would kill for those plants back again. The NL5 was just awesome. We had a few different phenotypes and played around with those lines for years. Just awesome smoke.

Romulan as well. Some really funky grapey phenos that if I think real hard I can still taste.

That was back when bud got you high. Not just wacked and confused. The quality of effect has become muddled on so many strains these days.

Skunk rks and northern lights 5 is vary missed . have not seen ether in 10 + years .

The new strains lack the high of strains from 10 15 years ago . where is the complex crippling 3 to 4 hour high. ?

ISM2

Maui Waui was my first experience with non-Mexican weed. I took a big-ass hit from one of those stand up bongs and it put me on my ass.

igrowone

Veteran
don't know if all time favorite
but a few mentions of Michoacan , interesting mexican that
very brown and very seedy, very nice effect, not a paranoid type of sativa
crystally brown, some shine to it though it was pretty dried out

D

Dioni

Some gold buds called Kryptonite out of Vermont in the early 80's, it was 200 a zip and the absolute best smoke I ever tasted, lung buster smoke and great sativa high... use to get it from a cat at a Shell station, his name was Zeek.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Some gold buds called Kryptonite out of Vermont in the early 80's, it was 200 a zip and the absolute best smoke I ever tasted, lung buster smoke and great sativa high... use to get it from a cat at a Schell station, his name was Zeek.

Zeek is probably still hustling there. You're blowing up the spot:D

OP

B

Baked Alaskan

We used to get apple weed, smelled just like apples. Cheese ball was another that stood out.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I was in the Mpls Minnesosta area. I'm in Oregon now. The Colombian red seemed to be pretty powerful at the time , so was Tai stick ,but the Gold was just easier on me , being a weekend smoker . There was not much choice back then , you just got what was going around or immature leaves from homegrown. ( didn't know anything about lighting hours and flowering)

I remember kids in high school would grow plants, and smoke the wet leaves of plants that never flowered.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AG.jpg Acapulco Gold from Bodhi. One on the right is not flowering and do not think it will. Cat nipped the central top part of it during veg and just a side shoot remained to grow out. I think this is legit, for any oldtimers wanting AG.

zoic

Undoubtedly for me it was Maui Wowie. When average pot was $2-6/g it was $25. Three heavy smokers and one pin joint later we had to pull off to the side of the highway because we were laughing so hard.
Thai Sticks were amazing, and Cambodian. By far the most unique one was Bolivian. It was $6/g and you were stoned for 4-6 hours. Most notably the seeds were 3 times the size of all the other seeds from Mexican, Colombian and Jamaican strains.

Now on the Thai Sticks I only had them once. After that my buddy who had lbs. of Mexican started making his own with wooden skewers and fine thread. It backfired on him though because I told one of the other guys in the group not to buy them and why. Word spread fast and his low priced Thai Sticks went nowhere.

Bob Green

I have only been smoking for 25 years but an old favorite one I still miss was my MTF cut that I lost around 95.

Dankwolf

I have only been smoking for 25 years but an old favorite one I still miss was my MTF cut that I lost around 95.

My brother has a cut of a 30+ year old mother . i plan to release the cut to select few down here in the lower 48 . i will upload some bad pics of it here in the near future (need to find them lol ).