What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird - Wacky - Funny News

shithawk420

Veteran
They won't see a dime.Chicago is going down the toilet.i don't even like going downtown anymore.still love it though

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
PHOTOS of strange winged creature prompt ‘angel’ sighting debate online

PHOTOS of strange winged creature prompt ‘angel’ sighting debate online

5af6c258dda4c8f7798b45bf.jpg

One of the images captured by the motion sensor camera

A small community in northern Michigan believes it has been touched by an angel after a motion-sensor camera captured a mysterious object apparently looming over a parked vehicle. People online, however, remain unconvinced.
According to the local church in East Jordan and the man whose camera detected the presence, the image clearly shows a head and wings.

“I said, 'That's an angel!' And I was just blown away,” Glen Thorman, a fire chief, told local TV station 16WNDU. Thorman quickly contacted his wife and pastor to share news of the find.

Jordan Rivers Church posted the pictures on its Facebook page, saying the photos had not been altered, and sparked a debate over what the camera had really“It was really clear to me the minute I looked at the photo,” said Pastor Deneille Moes of Jordan Rivers Church. “I just kind of freaked out a bit. I went like, 'Whoa! That's an angel!' And I texted him back, 'That's an angel.' There wasn't any doubt in my mind that we were looking at something supernatural.”

While the logical explanation for the ‘figure’ points towards a moth, many locals remain convinced that they’ve received a sign from heaven.
The Facebook post led to arguments among people who pointed to potential tricks of photography or dismissed the images as simply a fluttering insect coming close to the lens. However, other commenters said that – although they don’t buy the angel explanation – they’re glad some people find comfort in interpreting the shape as a benevolent being watching over them.

But what do you think the camera captured?

Source: https://www.rt.com/usa/426544-angel-vision-moth-debate/

RMS

:smoweed:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Volkswagen I.D. R aims to set record on China's 'Heaven's Gate' road

Volkswagen I.D. R aims to set record on China's 'Heaven's Gate' road

Gamer competition will set a benchmark time that Romain Dumas will try to beat

volkswagen-id-r-racer-1.jpg

This has already been quite the year for the Volkswagen Group and track records. The Porsche 911 GT2 RS just took the top line at Road Atlanta, and the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ just did the same at Hockenheim. In less than 100 days, Bentley will put a Continental GT at the base of Pikes Peak to go for the mountain's production car record. The Volkswagen I.D. R electric racer, already scheduled for a tilt at a Nürburgring record in May, has just added a run up China's Tianmen Shan Big Gate Road in September.

There's no official record up what's called "Heaven's Gate" road. About 900 miles southwest of Beijing, the 6.8-mile two-lane strip, also called Tongtian Avenue, takes 99 sharp turns while climbing Tianmen Mountain from 650 feet above sea level to 4,265 feet. A Range Rover Sport SVR ran it last year, with Chinese race car driver Ho Pin Tung at the wheel, finishing in 9:51. Before that, a well-heeled Italian amateur who likes to close roads to set times drove a stock Ferrari 458 up the slope in 10:31.

Neither of those attempts should bother the I.D. R, so Volkswagen's looking for a more representative benchmark. The carmaker will re-create the road online and open it to gamers to set a virtual record. Romain Dumas, the same Frenchman who drove the I.D. R to records at Pikes Peak and Goodwood, will then try to beat the best the digital cowboys can do.

The event is part of Volkswagen's push to promote its coming electric I.D. range and the China-specific models planned for sale. The Germans have been trampling on China's home team in the process, meaning the EV maker NIO. The I.D. R broke the NIO's EV record at Goodwood last year, and NIO currently holds the EV lap record at the 'Ring. Come September, VW could rub NIO's nose in it in NIO's back yard. All hail friendly competition.

01-vw-id-r-pikes-peak-2018-1.jpg

Source: https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/28/volkswagen-id-r-china-heavens-gate-road/

RMS

Sunshineinabag

I'd say charges being dropped against smollet is pretty Fucken whacky! Talk about the American justice system BLATANTLY proving if ur rich and famous you can do wtf ever u want and get away with it! Nice message to send to the kids!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'd say charges being dropped against smollet is pretty Fucken whacky! Talk about the American justice system BLATANTLY proving if ur rich and famous you can do wtf ever u want and get away with it! Nice message to send to the kids!

well...he aint rich OR famous. incredibly stupid, yes. i had never heard of him until this BS hit the news. there is not enough room in jails for all the morons until they let all of the drug war prisoners out. then we would have room for the violent, the corrupt, all of our politicians (yeah, i just repeated myself :biggrin:), plus big pharma executives that bleed people dry for medicine that costs not shit to produce, some big bankers & insurance company executives....sounds like a good start to me. feel free to add to my list. :tiphat:

shithawk420

Veteran
well...he aint rich OR famous. incredibly stupid, yes. i had never heard of him until this BS hit the news. there is not enough room in jails for all the morons until they let all of the drug war prisoners out. then we would have room for the violent, the corrupt, all of our politicians (yeah, i just repeated myself :biggrin:), plus big pharma executives that bleed people dry for medicine that costs not shit to produce, some big bankers & insurance company executives....sounds like a good start to me. feel free to add to my list. :tiphat:

Oh yeah I forgot being a millionaire doesn't mean your rich anymore.god damn those darn billionaires!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Oh yeah I forgot being a millionaire doesn't mean your rich anymore.god damn those darn billionaires!

that silly fuck was a millionaire? and pulled that shit because he wanted more publicity/money? i stand corrected; put that ignorant son of a bitch behind bars where he belongs... thanks, shithawk!:tiphat:

shithawk420

Veteran
He pulled a real bitch move.at least a few felonies including conspiracy.if it was you or me it'd probably be federal prison.he can go fuck himself but he'd probably like that though

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Huge shark's severed head found after it was ripped off by something even bigger

Huge shark's severed head found after it was ripped off by something even bigger

0_Sharks-head.jpg

The severed head weighed a huge 100kg, meaning the shark it came from could have been up to 12ft long

A fisherman has caught a huge shark's head off the cost of Australia, leading to fears an even bigger creature attacked it.

The severed head weighed a huge 100kg, meaning the shark it came from could have been up to 12ft long.

It appears the Mako shark's head was bitten off and discarded by a predator - potentially an even bigger shark.

Jason, who is known online as Trapman Bermagui, was out on a boat off the coast of New South Wales yesterday when he made the odd discovery.

Adding some images of the monster shark's head, Jason added: "So this was all we got back of this monster mako.

image.jpg

“Despite their reputation as lone hunters, great whites will cooperate with one another, hunting in groups and sharing the spoils,” commented Lisa Newick.

“They're social creatures and travel in groups at times as well, that's why you see them milling all over whale carcasses. After seeing the pic I'll just uh stick to the swimming pool,” she added sagely.

Mako sharks, known for their speed (up to 46mph) and ability to leap from the water, can grow to about 12 feet long. Moyce also teased further footage from inside the mako, which he said had incredibly healed around the head of a marlin bill from a previous attack some time ago.

0_Sharks-head.jpg

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/huge-sharks-severed-head-found-14203315

RMS