What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED FAQ) Building and DIY

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
That one doesn't seem to give results in the right range, this seems better and also has DC side:
AC side is not that critical to loss anyway, you gotta watch it careful on the DC side, tho. They add up fast there, especially when working with lower voltages.

xet

That one doesn't seem to give results in the right range, this seems better and also has DC side:
AC side is not that critical to loss anyway, you gotta watch it careful on the DC side, tho. They add up fast there, especially when working with lower voltages.
That is a good point. I guess I had not even thought to factor in losses on the DC side as the DC side length will only be around six inches.

xet

Is the GFCI breaker really the beez neez of breakers, is it gimmicky, or is it just a damn device for the electric company to spy on what I got plugged in?

Related article from 4 days ago https://news.yahoo.com/lawsuit-sacramento-utility-company-targeted-010610868.html

Lawsuit: Sacramento utility company targeted Asians in pot searches
Thu, September 22, 2022 at 8:06 PM

Extraordinary use of electricity has long been a telltale sign of illegal grow houses producing thousands of marijuana plants hidden in seemingly ordinary homes. But a lawsuit filed by a data privacy watchdog says a Northern California utility went too far by racially profiling Asian communities as it routinely fed customers' power use information to police without requiring a warrant or any suspicion of wrongdoing, in violation of state laws. The data disclosure deliberately targeted Asian Americans, with resulting disproportionate penalties against those of Asian descent, the suit says.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Is the GFCI breaker really the beez neez of breakers, is it gimmicky, or is it just a damn device for the electric company to spy on what I got plugged in?

Related article from 4 days ago https://news.yahoo.com/lawsuit-sacramento-utility-company-targeted-010610868.html
What does the first paragraph has in common with that article, tho?
A gfci breaker is just a thermal/differential current protector. While it's a "smarter" breaker, it's not a smart one. Has no memory, processing power, communication, or data output.
Just a smart energy meter would be able to follow, save and share electricity usage data.

Latest posts

Latest posts