What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all! :tiphat:

I'm happy to announce that ErdPurt is finally back again in stock after 2-3 years outside of our catalogue.

We grew this great outdoor indica line a few years ago here in Spain, and i loved the results: a strong structured, outdoor early flowering afghani with big dense flowers of amazing colors, hashy earthy coffee aromas and pleasant relaxed but clear indica effect.

As you may know, the line came from Esbe and was bred mainly outdoors in very northern and cold latitudes.

We tested the line here in Spain from spring to autumn and it worked great but we found hermie tendencies when we tried to reproduce the line from winter to spring with increased photoperiod. We then selected the few non hermie parental plants and we reverse them with STS for open pollinating to produce a feminized generation that was not so sensible to different ambiental conditions.

Then we grew this new feminized generation indoors applying different variables that could induce hermaphroditism: use of flowering stimulators, radical change of photoperiods, moving the plants from indoors to outdoors with increased photoperiod, etc ... most of the plants remained firm, only a few females showed a few unfertile bananas after all the stresses at the end of flowering. A varied group of the firm feminized females were pollinated by a non hermie, early flowering, hashy, colorful and high flower to leaf ratio male to produce the standard generation available.

I hope all this work helps to avoid the previous hermie tendencies of the line under many different ambiental conditions, and still keep the quality and essence of the line as i received it.

Special thanks to Esbe for providing the line, and to all the people that contributed to the line in the past.

Here's the official pic and description for the new ErdPurt stock released through ACE Seeds.

Attachments

• erdpurt.jpg
    erdpurt.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ErdPurt official description

ErdPurt official description

Classic Afghani line developed in northern Europe, where it was selected for its quality, fast flowering and excellent adaptability to the adverse conditions of northern climates.

It is a very ornamental hash plant, that gets multitude of colors in the leaves, stems and flowers in late flowering. It ripens very quickly, producing hard and resinous buds with hashy and coffee aromas. The effect is relaxing afghan type, with good strength and high medicinal value.

ErdPurt is an excellent afghani for outdoor growing in altitude or northern latitudes, where the cold, wind and rain doesn't allow most of the Afghani varieties ripen properly.

GENETICS: 100 % indica. Erdbeer x Purpuera Ticinensis. Stabilized hybrid.

FLOWERING INDOORS: 7-8 WEEKS.
FLOWERING INDOORS: END OF AUGUST/SEPTEMBER
YIELD/M2: AVERAGE
RESISTANCE AGAINST SPIDER MITES: AVERAGE-HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST POWDER MILDEW: AVERAGE.
RESISTANCE AGAINST BOTRYTIS: AVERAGE-HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST COLD: HIGH

STRUCTURE: Classic afghani structure: strong, robust and compact, with big hash plant leaves and huge stems. It grows mainly columnar, with almost no branching.

BOUQUET: Fresh roast coffee and strawberry\blackberry pie smoke fragrances, with a strong organic, hashy and earthy background. The flavor is reminiscent of the exquisite Yarkhun Pakistan hash.

HIGH: strong, relaxed and creative indica with great medicinal potential.

GROWING TIPS:

It's in the colder northern climates where Erdpurt really stands out, it can be grown up to latitude 55 °. It can resist several days of frosts and strong winds.

Some plants may show autoflowering traits when grown under 45 ° N latitude, especially if the root space is limited with small pots.

Thanks to the selection work at ACE Seeds, we have improved the line to perform well indoors and also in the more southern latitudes.

Erdpurt is a stabilized 100% indica, a very interesting bred for breeding projects. It easily produces great fast flowering hybrids, especially for outdoor growing.

window

Veteran
Good news

Good news

Nice one Dubi, I've been wanting to grow these again.
I grew the original one's you offered indoors and some did herm but it wasn't a complete disaster, just a few seeds here and there.
Really want to try these outdoor in the U.K, should do well, I've heard.
Erdpurt is one of the most beautiful plants out there, mine had a great berry taste and the buds were rock solid.:biggrin:
Will they be available at the bou?

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
You cannot give more good reputation points to Dubi..

I have been wanting to run ErdPurt for a long time, can't wait.

A

Asche

high dubi, i am just curious
are you sure its a 100% indica?

was there maybe a little mistake,
or did you select all the sativa traits out?
but even then it would not be a 100% indica.

since the erdbeer has half (sativa) i believe
it was even fibre hemp which got mixed with an afghan
which was the idea to breed a strong robust outdoor strain
was some student experiment when i recall that correct.

and the Purpurea Ticinensis is actually a Swiss Sativa
with unknown heritage.

i have to admit i know another breeder
who said that the PT actually was a pure indica
even the original breeder declares it as a pure sativa.

but anyhow that would not make the Erdpurt a pure indica..
just very curious about that confusion.

S

scai

Esbe says about Purpurea Ticinensis
father was bluehemps e-rocket and my danish passion.
This is the conversation
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82275

Some say it's indica, some say ancestors include Purple Thai.
I'm doubtfull with Purple Thai, cos I don't see it in my Erdpurts, Eerbei's and some other related red ones.
I do see Purple Thai in Flo...
I would say indica in Erdpurts, I would say sativa i Flo....
There must be someone who knows better...
But Who am I to say...

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2497.html

This is what I think is interesting, it's a beginning of many banks, Ticiano too...
http://www.greencommonsense.ro/#!modern-history/c24wn

http://en.**********.eu/strain-info/E-Rocket/BlueHemp_Switzerland/ Sorry, these don't work but you find in strain info with the name...
http://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Erdbeer/Clone_Only_Strains/

Reading all this I would say, very much indica, sativa recessive

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I grew this a few years ago and a friend and I made a cross from esbe HFH stock.. Glad the ACE team have worked this great hybrid for the northern grower..

:)

A

Asche

Esbe says about Purpurea Ticinensis
father was bluehemps e-rocket and my danish passion.
This is the conversation
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82275

Some say it's indica, some say ancestors include Purple Thai.
I'm doubtfull with Purple Thai, cos I don't see it in my Erdpurts, Eerbei's and some other related red ones.
I do see Purple Thai in Flo...
I would say indica in Erdpurts, I would say sativa i Flo....
There must be someone who knows better...
But Who am I to say...

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2497.html

This is what I think is interesting, it's a beginning of many banks, Ticiano too...
http://www.greencommonsense.ro/#!modern-history/c24wn

http://en.**********.eu/strain-info/E-Rocket/BlueHemp_Switzerland/ Sorry, these don't work but you find in strain info with the name...
http://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Erdbeer/Clone_Only_Strains/

Reading all this I would say, very much indica, sativa recessive

nope i guess you misunderstood that, he was talking about a cross he introduced :)
the heritage of the PT is unknown, other then that it was found by Felix
in the garden of some old lady in the Tessin, italian speaking part of Switzerland.
Felix worked it further and claims it to be a Sativa not indica.

S

scai

Okay ;) Need to read more carefully.
Mind you, I don't think that I was all that sober last night... :D :D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Greetings,

I am far to be an authority to talk about the origins of ErdBeer or Purpurea Ticinensis, there's lot of speculation about it.

I believe in what i see in the plants that i work with. The ErdPurt line that i have been working with came from esbe, and i have not seen any clear sativa influence in the last 2 generations while i was working with the line, or in the stock that we have just released through ACE Seeds, hence is listed like 100 % indica at our website.

Fresh ErdPurt stock is available now at SeedBoutique along with other new things that i will comment later in the 2014 limited editions thread.

A

Asche

ic, so it looks very indica like and the sativa was outbred,
but i am sure its not a pure indica heritage.

with both lines coming with sativa in its origin
it just does not sound correct to call it 100% indica
even though it now looks like one.

but ok at least we know what we can expect from the line :)
also curious what you have up your sleeves for the new season!!!

Randy Lahey

New Erdpurt??? o_O

New Erdpurt??? o_O

That does not look at all like the original development of Erdpurt. The budding formation seems to have Sativa influence now. Also the original was Pink buds and hairs, with Purple "Bud and Sugar leaves".

:/ Gonna have to keep looking into this one!

MJBadger

Veteran
I grew Erdpurt outdoor uk 8yr or more back , present from the man himself . Done good , great finisher 51* Lat & what a lovely smoke .

window

Veteran
The Erdpurt's I grew from Ace looked Indica and the effect was 100% Indica knock out stone.:biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Randy Lahey,

Seedboutique recently stocked in June fresh ErdPurt stock, not sure why is not listed at their website, please contact them to check if it's still in stock. Kind regards!

squatty

Growing some Erdpurt now along with some local Rocket Chunk. I'd love to throw some pictures up but I think I need more posts!

Latest posts

Latest posts