What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

creative ways to dispose of pot trash

stems, and leafs. anyone have any good ways to get rid of this stuff, i was thinking about getting one of those back yard firepits they have at home depot and just burning it but burning alot of the leaves would be a smokey mess, i thought of maybe trying to create some kind of press to compact leaves into a tight pucks and see if they burn cleaner. all and any ideas would be helpful, cause right now i just have a few bag fulls laying around

XIII

If you have the space I would recommend composting it in a garbage bin outside. If you don't, I would bury it in the woods somewhere.

I wouldn't leave it laying around for obvious reasons. Flushing/garbage disposal could be a bad idea (I always envision myself clogging the pipes and having to call a plumber to remove leaves!)

I wouldn't want to burn them either. Too easy to attract very bad attention!

Plus if you compost it you can add to it and eventually have some nice organic soil!

B.Grant

It depends on how much you have to get rid of? I always try to let my debris dry out. When dry, leaves crumble quite easily and can be easily discarded. Say for example a grocery bag full of debris of stems and leaves, let dry out and proceed to consistently crumble down into bag, and then duct tape bag as small and tight as possible. Next, eat out, and order a lot, save all of the fast food wrappers and bags and that is your debris' disguise. Take duct taped debris bag, wrapped in fast food wrappers, stuffed in fast food bag, and then ditched at local gas station at next fill-up, or even better a rest area located off a near by interstate. The trick is, never on your property, and your trash has to look like exactly that, trash!
Larger loads could be split up. There are others on the forum, who will have more experience and better advice on handling larger loads, I'm sure.

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I'll second McDonald's, freeway Gas Stations, car washes. Places where motorists are encouraged to throw out trash.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depending on location and volume of material burning can work well.
Constant small amounts from my permanent flower room go straight onto a roaring open fire or woodburner and cannot be smelt downwind or recognised as weed.

Would not try too much at once for obvious reasons.

In the UK a lot of councils are sorting by hand through trash collections and recycling what they can to save landfill , would not put anything Canna related in bins includeing nute containers that could possibly be traced back to you or a small postcode area.

Some clown flytipped a dozen bags containing the remains of a commercial grow in a layby outside my workplace and police forensic were all over it.
In conversation with them I was told this happens a lot and they are looking for fingerprints and DNA evidence and apparently the genetic profile of the plants used.

Yo if I were you I wouldn't worry too much but.... Deff. don't let peps see what ur throwing out..As long as it's disguised I think your good... I live in an apartment complex and I just throw my scraps ont in the dumpster.. I don't work to hard to disguise it but I use Dark bags so if there is a garbage picker the only way they can see the cannabis scraps is if they open it....(that's gross, but peps do it) If you got property burn it at small amounts so you couldn't smell it but if peps did what would they do.. they would think its a skunk that just got hit by a car or got scared and let loose...lol... I wouldn't worry to much if you got a lot of land or at least an acre, rather then a lot in a complex next to houses then I wouldn't burn plus i bet there's laws(about burning) if you live in a complex..... Just bag it up in a black bag and throw it out at a dumpster( doesn't matter unless someone sees you and checks the garbage you threw out.. but i think that won't happen unless they already know you grow.....) I think your good as long as your not obvious......LoL... NEVER GOOD TO BE OBVIOUS..... UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE>>> I know you ask this question to see if you can make something out of it, but you can't... just compost... But that's a good thing

I just pack everything up in garbage bags and head down to an industrial park. There are so many bins there you can get rid of as much stuff as you want. Just don't pack it all in one bin. And check that there aren't any cameras around watching the area.

To those that don't know what an industrial park is, It's an area where you can rent out work shops,welding shops, mechanic shops, like small businesses but intended for industrial use. Their usually on the industrial side of town.. go figure!

I usually just hit up a country road and find a bridge with a flowing creek and just dump it all over the bridge. Probably not so easy in a bigger city though.
GIG:joint:

durgamata

I'll second McDonald's, freeway Gas Stations, car washes. Places where motorists are encouraged to throw out trash.

watch out, some Mcdonalds have parking lot camera's

And officer tipped off about a trashbag full of pot, review the tape, liscense plate in clear view.

knock knock knock :abduct:

Average Joe

Some of you guys are a crack up. I just picture the Mission Impossible theme in my head watching you guys run around dumping your shit.

Cut the stems into little pieces, put all of it in a paper grocery bag and let it dry out completely. Then crumble it up really good and just dump it anywhere you want. You could just spread it out on your lawn. Once it's dried and crumbled up it is no longer recognizable.

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
I bought an oversized blender solely for the purpose of pureeing my waste to flush it. Sometimes it's kind of a pain in the ass but it takes a lot less time than what you would think. I usually get around to it after a harvest. Before that I'd just throw the shit in the freezer and go dump it at night. As far as dumpsters go, stay away from store fronts and backs that most likely have surveillance installed. It'd probably also be a good idea to wait til the day/night before garbage pickup.

Charg5152

I put everything down the garbage disposal..just making sure to take my time, keep water running down the drain, and not overpack it. Goin on 2 years with no issues...figured my wife puts some serious sh*t down there and it just chews it up.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would also say compost it
if done properly they will disappear fast and they will help your OD grow in coming season

also burning isnt recommended
i burn some stalks some times when working with hash making and sorting seeds but only at night when i know the streets here a dead cause it smells out the chimney as you where having a very big smoke out

I usually just hit up a country road and find a bridge with a flowing creek and just dump it all over the bridge. Probably not so easy in a bigger city though.
GIG:joint:

This also isn't the smartest thing...remember you need to be GREEN in more ways than one. Please don't litter...if it's just stems and leaves it's all good. Containers, perlite, other shit...dispose of it in a trash.

I usually get rid of my trash at various trash cans (McDs, gas stations, public trashcans). When I had a fire pit I used to mix stems & leaves w/brush and sticks and burn it. Never really had an issue with it smelling like burning pot (key is to burn sticks and leaves from evergreen trees, etc. w/ the sensitive trash).

~fvk~

Yeah, don't litter bags and shit. If you're really unlucky, cops might be able to lift a print from them. Burglaries? Nah, they don't have the funding to do something like that. Buds? You bet your ass they do.

~fvk~

Alright, that settles it, everyone give their waste to Botanist. The human garbage disposal with a stomach of steel yo...

Latest posts

Latest posts