Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > 12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Thread Title Search
12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2007, 04:09 AM #51
Berry_Coughin'

Berry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the roughBerry_Coughin' is a jewel in the rough
If I show any signs of hermi I'll be sure to let you all know.... so far so good.....
Berry_Coughin' is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2007, 05:43 AM #52
Hal

Hey Berry...

If I have read your posts correctly...you have already seeded these plants...and for some reason put them back under a vegetative light schedule? I'm a bit confused as to what you are doing. This thread is about starting seeds/sprouts off immediately in 12/12 light, and keeping them in this regimen for the entire growth cycle. Doesn't seem to match up with what you are doing.

HighOnTheChronic was going to revert his plants after sexing them because he wants to get some moms going, which is different than what you seem to be doing.

The fact that your plants have already been seeded will make any possibility of your plants turning hermaphrodite impossible...the only reason plants do this is when the females are starved for pollen and overreact and grow male sex organs. Since your plants have already been fertilized, and have reproduced by making seeds, there is no reason for those plants to go hermie.

No reason to spend your time looking for little nanners...

Old 03-04-2007, 05:53 AM #53
thc43

thc43 has a spectacular aura aboutthc43 has a spectacular aura aboutthc43 has a spectacular aura aboutthc43 has a spectacular aura aboutthc43 has a spectacular aura about
i dont flower seed id rather grow preflower then keep the fem/hermis to grow later. Bit ill give anything a go once or twice

heres my sensi skunk grow 3 day veg of 9 different fem/hermi phenos now down to 5 fems with 50% hermi loss about 10 days into flower..

second pic what you could yield with only 3 days veg with a reasonable amount of sativa Bigbud/ white rhino). 9 plants in 1m x 90cm yielded over gpw. 8th week

Last edited by thc43; 03-04-2007 at 05:59 AM..
thc43 is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2007, 06:20 AM #54
Hal

That second pic is sweet...nice goin dude. I bet you could have gotten the same results if you had just started from the very beginning with 12/12 light, and forgotten all about the 3 days of vegetative lighting.

Over 1 gram per watt...another satisfied customer!

Old 03-04-2007, 06:28 AM #55
muddy waters

muddy waters is a jewel in the roughmuddy waters is a jewel in the roughmuddy waters is a jewel in the roughmuddy waters is a jewel in the roughmuddy waters is a jewel in the roughmuddy waters is a jewel in the rough
yo Hal i'm sure motaco the ragin cajun was just speaking from his experience, not trying to bash the method. i've seen 1 grammers (or more like 2-3 grammers) but they're dwarfed plants usually. seen it with seeds only a couple times, contrary to mota's experience, but with clones deprived of veg it seems much more common this dwarf bud thing.

it's true that this technique doesn't work equally well with every strain, results vary, depending also on environment. i've had different result with 12/12 from seed depending on light positioning and container size for instance.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:03 AM #56
Hal

Hey Muddy...

Good to see ya dude. I don't know if Motaco's intent was to bash this method, but it sure came out sounding that way. Any pot plant that is grown that only yields 1 gram, or even 3 or 4 grams, has something seriously wrong with it...either the plant has genetic defects, or it is being grown in a way that is doing the plant serious harm. The way Motaco wrote his post, it made it sound like this method was to blame, and thats just bullshit.

The reason I responded with such vigor is because there is way too much of that misinformation being spread on IC, and in the cannabis growing community in general, and I refuse to allow it to go unchallenged in this thread. This thread is devoted to 12/12 From Seed, and there are going to be folks coming here, frequently totally new growers, who want to see what it is all about. Damn if I want them to encounter, right here in the beginning, posts that are spreading mis-information that might very well discourage them from trying to grow this way.

Anyway, it isn't personal against Motaco. I'm sure he is a fine dude, and probably cooks up one hell of a gumbo. But we gotta keep it real here, and we gotta stomp out the un-truths about this method.

The strain reports that we will compile as time goes on will help us avoid those strains that don't seem to work as great as others. I'm guessing that most strains will do pretty good being grown this way. I'm very confident that it will be an extremely rare occurence when a strain responds to this method by yielding less than 7 grams per plant, unless the grower is doing something drastically wrong.

Sorry for the vigor.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:11 PM #57
CornBread

CornBread is on a distinguished road
Anyone done this method with coco ? If yes, what pot volume did you use.
Can I get away with 1 liter pots or should I go with 2 liters?
Or shoud I even do like atmosphere is doing, one big container for all (sexed) ?

/cornbread
CornBread is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2007, 02:24 PM #58
atmosphere

atmosphere will become famous soon enough
Going from flowering back to veg will first of all take a lot of time because of stress. It will always have its affect on the final product/yield . Often you get bud swith wierd shapes and potency might very well be affected .

For some seeds you can also pollinatie just a small part of a plant, and do the rest sensimilla.
atmosphere is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 PM #59
Haggis123

Haggis123 is on a distinguished road
Just going back to Motaco's post.....we had all the neg's back in the first few pages of the old thread....that's why Hal has spent time and effort making this new thread.

Just look at atmosphere's pic's.....to me they are yielding way much more than a "g" a plant....more like a "g" a watt, at least.

Even look at my little AK48 that must be at least a 1/2oz of premium quality there and it's still got probably 18 days or so to go.....hopefully much fattening up ahead.
I will be most happy to do the strain report once dried and let all the good peep's on this here thread know how well it went.
Haggis123 is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2007, 05:28 PM #60
Hal

Hey Haggis...

Exactly dude. Its bad enough when people (who likely have never even tried growing this way) claim that it results in bad yields, but when someone makes a ridiculous statement associating 12/12 From Seed with yields of 1 friggin gram that makes my blood boil. Thats the kind of statement that can steer a newb away from ever trying this method for themselves.

That pretty little girl of the AK48 variety that you have going...well, I had a Northern LIght plant that was only 12" tall and she gave an ounce of sweet, sticky, dried bud...and she didn't look too much fatter than that pic you posted.