What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Patent Wars

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I have spent many years researching patents for one reason or another and practically speaking, in today's world, patents are pretty useless. For a number of reasons.

One being that technology changes things so fast that many patents are outdated before they even expire.

And, again because of today's technology, there are usually many ways to achieve the same goal. e.g. Once concentrates became popular, there evolved many ways to make them.

And, even small variances in design or performance will circumvent patent infringement.

And, finally, patent suits can be (and usually are) very expensive. If Monsanto or some big firm decides to steal some little guys patent, there's not much he's going to be able to do about it. The big firm's legal department would swallow him like like a fish eats a bug.

Roger Adams patented the isolation of cannabbidiol from hemp back in 1942. Didn't seem to make him rich. LOL

https://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=02304669&homeurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpatft.uspto.gov%2Fnetacgi%2Fnph-Parser%3FSect2%3DPTO1%2526Sect2%3DHITOFF%2526p%3D1%2526u%3D%25252Fnetahtml%25252FPTO%25252Fsearch-bool.html%2526r%3D1%2526f%3DG%2526l%3D50%2526d%3DPALL%2526S1%3D2304669.PN.%2526OS%3DPN%2F2304669%2526RS%3DPN%2F2304669&PageNum=&Rtype=&SectionNum=&idkey=NONE&Input=View+first+page

I wonder why he calls it "red oil". Does the extraction from hemp come out red? Or, maybe it was his process. Pretty neat reading.

Remember to remove the 's' from https. Does this forum have an admin? Why doesn't he fix that?

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

It's only going to get worse with all the patents thank God the original bubble bags didn't get a patent would have stopped Bubbleman from his outrageous priced bags and all the cool people who created cheap the cheap all mesh bubble bags that seem to be just as good as the original and Bubbleman's overpriced knock off.

Straight shysters in the cannabis industry. I can't believe how many people bought Bubbleman's overpriced dry sift screens they are no different than the ones you can buy for T-shirt printing presses only they cost much less.

I've always shied away from people trying to make a buck because it's for cannabis. Cannabis specific nutrients are complete garbage as well I fell for it for a couple of grows until I said fuck it tried Jack's Classic like many others and couldn't notice a difference from Advanced Nutrients and other cannabis specific nutrient companies.

It's all about money a bunch of greedy businessmen selling us false promises for so much extra money. Even breeders are a bit of a scam a cannabis seed is not worth more than it's weight in gold which is why I started breeding my own like many others have done. The way I see it Sam, Nevil, Shantibaba, DJ Short, etc. Have nothing on Luther Burbank and he didn't even charge such an outrageous price for his work.

Of course people will talk like I could never compare to the glamorized breeders, but opinions are like assholes. I'm not in it for the money I have never charged anyone for seeds I'm in it for the plant fuck the money and fame.

Of course everyone wants a patent their are even patented cannabis plants these days good luck to them they can't stop me from gifting genetics of what I find to be great weed.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder why he calls it "red oil". Does the extraction from hemp come out red? Or, maybe it was his process. Pretty neat reading.

My guess is from C-40 beta Carotene, which ranges from yellow to red.

Alas I wasn't able to open the link to see what his process was, but if he was altering pH, it could also have been C-15 Anthocyanin plant pigments, which can range from vivid red to blue, depending on pH.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wal golleee, wonder why the "patent holders" continue to avoid this opportunity to share the truth, and educate us ignert great unwashed .

Monday will be two weeks since I slapped the gauntlet across the same chops that had verbal diarrhea in Willamette Week readers comments.

If'n ya'll would rather discuss in on Willamette Week, please contact the editor and request it.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Didn't open, even when I did that.

It's because the link is split by the forum software with a soft return.

You can block the entire link and right click on it to go to it or......

Here is is attached.

Man, this forum needs some work. I have never been a fan of VBulletin. It's not bad code so much but it needs to be maintained. I see so many forums with outdated vBull code. Most of them end up hacked or swamped by bots.

Anyway, for what it's worth (some amusement) I attached the patent.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT, this forum does not allow PDF uploads??? This place really needs work. I'll convert it to a pic and upload it later.It is patent number [FONT=ms sans serif, geneva][SIZE=-2]Patent #: US002304669 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=ms sans serif, geneva][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

I made red oil a few times as a newbie, I never trusted it though I knew something was wrong. Back then, I was trying to make concentrates with ISO, then I realized the red hues in the final product came from the rubber ring from the mason jar I was using to shake the herb and alcohol haha.

I use water and ice now!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
the weird thing is when i edited the url to take the s out it just put it back.

You have to edit the 's' in the new tab that is opening the linked site.

I have some older vBull code I used in one of my forums some years back that opens all links in an iFrame. I will dig it up and post it. Maybe the admin will use it. ;)

It's probably easier to simply google the patent number US002304669 LOL

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
For anyone who was too lazy or didn't know how to chase down this patent, here's the img.

EDIT: Damn, the forum re-sized it. You can almost read it. LMAO I'll work on it. LOL

attachment.php

Attachments

• patent.jpg
    patent.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 14

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bump.

Soooooooooo, isn't at least one of ya'll three patent holders comfortable with an open honest discussion of the patent issues?

I promise to be more professional in answering than ya'll were on WW, if'n its public humiliation that yer skeered of...................

Sorry I can't help with the issue of public exposure to truth, you did that yourself.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For anyone who was too lazy or didn't know how to chase down this patent, here's the img.

EDIT: Damn, the forum re-sized it. You can almost read it. LMAO I'll work on it. LOL

View Image

Not giving much away on that first page, which obfuscates their actual process. Perhaps a forum member with a chemistry degree could sort it out and comment.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well shucks! No players with all the cards on the table face up?

Wonder why that might be?

CaptainDankness

Well shucks! No players with all the cards on the table face up?

Wonder why that might be?

I'm sure the investors will tell them to get fucked when they realize what a bunch of frauds they are. If I was an investor I'd be watching the people I was investing in.

All about the money they don't care how crooked they are obviously. GW Pharmaceuticals is the biggest fraud of them all $200 for 10ml of trash concentrate of course they are happy with it meanwhile most won't even consider buying Sativex.