What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New England Garage 8kw DEVA's, 54k btu, 32 plant, Ebb buckets coco top feed dtw

p0opstlnksal0t

Yes sir the heat is a bit of a pita. I'm bringing another 4kw tent in the basement online and working the exhaust and intake parameters for that. It gets toasty down there.

The buckets are just an ebb n flow bucket system I'm using for drain to waste. I top feed and drain the waste outdoors

Attachments

• 20180810_175645.jpg
    20180810_175645.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180810_175659.jpg
    20180810_175659.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180810_175715.jpg
    20180810_175715.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 10

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:laughing: For a moment I thought they dheveloped from your next to last post your latest in three days! :bigeye: :biggrin:

one thing for sure is the girls seem to thrive on that setup but for the heat of course. Cannot use AC?

p0opstlnksal0t

Haha I wish they veg out that quick!

I've switched to greenleaf monster crop 1 part nutrients. The work smarter not harder voice in me couldn't pass up the simplicity of the res changes.

The heat has shown itself as a very slight lead twist from time to time when the room sees 97 degrees for a few days in a row. These temps are rare so I'm not stressing about it. I flipped these girls yesterday so temps will probably not see 90s anymore.

I could add ac if I wanted to run sealed but after crunching the numbers it doesnt make since right now for the added expense of throwing 4 tons of mini split in there and the added electricity costs involved plus wiring and installing them. Outside air cooling the room is so much cheaper lol

:laughing: For a moment I thought they dheveloped from your next to last post your latest in three days! :bigeye: :biggrin:

one thing for sure is the girls seem to thrive on that setup but for the heat of course. Cannot use AC?

p0opstlnksal0t

Im ditching my Rev Micro DEVA lights. they do not hold up in a room with high humidity and possible water vapor condensing on the fixture. the PCB will short out or get hard water residue on it and cause them not to work. just a result of having a PCB fully exposed to the grow room environment. none of my gavita, gavita china knockoffs or phantom DE lights have an issue since they are all sealed. ive now gotta throw away half of my 400+ dollar lights and getting a new PCB from revmicro cost as much as just buying a new sealed fixture from a different maker and a wait time of over 6 weeks. Just warning others who may have high humidity rooms with possible condensation on the fixtures. Don't even think about using these in a light assisted greenhouse.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5JIB_zhVjq/