What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

" Land Of A Thousand Colas !!! Multi room PPK 26K "

whats up Gman!? Lookin damn good and I admire the work you've put in for sure!

We've got somewhat similar setups and I was wondering what your yields have been like with your firepower and plant count?

Im doing Tables but with waaay more plants which Is a shit ton of work to prepare, been thinking of going to the Ebb n Grow type system as yours is and was just looking for some type of decent result to get me to attempt it

Thnkas and keep it safe!

DunHav`nFun

Happy Ho-Ho old man.....Gladta see yas still strokin.....Respect for figurin out the patio mist setup to control RH.....looks to be workin well.....now....increased ppm`s.....

You know my thoughts on less bein more , and I also know when plant metabolism increases with increased light , then transpiration and nutrient uptake go hand in hand.....but.....

Some strains/hybrids can take the jacked up juice without showin tip burn or getting deep green for the most part and maintain with no ill effects , and mostly the Chems and Diesels are Cal/mag whores and need supplementation , but when not monocroppin , if juice levels are increased and given to all the plants instead of those in need , it does more harm than good in the long run , and yield plus quality suffers.....so.....

Your whore`s that start yellowing off early should be cal/mag foliared on the reg till they respond to the normal feed sequence , and keep the feed 6-750 ppm`s so the majority of the room won`t hit deep green and still keep poppin out foliage after end of stretch that`s a definite sign of excess N in the mix IME and no bueno......so .....

It looks to be also , the increased lumens/par/umols wtf ever as you attempt to dial watts per sq ft with the new DE fixtures as far as plant light placement/distance from said plants goes until a happy medium is found where as close to 50 watts per sq ft can be maintained without heat scorching or light bleaching but also optimal plant absorption , so the learning curve continues......no biggie....you`ll get there.....

Hardta beat 1 of the most bulletproof setups there are with ebb and flow buckets huh bro.....Keep up the killer work Gman , and here`s hopin 2015`s a bumper crop yr fer yas......Holler....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:....

gmanwho

Veteran
cocktail..... good to see you!!

DHF been awhile. thanks for the input. Good to hear your honest opinion. this new room is giving me a mental run for my money. I see what your saying, not being mono in the same system. some want the feed, some not, unbalanced. I got it to work before, an thought i'd hit the ground running but u know how that goes.

One thing that im kinda stumped on is how one group of 2-3 say stardawgs are close to being on point, then 4 buckets over theres a group of stardawgs having some serious issues. it is happening with my sour bubbles as well. so much going on lately, life, work, the rooms, new builds, loosing clones & logistics of perpetual growing....... i cant focus. need to step back again....

gonna drop back to 6/9 this rez change an light pk an run my current additives.

but on another page of my life i am partially finished with a 20x24 build out. the flower room will only be 13x20 of that but perfect for the 24 max i can run anyways.. that thread i will start next week... im alreadly 15k an 400+ man hours on the build..

thanks for the input dhf... hope you 2015 goes well too!!!!

be well an b-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
won`t hit deep green and still keep poppin out foliage after end of stretch that`s a definite sign of excess N in the mix IME and no bueno......so .....

Thought about this for a second an maybe i shouldve used different wording. the pistols are busting out an stacking inside the calyx's. not foxtailing. i think you are refering to foxtailing as being a sign of high n in late flower?? aprreciate the suggestions dhf,

b-safe..

DrFever

Veteran
horizontal killing it again as usual them Vert donut girls should read this thread learn a thing or to

gmanwho

Veteran
horizontal killing it again as usual them Vert donut girls should read this thread learn a thing or to

to this date some of my best yields an quality are from vert bulbs. i was averaging 2 a 1000w light. 1.5-1.75 to a 600. My 2nd room i am constructing now will be vert bulbs under parabolic hoods.

DrFever

Veteran
to this date some of my best yields an quality are from vert bulbs. i was averaging 2 a 1000w light. 1.5-1.75 to a 600. My 2nd room i am constructing now will be vert bulbs under parabolic hoods.

TMU quality is strain dependent , tbh you can't really compare vert and a parabolic as they require 2 differnt styles of setup .... a parabolic works with a more conventional style of growing, lighting the plants from above whereas vert lights focuses mainly on lighting the plants from the side so in a sense your going to be running vert bulb in a parabolic hood and using its reflection to actually throw the par to the plant ??? does it make sense not really is it worth it ???
In my opinion, and it's only mine, A parabolic hood is completely going against what you are trying to achieve.
Hanging a light vertically means the light is beaming out sideways, and heat is rising.
Why trap all the heat? There is next to no lumens eacaping up top, and so what. The ceiling will send them back down. The parabolic captures the heat and sends it downwards, meaning it's affecting your temps negatively. It still has to bee removed.
Vertical lights emmit their lumens in a 360 degree angle. So everywhere get the exact same anount of light.
The difference is when you hang a light vertically and then grow horizontally. You cannot get the coverage you need to sucessfully light the plants. Sorry mate, but to me it seems that you have missed the point. It's one way or the other.
But, each to their own. It's not my intention to tell you you are wrong and we are right. You, like I did, will find things out for yourself.
It's part of the fun. As long as you are getting what you need from YOUR set up, and are enjoying doing it, then I say Good luck.

gmanwho

Veteran
drfever..... ya it takes genetics to get quality, but then how you grow it changes how high your quality turns out. i always have gotten quality differences witihin the same garden, same batch of clones an only 3 ft away from its each other.

so this was my last runs with vertical bulbs within a 4ft parabolic. on a 1k bulb about a 1/3rd to half the bulb would be outside the reflector. hanging below the lower reflector part of the reflector rim. Maybe some of these pics may change your mind.... most of these where after the flush an before chop. an chances are if the pistols where orange i was to behind on trimming an they prob started to die off..

appreciate the conversation how else we gonna learn.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DunHav`nFun

Don`t mind Dr F Bro , he`s the resident "vert troll" and never misses a chance to belittle and demean vertical bare bulb setups , but he`s a kid so try not to feed him too much and maybe he`ll give it a rest......hopefully....bless his heart....now....

I wasn`t referring to the foxtailing but rather tapering off all aspects of nitrogen in your juice after full swellage has begun in like late week 5-6 strain dependent , so the plant will cannibalize itself and use all residuals left in bigger fans and petioles .......

Heath and Krusty both never flushed but rather dwindled down ppm`s toward chop and let the plants yellow themselves off without starving em in the last 7-14 days that most folks flush straight water with....

Takes playing with trial and error on how much micro to drop and how much more PK to add to keep ppm`s consistent at 6-750 and not yo-yo-ing up and down , but once figured out the plants will respond accordingly and bottom line returns will increase guaranteed , and ppm`s end up in the mid 100`s +/- with time and doin it...then proper slow dry and proper cure leaches all else outta the plants ftw....anyways...

Just tryin ta help from all them yrs....You da man G...Keep strokin......

Peace....DHF.....:ying:......

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
In the first pic of post #53, is that a diy cool tube on that parabolic? If so I fucking love it!!!!!! Looks like some mcgyver shit I would do!!!!!!! The buds look fantastic as well!!!! Mouth watering delicious!!!

gmanwho

Veteran
In the first pic of post #53, is that a diy cool tube on that parabolic? If so I fucking love it!!!!!! Looks like some mcgyver shit I would do!!!!!!! The buds look fantastic as well!!!! Mouth watering delicious!!!

it is a " Bake a round " pyrex baking tube. Ebay baby, can get them for under $20 last i knew. i only had 1 tube in a 1000w then, an i had it "cooled" for the duration, the 600's where fine bare bulb.

bsafe