What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACMPR Personal-Use Production ... current wait time?

pug1010

Hi all:)

Thought it might be worthwhile (for all those in a similar situation to me waiting for HC to approve an ACMPR Personal-Use Production application) to get an idea of how long the current wait is.

I tried to call today and was put on hold for two hours and when knock-off time came around ... was disconnected ... lovely. From what other posters have been saying ... looks like HC will only confirm that they received the application, but not how long it willl take until approved. If those waiting and those approved can give approx times, it would really help.

So to start the ball rolling:

Application Mailed: December 15
Application Received: December 20
Application approved: approx 12 weeks since received by HC and still waiting ...

Thanks and have a great day :)

pug

Gmack

In all seriousness I would have popped some beans the day hc said they got your app. They're going to date your paperwork from that day anyways. You're out 12+ weeks because of the backlog. I have seedlings I popped in Jan. They're over 18" and I'm no green thumb.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
A friend of mine just got their production papers in the mail. They sent it away Dec 8, got it back March 14. About 14 weeks. Sad fucking state of affairs at Health Canada. My friend already got a crop off before the paperwork even showed up! Clowns!

Jonny Lan

Anybody getting paperwork to them in december will be waiting a while. Got my wifes into them october 4th and she got her cert back october 27th. Sent mine in december 2nd and I'm still waiting lmao!

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
My most recent one arrived at health Canada dec 3rd, I just got it last friday...

so you probably have 2 more weeks or so

pug1010

Thanks heaps for all the replies ... it makes the wait better. I totally understanding sticking the beans in early - normally, I would be all over it. In my case, unfortunately ... this time round ... I have to be uber legal, so will keep waiting.:)

Buddha1

Veteran
I submitted my application in early November 2016. ..but I messed up a date and HC sent it back to me, to be corrected.
It was re-submitted mid December 2016, I called to confirm all is good this time...was told it is with a clerk, with no apparent problems.

PRESENT STATUS: still waiting.

INFO EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW:

In all seriousness I would have popped some beans the day hc said they got your app. They're going to date your paperwork from that day anyways.

I asked HC about the start date of the new licenses and was told the new license are dated the same date the doctor signs the medical document.

Example:If your doctor dated the medical document Nov.3/2016 and u recieved your license Feb. 23/2017...You have been legal 3 months and 20 days.
Nov.3/2016 is when your 12 months begins and Nov.3/2017 is when your license expires and has to be renewed.

I would suggest...if NOT covered by the injunction and you antisipate no problems with your application...start growing the day your doctor signs your medical document...you are legal as soon as your doctor signs and dates your medical document.

If you are covered by the injunction...continue the status quo...growing your medicine and waiting for your license.

Peace...B

silvi

As I stated before it took 99 days from the time they received my renewal application to the time I received it back. My average wait time on the phone to them was over an hour each of the 2 times I phoned. As others have indicated this is unacceptable. Tell me why we can't do this over the net, it would more than likely speed things up, but I guess Can post needs the cash!
smile.gif

junglestrikeguy

Probably because HC would actually have to pay for a new system, but there's really no reason you can't do most of this online.

They can't even pay federal employees properly though, so I wouldn't hold my breath at waiting for them to modernize something from the early 2000's.

Highcountry

Doctor already said you're legal. Go grow.

Terrible advice... You're not legal till you get approved from health Canada. Papers need to be in your hands. I was busted back in November. No charges, but I lost all 75 of my plants. I was waiting to be approved at that time. The cop was being really nice. Could have been much worse.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Probably because HC would actually have to pay for a new system, but there's really no reason you can't do most of this online.

They can't even pay federal employees properly though, so I wouldn't hold my breath at waiting for them to modernize something from the early 2000's.

Have you seen the shitstorm created trying to digitize health records?

Bloody doctors started threatening to walk. Granted a government trying to roll out any new program is a joke.

See Taxes. Why even create that system if I still have to go elsewhere to create a tax file?

zoic

Terrible advice... You're not legal till you get approved from health Canada. Papers need to be in your hands. I was busted back in November. No charges, but I lost all 75 of my plants. I was waiting to be approved at that time. The cop was being really nice. Could have been much worse.

Did you not read post # 11 by buddha1? He called Health Canada and got the straight up answer. Who did you verify your information with?

Gmack

Cops are idiots and ignorant of the laws and regulations surrounding medical marijuana. Sorry you lost your garden. I stand by my original comments. As soon as your doctors signs you are legal to grow in the eyes of the courts.

home_piece

Did you not read post # 11 by buddha1? He called Health Canada and got the straight up answer. Who did you verify your information with?

I'd be cautious in accepting the word of a faceless HC desk jockey over the phone... Without looking at the Regulation too closely I bet it is worded along the line of "legal once registered".

Otherwise, why send anything to them at all after your Dr signs?

Highcountry

When your licence comes in the mail there's an information sheet with it. The second sentence says "You may only start producing marijuana plants once you receive a Health Canada registration certificate." This info came straight from health Canada.

Highcountry

As soon as your doctors signs you are legal to grow in the eyes of the courts.

Again, not true. This is just your opinion. Maybe you won't get charged? Maybe the charges will be thrown out of court? The police will shut you down if you're caught growing without health Canada's approval. Why? Because you are not technically legal. Doctors can't determine who can grow and who can't. They don't check your criminal record or check to see if you were busted while under the old systems. It would be nice if they could but that's not how the current system works.
I don't want to discourage anyone from growing their own medicine while waiting for health Canada's approval but people should know that you can still get in trouble.