You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Soil SIP vs Earthbox

Thread Title Search
Soil SIP vs Earthbox Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2018, 09:34 PM #21
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannavore View Post
pretty good. i bought some more lol too lazy to make my own.

View Image
are you using the grokashi as a top amendment?

my next step is to go organic and I was looking into this method or using 10gl pots of promix and feeding them insect frass tea A-Z.

https://www.onfrass.com/docs/Feeding%20chart_Hydro.pdf
WaxyTaxi is offline Quote

Old 01-02-2018, 09:45 PM #22
Cannavore

Cannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxyTaxi View Post
are you using the grokashi as a top amendment?

my next step is to go organic and I was looking into this method or using 10gl pots of promix and feeding them insect frass tea A-Z.

https://www.onfrass.com/docs/Feeding%20chart_Hydro.pdf
yes i top dress with grokashi. let the mycelium take hold (usually within 24hrs). then i make a EWC slurry and apply it directly on top of the mycelium layer (sometimes i sprinkle more grokashi as well).

the growth rate in SIP is stellar and it's so easy. looking into SIP bed(s) next.
Cannavore is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:53 PM #23
Cannavore

Cannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond reputeCannavore has a reputation beyond repute
couple videos that sparked my interest in SIP

The Earthbox and Probiotic Farming - Kevin Jodrey, Patrick King and Alan Albin Adkisson
https://youtu.be/xpopShfmyrY

Probiotic Farming with Alan Adkisson (MUSICAL CUT)
https://youtu.be/hGaKwAd3Mbw
Cannavore is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2018, 02:32 AM #24
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
alans video was dope, he seems to know his shit.

any good links to how sips are setup on the mag?

also how does one flush in an earthbox system?
WaxyTaxi is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2018, 04:30 PM #25
moonymonkey

moonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the rough
Arrow

high...only thing i know to do is pour water over the top of soil,only total 2 gallons at a time thats all the resovior holds,then drain that out the over flow hole..pain in butt..i use 5gallons of soil at a time and a moisture meter an probe it in diff. places and eye them to see if they look like they need water and box gets light way.moisture meter between 1-2.thats me...i think the biggest thing for me was mixing the soil with enough water to mak it clump up wen squeezed,break apart if poked for 1 gallon water to 5 gallons of soil,plant the plants water the some ,not to much... DO NOT FILL THE RESOVIOR for me until the box gets light,i use 1 gallon 17 ounces to start.same thing with starting seedlings in this,soil is mixed planted no resovior not filled until its light weight to start some time its 3-4 weeks moisture meter 1-2 prbed in diff. ends of box.peace moon/
moonymonkey is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2018, 04:33 PM #26
moonymonkey

moonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the rough
cannavore,thnx for the links++

Old 01-07-2018, 04:40 PM #27
Gr33nSanta

If you have done a proper SIP you will see after harvest how much that upper layer has dried out. No shortage of oxygen in a SIP.

After transplanting I water from above the first time and then I'm good for 2 weeks ish and then after I fill the reservoir every 5 days. I do them all at once. So easy. No guess work!

In my grow journal (link in signature) and my youtube channel (links all over my journal) you can see many SIP grows.

The first was almost 2 years ago and have since converted to almost all SIPs.

So yeah, 2 of my SIPS have been in the grow room since March 2016.

I love them SIPs!

Old 01-07-2018, 05:09 PM #28
moonymonkey

thnx for posting gr33nsanta+ always want to see what others are doing with there sipper boxes..what fertilizers do you use? I'm under 300wats of 4ft 40 watt dual fixtures..

Old 01-07-2018, 05:39 PM #29
Gr33nSanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonymonkey View Post
thnx for posting gr33nsanta+ always want to see what others are doing with there sipper boxes..what fertilizers do you use? I'm under 300wats of 4ft 40 watt dual fixtures..
that is the part where I am experimenting. My mix the last couple of years, a bit of a hit and miss I am not gonna lie, is simply vermiculite and or perlite with unfinished hillbilly style vermicompost/cold compost.

No amendments.

Ingredients in my compost are constantly changing depending on the time of the year but I guess coffee ground and comfrey would be the most regulars.

This last round I watered all my SIPs with mild liquid seaweed and I might have to start amending at some point but so far everything is working out alright. Like I said my compost mix is really not proper and not consistent and some genetics are simply not as demanding.

For the most part at harvest, depending how much room I have at the top of the sip, I might pull and replant or leave the stalks there and replant next to them, top dress with compost AND worms (always worms in my soil mix since its mostly vermicasting)

sorry my message is all over the place. Maybe I ll post a proper tutorial on my SIPs in my journal at some point if people want to see.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:22 AM #30
moonymonkey

Cool

hey thnx++ i would like to see the tutorial,always want to know what others are doing.. was thinking seaweed to before i read the post..good stuff....peace mm/

Last edited by moonymonkey; 01-08-2018 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: misspelled