What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Diesel IBL X OG Bx1 From JLP

L

Lune TNS

Got mine today, of course just afew days ago I germed some other beans so they won't be in this run, but next time they wil def. make the cut. Thanks again JLP, youre the man. :rasta:

G

nice, i should see mine by the middle of next week, the postman comes by on dog sled twice a week up here. I am super excited about these, the ogbx1 is stellar!

OriginalMan

On the first page of this thread there is a link to a JLP grow (i'm assuming) of this cross....

BTW I called my safe addy and No beans today....should be here monday :joint:

supernerd

OriginalMan said:
On the first page of this thread there is a link to a JLP grow (i'm assuming) of this cross....

BTW I called my safe addy and No beans today....should be here monday :joint:

It was deleted.

Dr.NO

That was to get the beans and it contained those pics on the first page also. When the beans were all gone he said he would delete the thread. Mondays my day too can't wait.

est1977

Just an Update

Just an Update

all of my seeds germed in 14 hours i cant wait to see what i get thanx again Jlp
pics are forth comming!!! :jump:

Last edited:
Sounds good to me...Mine were white, and looked really different then a seed ive seen, Im hoping all mine work, They all sunk within 4 hours of germing in a cup of water, right when i see the root tip cracking im going to put them in a pot...Ill make a thread for the grow, Once they get up to size.

D0nC0smic

got mine, wow the post is moving fast the last few days, i was by no means one of the earliest one to reply to him, but my beans came in the mail today, much thanks to JLP

G

Well i dont have the back x but have 4 of the origeganal og x sd. the are almost 2 months old now. 1 male a nice thin leafed close branching pheno. 3 female one of them a sativa looking pheno and the other 2 very og looking. going into flower within the next two weeks. will have pics soon. thanks JLP

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Could someone help me out with the name thing. I understand the SD IBL its the OG Bx1 that has me boggled.

Firstly...does OG stand for orginal green? (not overgrow)

Secondly I am clueless what the Bx1 means.

Thanks.

minds_I

My beans start next week when I have an opening in the cycle...Very excited about these buds...these are Christmas buds to share.

B

Brother_Monk

OG, to the best of my reccolection, from reading all of the threads about it, stands for Ocean Grown. Because the first of it's kind was grown beside the ocean. And this is SugeNite's OG Kush am I correct? So I think a proper name for it should incorporate all of the afformentioned.
SourSugePacificDiesel. Yeah, I know it's way too long. But that should get things started in the right direction. Perhaps some suggestions and then a poll. That is of course unless JLP has something already in mind. Like SourDiesel IBL x OGBx#1 lol!

:ying:

Last edited:
H

Hal

minds_I said:

Yeah, OG is Ocean Grown, I believe.

Bx1 referrs to back-crossed one time, which I believe means that a male offspring from two parent plants is used to pollenate the original mother. I think this reinforces the phenotypes that are from the parent generation.

I'm sure someone can explain that much better than I just did. I really got to do some reading on this genetics thing. Very interesting.

Fat Albert

minds_I said:
Hello all,

Could someone help me out with the name thing. I understand the SD IBL its the OG Bx1 that has me boggled.

Hey Minds_I,

The Bx 1 is short for 'first backcross'. It means that the original OG was crossed with something else, and an outstanding male was chosen from that generation. That male was then crossed with its OG mother, resulting in seeds that were 75% OG Kush/25% something else. From what I understand, the backcross decreased yield slightly, but increased the 'OG-ness' of the resulting bud.

As to what 'OG' stands for, all I keep hearing in my head is Ice-T's classic "O.G.: Original Gangsta", so I guess I'm as curious as you are!

Hope that helps,

Fat A! :wave:

M

multiplier

this is a really good looking x .. i would love to see some more of these grown out!