What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Getting ready

I do a greenhouse in central BC(53n I think). At the moment I'm growing out a handful of seeds that are supposed to have a 6 week frosty Kush. I have them in a tent under T5's strictly to find a early finishing mother for the spring. I outsourced another handful to see what kind of early pheno they can find. My greenhouse is going to be more about extraction now I think. Hard to sell flower of anything other that top shelf elite indoors now. I have that covered.

I don't need to go with some of the low quality early finishing outdoor strains. I have lots of experience with those back in the 90's. I get sun right into Nov where I am. It's just a matter of heating the green house. I can be down first 3rd of Oct with a decent early strain before dealing with random Oct snow.

If I don't find that pheno I'm looking for, I have a pack of Sugar Black Rose early version. I have time to grow those out in my tent for pheno identification. They are not auto flowers. Just need to take clones while the mothers are very young before they go hairy. I only fit 6 decent sized plants in there anyways.

Northernfarmer you run the sbr early outdoors before? I ran some of delicious early crosses indoors last year but didn't end up running any outside. This year I'm going to try all four early versions they are currently offering (SBR being one of them)

Northernfarmer you run the sbr early outdoors before? I ran some of delicious early crosses indoors last year but didn't end up running any outside. This year I'm going to try all four early versions they are currently offering (SBR being one of them)

I have the pack but never tried it before(or any of their earlies). I ordered on a whim... but I have 4 or 5 dozen packs of seeds at any time. I'll never grow out some things I ordered when I was stoned. It wont be nearly as greasy as SBR standard version.

I haven't had a problem finishing strains like Dutch Treat and Hollands Hope in my green house in past years. I may just go with Dutch Treat in the end. Its Terpy.. good size and will be in before our sun typically starts hiding behind the weather most days.

hamstring

Veteran

Hey doc I ran a SBR outdoors last year.

Getting ready to me means lots and lots of windshield time and Google Earth oh! and binoculars lots of bino time. Driving by spots 5 or 6 times looking for entrance and exit locations. Analyzing the distances to parks, towns and forest preserves. Anywhere you can park.

I put a 10 mile bike limit from the car. Sometimes I add a kayak ride after the bike. Thats the perfect trifecta for a Guerrilla .

I having been a guerrilla for over 30 yrs. Twenty of them I have had a job where much of your work week is spent driving . That has always helped me.

Finding a great multi-year grow site is like hunting unicorns. :tiphat:

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
I've grown some homeade crosses the last couple of years. I wanted to see what they would do and if it was repeatable. I got almost a pound outdoors last year and we thought it smelled kinda funky and cheesy. With some underlying berry notes... some sorts skunk thing. It did great. I trust it. I'm ready for a new variety this year.
Some sssdh x bubbagoo. Tested one last year. That's my sativa dom. May do a couple of those
And black widow x erdpurt has me curious. I found a widow male and want to see if that does anything like they say.
But I really wanna do a proper haze this year

Spaventa

Veteran
Ive decided a few things for my Guerrilla but still working out other things. It will be auto fem genetics all the way because Im too far north for anything else. I will have to see what they say are good ones.