What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tuesday Raids in Three Counties Included Seizure of $80 Million in Marijuana Plants,

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
A team of investigators led by the Grays Harbor County Drug Task Force executed search warrants at suspected marijuana grow operations tended by Chinese nationals in Grays Harbor, Thurston and King counties this week, resulting in the confiscation of an estimated $80 million or more in plants.

Starting at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, investigators began executing 50 search warrants. The raids resulted in 44 arrests, 26 vehicle confiscations, and the seizure of guns and other items of value, according to the sheriff’s office.

Marijuana plants, cash, gold and equipment and chemicals were seized after a series of raids in three Western Washington counties Tuesday.
Investigators also found $400,000 in cash and gold and seized 32,449 marijuana plants.

The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office and the county’s Joint Narcotic Enforcement team were among more than two dozen agencies participating in Tuesday’s raids.

Illegal Pot Raids Shock Neighbors in Grays Harbor County

Illegal marijuana grows involving Chinese nationals in states that have legalized marijuana are becoming increasingly common, said Chief Criminal Deputy Steve Shumate, of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office.

“Throughout the western United States pretty much any state that’s legal you’ll see there have been big busts,” he said.

While no warrants were served in Lewis County Tuesday, several similar raids have been conducted in the county in the past year.

As of October, JNET had served warrants at five grow operations and seized 6,000 plants since December 2106.

Weed Busts Begin Producing Court Appearances

Law enforcement agencies from New York and the East Coast helped local agencies in investigations of marijuana grows in Lewis County, according to information previously provided by JNET.

In late September, JNET executed a similar search warrant on Senn Road in Napavine, seizing 2,500 growing plants and arresting two men Jian Ming Zhu, 61, and Jin Liang Tan, 36, who most recently lived in San Francisco.

The men were suspected of being part of a marijuana trafficking operation on the West Coast between Washington and California.

According to court documents, Tan told police he tends both of the grows raided on Sept. 27 and said he transports “large amounts of marijuana to Seattle in exchange for $900 per pound.”

In October, deputies arrested Jing Ming Gao, 55, of Brooklyn, New York, in a “makeshift bedroom” in a Vader marijuana grow located in a barn. Gao was not immediately charged.

“Additional suspects have been identified in this investigation and warrants will be requested for their arrests,” according to a news release from JNET at the time.

The investigation that led to Tuesday’s warrants started when citizens in Grays Harbor County reported possible illegal marijuana grows in the Elma area. After police in McCleary, Aberdeen and Hoquiam also received complaints, the Grays Harbor task force took over the investigation.

Raids on Pot Grow Houses Finding More Chinese Nationals, Mysterious Financing

In the past four months, the task force learned suspects were buying homes for the purpose of setting up marijuana grows. Most were purchased with cash, and the purchases were conducted by “Chinese nationals involved in organized crime,” according to the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office.

“The proceeds from these illegal grows appear to be funding other criminal enterprises,” according to the sheriff’s office.

Shumate said investigations in other parts of the country have showed that organized criminal enterprises have brought groups of people from China to the western United States specifically to tend the illegal grows.

He said local investigators are still working to determine where all of the people arrested Tuesday were from, how they got here and where the profits from the massive grows were headed.

“Obviously that money is going somewhere,” Shumate said.

Investigators suspect the trail will head to the East Coast, he said, where marijuana’s street value is higher.

Of the 50 warrants executed, 38 were in Grays Harbor County, split between Hoquiam, Aberdeen, Grayland, Ocean Shores, Cosmopolis, Montesano, Elma and McCleary addresses.

Eight warrants were served in Bellevue, Kent and Medina in King County, and four were served in Olympia and Lacey.

The grows not only had no valid state licenses, but in some cases were set up in areas off limits to legal grows, such as houses near schools, according to the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office.

“There is a tremendous amount of work left to do for this massive investigation,” states a press release issued Wednesday from the sheriff’s office. “We again want to thank all of our federal, state and local partners who assisted with this significant operation.”

http://www.chronline.com/organized-...cle_3e7e7498-d608-11e7-bb95-3b6a6534e241.html

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/crime/sheriff-pot-growers-didnt-know-they-were-breaking-law/495865630

Good. Fuxk all the illegals no matter where there from they are coming here renting/buying houses and tapping power and completely ruining the market. Where I'm at you can't help but run into some illegal that's tapping power and selling indoor 1500 a pound. Fuck them all. Can't pay your power bill then don't grow fucking pieces of shit.

I can drive you around my town and literally point out over 10 houses that are being tapped and I mean no exaggeration at all, by some illegal and their busting out 20 30 light ops. And those are just the ones I know about. In my area its mostly Hispanics and Asians doing this. There is a fair share of whites and other races doing it. But know a lot of people and easily 80 percent that's tapping and ruining the market is Hispanics and Asians that is from my personal experiance. By the way I could care less your color or nationality. Its just fact as I see it with my own eyes as its unfolding in my own home city.
:(

M

moose eater

Well, they appear to have mastered the whole ,"Go big, or go home.." thing. But they seem to have added, "Go big, get popped, and be -sent- home.. as in.. back to China..." as that's probably where Uncle Sam will send Chinese Nationals involved in such antics... though maybe after serving some federal time.

Canned Heat sang, 'Speed Kills' in the tune 'Amphetamine Annie.' I've always thought they should've done a re-write, using the lyrics "Greed kills."

I've seen greed cause almost as much carnage as speed.. maybe more..

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Do you even carbon filter bro?:biggrin:
5a204a4bc2d05.image.jpg

5a2062b9ee711.image.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Its probably much cheaper to send the Chinese people over to grow it there in the US, than it is to grow it in China then ship it.

Very industrious people the Chinese, they built a good chunk of Americas infrastructure over the past 2-300 years.

This all sounds like you could make some sort of historical correlation in reverse with a comparison to 'The Opium Wars' many years ago when the British were in control of the Asian opium trade, and got much of China smoking opium....Hmm or is that a bit far fetched? You can't really compare cannabis to opium I suppose.....anyway, interesting piece of history :

http://www.victorianweb.org/history/empire/opiumwars/opiumwars1.html

M

moose eater

Its probably much cheaper to send the Chinese people over to grow it there in the US, than it is to grow it in China then ship it.

Very industrious people the Chinese, they built a good chunk of Americas infrastructure over the past 2-300 years.

This all sounds like you could make some sort of historical correlation in reverse with a comparison to 'The Opium Wars' many years ago when the British were in control of the Asian opium trade, and got much of China smoking opium....Hmm or is that a bit far fetched? You can't really compare cannabis to opium I suppose.....anyway, interesting piece of history :

https://www.victorianweb.org/history/empire/opiumwars/opiumwars1.html

'Bout 22-24 years ago, there were groups of Mexican nationals who'd been set up in rentals to tend crops in Anchorage, Ak.. The folks running the show had left them with spiral notebooks and very specific instructions re. tending the crops.

Costs were kept to a minimum; no ventilation for excess moisture, etc. The rentals turned to piles of shit from the moisture rotting sheet-rock and floors.

No recollection of what the poor bastards doing the actual farming were being paid, but I don't think it was very much.. Few of them were English-speaking, and the folks who'd left the instructions in the notebooks, to my memory, never got named, let alone indicted. (I knew one of the attorneys who caught a part of the case).

The 'tenders' all agreed to testify against one another for a plea bargain involving seriously reduced time. So, with everyone cutting a deal, no one who didn't cut a deal getting indicted, the primary movers and shakers skating scot free, it amounted to very little time in prison in the end.

Property owners who'd rented the homes were pissed off, as they were looking at TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars in repairs and renovations per residence..

The OTHER side of what we enjoy doing, or do to make ends meet. When done irresponsibly, with little respect for the owners of the property used (in the case of rentals), it has a way of turning would-be supporters dead-set against our cause.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
In the past four months, the task force learned suspects were buying homes for the purpose of setting up marijuana grows. Most were purchased with cash, and the purchases were conducted by “Chinese nationals involved in organized crime,” according to the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office.

Looks like they were buying up homes, rather than renting them, probably creating quite a property portfolio at the same time. Literally growing for property.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
32,000+ plants. Holy shit. I can't imagine that indoors. Must have been quite a crew to maintain that. I'm doubting quality was very good in the end product though.

M

moose eater

Looks like they were buying up homes, rather than renting them, probably creating quite a property portfolio at the same time. Literally growing for property.

Yeah, I'd noted the difference in contrast, and respect them for using their own property, though it may be as much a matter of security, preventing snooping landlords from being in less than opportune places at the wrong time.

And both Chinese and Mexican nationals have furthered this Country's goals throughout the years.. Railroads crossing the west, service related jobs during boom periods, such as the various gold rushes, etc., etc.

The comparison was mostly by way of the folks who labor for the lesser-seen, who rarely sit in front of a judge when the shit hits the fan.

Gry

The first drug laws in america were targeted at chinese nationals imported by the railroads as labor.

Americangrower

Veteran
$900 a LB...no wonder our economy sucks..I guess Trump was right Chinese are fokking us..
Oh I need to go to that police auction for some used grow equipment.

Gry

the chinese had been imported by the railroad to break the strikes of irish labor, which had been brought in by the railroad to keep the price of american labor low..

https://www.victorianweb.org/history/empire/opiumwars/opiumwars1.html

Gypsy I mean zero disrespect but you really think there shopping Chinese from China simply because you think it makes it cheaper for them?

I thought you of all people would know you can be executed for growing cannabis in China and due to that the cost of a pound is over 10kusd and even more for premium bud.

They come to the states and blow up ops because the risk level goes from the death penalty to a slap o the wrist and being deported

They would make way more money gròw8nt in China but they would also but caught and killed in less than a year probsbly

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gypsy I mean zero disrespect but you really think there shopping Chinese from China simply because you think it makes it cheaper for them?

I thought you of all people would know you can be executed for growing cannabis in China and due to that the cost of a pound is over 10kusd and even more for premium bud.

They come to the states and blow up ops because the risk level goes from the death penalty to a slap o the wrist and being deported

They would make way more money gròw8nt in China but they would also but caught and killed in less than a year probsbly

Back in the 1980's I met a couple of fine fella's from Sierra Leone in Hong Kong, they were studying Mandarin Chinese and to help pay for their studies every couple of months they would both travel to the far west of China and pick up a big back-pack each full of dry sifted unpressed hashish, then travel back to Hong Kong where it was pressed and distributed. They told me about huge fields of cannabis openly growing back then, and they attributed their success with smuggling all of that dry sift out of China by the fact that they were both as black as the ace of spades and the Chinese would hardly look at them, let alone try to touch or search them because of their looks.

Maybe ten or more years ago I ran into Rob Clark and he had been doing research on Chinese cannabis, in China.....so I'm sure the plant is growing there, although I haven't actually ventured into that part of the globe myself.....yet.

If it is as I envision then there are probably quite a few Chinese people involved in the cannabis industry in China who might well be recruited by the 14k or Sun Ying On triad (or whoever) to go abroad and continue with their profession in countries where the end product might reach a much higher price than it would do back in China, with as you say, much less risk.

geneva_sativa

Chun King Mansion lots of interesting folks about. . . take care though curious travelers. . . people really have disappeared in the labyrinths of that place.

China sure does have Cannabis growing in many areas and I have heard some reports from insiders that there is serious talk of medical business opening up there.

Jackie Chan's son got some trouble cause he was caught smoking and spent few months in jail . . . Jackie made national apology for the incident and nice to see him and son making movies together now.

oldchuck

Veteran
Why do they show up here now when prices are dropping fast? Why haven't they been here all along, or have they been?