What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

Repuk: keep me posted on how the cob cured bho turns out! I'm super curious how the cure affects the final outcome. Fyi my experience with well cured older material is it tends to turn out dark amber and gets really stony.

Tazzie: the candyland seeds came straight from Ken Estes online seed store. My buddy grew them out and gave me 2 different cuts. I believe it's a cross involving bay 11, platinum cookies and grand daddy purple. They smell fruity, sweet and have a touch of funk to them. Bud structure is stacked golf ball buds that are coated with greasy resin. Both were topped and scrogged. They didn't stretch too much and were fairly trouble free growing. I'm probably going to keep a mother of the #4 cut as it finished a little faster and smells better.

The CL #4 got cut down tonight and CL #5 will get chopped tomorrow. Once dried I'll assess how much will get blasted or jarred and cured. Smoke and concentrate reports to follow.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are quite the pot scientist Frozen. How does the Cindy smoke? Quite sativa and trippy I guess? I have a couple going, excited about them. Guess you did not get the Cindy tested for thc.

I just smoked some Wedding Cake and for me it is underwhelming. Indica buzz, nice I guess. Not exciting. The Highland Guerrero I had after rocked me though.

Repuk: keep me posted on how the cob cured bho turns out! I'm super curious how the cure affects the final outcome. Fyi my experience with well cured older material is it tends to turn out dark amber and gets really stony.

Tazzie: the candyland seeds came straight from Ken Estes online seed store. My buddy grew them out and gave me 2 different cuts. I believe it's a cross involving bay 11, platinum cookies and grand daddy purple. They smell fruity, sweet and have a touch of funk to them. Bud structure is stacked golf ball buds that are coated with greasy resin. Both were topped and scrogged. They didn't stretch too much and were fairly trouble free growing. I'm probably going to keep a mother of the #4 cut as it finished a little faster and smells better.

The CL #4 got cut down tonight and CL #5 will get chopped tomorrow. Once dried I'll assess how much will get blasted or jarred and cured. Smoke and concentrate reports to follow.

Cheers thats on my list next but first i will be doing my kings banner keep up the good work frozenfire

You are quite the pot scientist Frozen. How does the Cindy smoke? Quite sativa and trippy I guess? I have a couple going, excited about them. Guess you did not get the Cindy tested for thc.

I just smoked some Wedding Cake and for me it is underwhelming. Indica buzz, nice I guess. Not exciting. The Highland Guerrero I had after rocked me though.

The cindy was lab tested, and came in just under 20% thc. She is a great sativa smoke. It's clear headed, no paranoia, and rather energetic in reasonable doses. She will lay you put if you get carried away. Smoke wasn't expansive or cough inducing. Flavor / smell wise she is tropical fruit and sweet early cure. Late cure she gets a tropical fruit with funk undertones. My pheno was at 100% cloudy trics in 7 weeks with amber showing up in week 8. Yeild was reasonable. But not heavy with the pheno I kept. The new brothers Grimm c99 has new genetics, but myself and everyone who samples her really like her. Lots of phenos that have purple in them. This strain does really well with bho extraction as well. I recommend fresh frozen extraction as the fresh Terps are amazingly fruity, floral, and turns out like golden shatter consistently.

picture.php

picture.php

Last run of c99 #3
picture.php

Here's an example of the typical hd #1 bud. Fluffy and resin coated. After a few weeks of curing she smells like sweet berries and something else I can't put my finger on. Great smoke! Definitely sativa in effects. The high is up beat, focused, and may lead to cleaning the house or organizing the grow room.

picture.php

Candy Land #4 with a quick wet trim. The rest of the plant is going to be dry trimmed. I get a much better dry/cure with a longer drying time with leaves attached. Way stronger smell than by wet trimming. Anyhow density is impressive and I'm expecting rock hard buds after drying.

picture.php

I'm trying something new with candyland #5. The main colas have been cut down. I'll let the mid canopy run another week or so. Colas are at cloudy tricome stage. Mid canopy will see 20% amber before harvest.

Sneak peak at candyland #5
picture.php

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I try that every time the schedule let’s me. I have no idea if it effects yield but the lower buds definitely finish and look nicer than they did the week or so earlier. I am just now running a few runs of the brothers c99. I like it and the c99 x Durban right now. Nice work, those flowers are frosty.

The undercurrent side keeps getting better and better! The copper chem #5 has caught up to HD #1 height wise. Both of them are currently over 5' tall. It appears the hd #1 is mostly done stretching.... CC #5 I'm pretty sure has a little left to go. It looks like I'll have to put that light against the ceiling. This is a first for that tent. I don't think weight will be an issue on that side of the tent. The HD #2 is building some dense colas already. I honestly didn't expect the plants to get near this big on this run.

picture.php

picture.php

Here's what 16 days of growth looks like. First picture is when the back 2 plants were at day 12 and the front 2 plants were beginning day 1 of bloom. I thought I had a reasonable shot at a close to even canopy. Boy was I ever wrong. Second picture is 16 days later and it looks like a complete mess. Oh well at least the plants are happy.

System info:
DIY undercurrent 4 site system- all parts from home depot and Walmart.

630w de cmh 4200k bulb/ballast https://www.ceramicsolutions.us

Hood is a hydrofarm de open reflector

Nutrients in use are maxi grow, maxibloom, calmag plus, and orca. Powered koolbloom will be used starting this week.

Ppm has been between 1100 and a little over 1200. Res temp is a stable 66. Ph is pretty stable between 6.1 and 6.3. There is barely any ph drift or ppm drift over the course of a week at a time. Water and nutrients are added once a week. Reservour total is roughly 75 gallons. Worth noting that I am on the second bloom cycle with the same reservoir. As in I didnt drain it and start with fresh nutrient solution between runs. All I do is top off with fresh water and nutrients. I do adjust strength and additives depending on what the girls are telling me. So far it looks like the plants don't mind. This is a big change from when I first started. I used to change out reservoirs 2 to 3 times in bloom when I was running 5g bucket dwc. I'm definitely a fan of undercurrent for running a multiple plant site system. Lots of time and hassle saved adjusting the reservoir from an external tank. Having to lift plants out of each individual bucket, mix solution per bucket, and transfer water from across the house, are no longer issues I have to deal with. So here's the plant growth comparison over a 16 day span.

picture.php

picture.php

Day 36 of bloom and I noticed something interesting with hulks dream #1. The stems of the colas are coated in trichomes. I've never noticed this with anything else I've grown. Have any of y'all seen this before?

picture.php

Up next is candy land #4 and #5. #4 is green, coated in trichomes, and quite pungent. #5 has lovely purple highlights and is a lighter floral/sweet/earthy smell. Both are still curing so anything is possible aroma wise.

picture.php

picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Awesome looking bud!
I've seen frosty stems before - that one is looking really promising!
It might be worth it to try a pure stem bubble or dry sift if you have enough. Stems can sometimes have a very interesting terpene profile.

Sending samples off to a lab for testing! All bud being tested was from the previous round of growing. All buds have been properly dried and cured. Here is the line up:

Hulk smash #10- potency (last time tested at 25.38% thc)
Hulk smash #10 shatter- potency & terpene
Hulks dream #1- potency
Copper chem #4- potency & terpene
Copper chem #5- potency & terpene

I'm really curious on the terpene test on copper chem #5 comes out. It lost its grapefruit smell and now smells like straight household cleaner.

I got to screwing around with macro setting and manual adjustments with my spart phone camera. Got some close ups, what do yall think? I blasted some candyland #4 last
Night. Dried whole plant for a week, no cure. She reeks! Smells like you stuck your nose in my 2 year old slip on work boots with a hint of sweet berries. She is still purging and should be finished tonight. Color is a golden yellow. I've got a feeling its gonna be good. 152.6g of 50% nugs, and the rest is popcorn buds and trim. Pre final weigh in I'm guessing 23g+ yeild.

Oh and I got 67.5g of top shelf nugs that didnt get included in the blasting. All of that is in jars for curing. I'm looking forward to how cl#4 changes after cured.

Hulks dream #1
picture.php

Candyland #5
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
The bonsai moms are doing well. They aren't talked about much, But are the backbone of my garden. They are a great way to keep cuts you like and gives you the ability to take lots of clones without keeping big mother plants. They don't take up bunch of room, and they look cool. If you have enough room for a half gallon pot in a corner, I encourage y'all to give keeping a bonsai mom a try. So ages of plants on the shelf ranges from 4 months old to over a year and a half.
picture.php

Week 7 for hulks dream #1. Definitely has some purple creeping in. Fans are changing first and calyxes will have purple highlights too.

picture.php

Overall tent shot. Copper chem #5 is on week 6 and finally stopped growing it's over 6' tall. Thankfully the stalk and stems are rock hard. She reeks of chemicals and lemon/grapefruit. I'm probably not going to keep her around due to low yeild and the super stretch she has. I'll give her one more chance later with a training regimen to keep her under control.

picture.php

Overall tent shot:
picture.php

Hulk smash in dirt: low yeilder but wicked potent
picture.php

Copper chem #5: stinkiest, and tallest in tent at over 6' tall
picture.php

Hulks dream #1: frostiest by far and most colorful
picture.php

Hulks dream #2: shortest and has densest colas
picture.php

Latest posts