What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HGO's Vertical Coco RTW Grow With 2 Stacked 600's

D

DHF

I always kept the bottoms of the bare bulbs at the tops of the plants to encourage stretch till it was over and they truly were in swellage mode.....then....

I dropped it back down where the top of the mogul socket where the wire goes in was at tops of the plants till harvey....Hell......

Maybe it`s from the angle the pics were taken from , but it looks like except for the extra lumens that the top bulb`s not even needed.........so....

Have yas thought about gettin yas some shelves around the tent for more plants and usin all that light from the upper bulb blastin sideways ?........

I mean if the plants were taller they`d be making better use of the top bulb , but as said already it is addin extra lumens bouncin all around so it`s all good......

Hope your eyes are doin better and the headaches are under control my buddy....keep rockin........Colas are stackin.....

Peace...DHF....:ying:......

bobblehead

Veteran
Bro turn that heater back on! Cold night temps will inhibit growth, I posted a study about it in FHC's thread. Plants kept warm at night have better growth. Try to keep lights on/off temps within 10F or less.. what's that 3-4C? Anyway, plants do their growing at night, so they need warmer temps for their nightly cell splitting...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
DHF, Hey buddy. Yeah your right and I've been thinking about knocking the top light off but the reason I haven't is because I want the plants to stretch up into it, now that they are near it, plus the lumens will be blasting round the plants anyhow but next run I will use just the 1 bulb and keep raising it to flower stretch is over then hit 'em with the double ftw. Oh and thank you, I'm back to full health again, it was just a really bad virus that really kicked me in the nuts, I've never been as ill in a very long time.

Bobble :wave:, thanks for that info. I'll turn the heater back on tonight. I though I was being smart keeping it off at night to encourage stretch even know it went against my better judgement :biglaugh: With the heat on My temps are 68F-76F. I'll have to consider buying a new heater though, the one I have at the minute is damn 3Kw! I'd rather stick 3K woth of light in another tent at lights off than pay for that.

Most of the plants are near the top bulb now, 6 more inches and I'll be happy.

Peace bros
HGO

BldSwtTrs

I can't see the top of the light fixture due to the camera angle, but have considered using an umbrella reflector to get reflect all of that light down? I use them and must say they make a pretty big difference.

Plants are looking beautiful man. Great job.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Bld, Welcome and thank you! Personally I wouldn't use a parabolic reflector because of how my setup works. I have to keep, in a straight line, Floor Fan>Bulbs>Extraction, the floor fan blows cool air lightly up towards the bulbs and the extraction is right about the bulbs so that takes care of the heat. I can get my temps down an extra 10F by doing it like that. Personally I'm not a fan of parabolic reflectors, this diagram explains why but if they work for you then thats great.

Made by Krusty many years ago.

LiDiagramB-1.jpg

Cheers
HGO

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Wow they look lush bro, good work on getting them to pull through the stress. Wouldn't believe they had any issues looking at them now. The makings of a great donut here homie! How far is the bulb away from the plants now?

Be interesting to see if the grow tall enough to make the upper bulb useful :)

BldSwtTrs

OK got ya HGO, I understand where you are coming from. I will, however, play devils advocate here just in case you feel like changin it up some day.

I use flat top reflectors for my vertical bulbs instead of the traditional umbrella shape (apologies for calling them umbrella reflectors in my previous post). Flat reflectors don't create the "heat trap" that umbrella shaped reflectors do, but still allow for excellent reflection. I have found that by making the reflector slightly smaller than the diameter of your plant circle, the floor fan will blow the hot air created by the bulb to the sides and then up before it "bakes" your plants. Additionally, I cut a small hole directly above the bulb for immediate heat escape.

For your setup you might prefer a "funnel" shaped reflector. This is essentially an umbrella reflector with a relatively large hole cut out directly above the bulb. This will give you all of the heat escape you need. I have used these reflectors extensively with AMAZING results. In fact, I prefer these to my flat reflectors, but can't use them in my current setup due to ceiling constrictions. Your floor fan will simply push all of the hot air directly through the hole.

I soon plan on converting all of my reflection to orca liner as I hear amazing things. My mentality is that every lumen saved is a lumen earned. I am confident you could create a reflection scheme that would suit your purposes.

Here are a couple of pictures of my current reflectors in action. I wish I had some pics of my "funnel" reflectors, but they were deleted a while back.

picture.php

picture.php

Anyway man looks great. Some of the healthiest looking ladies I have seen.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
^^ gotta say I'm with bldswttrs on using a reflector if your still gonna run the other light. Then drop the other light lower into canopy while the higher reflected light helps produce some donkey cawks :D

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Yo BldSwtTrs I get what ya mean now on the reflectors! Yeah they look kick ass and would be a lot more efficient than parabolic reflectors in dispersing heat. I was gonna build a V-SOG last year before I had a few screw ups, it was a rip from Heaths design. I don't know if you can remember his mini vert, it had a 600w inside a purpose built octagon made from ply, with 3 levels of pvc pipe, you remember? Well it had a large parabolic reflector on top to keep light in and I think he hooked up an RVK fan by attaching it to the reflector, I think he did anyhow, either way that's how I was gonna do it.

Your setup is kickass and just from that shot you can see how much light is being reflected back around your girls :thumbsup: I still don't think it would work in my tent lol, sorry bro but I think my temps would sky rocket and I'd have to add a bigger extraction that would kill my humidity but I can see why it works so well for your setup. Thank you for the tips, I'll defo put it in the book for future reference.

Stay Up
HGO

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Wow they look lush bro, good work on getting them to pull through the stress. Wouldn't believe they had any issues looking at them now. The makings of a great donut here homie! How far is the bulb away from the plants now?

Be interesting to see if the grow tall enough to make the upper bulb useful :)

Yo homebro they have bounced back great thanks to the coco and multi feeds, Plant Magic nutes really are the shit! Most of the plants are around 10" +/- but one of the Dawgs is touching the bulb. I'm putting up the scorch screen tonight and after the stretch I'm going to tie some branches to the roof. I'll keep ya updated.

Hows that QOD and NMK my man? I must pop over to your thread now.

HGO

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Day 17 Flower

Day 17 Flower

Hi guys, well it's update day, today :)

2 days ago I give the girls their final haircut, I cut 'em up real good, all larf removed and it didn't really shock 'em too bad cuz they are still stretching. I snapped a lot of pictures, the first lot should give you a better idea of how high they are. I'll be dropping the top bulb down a few inches at day 22.

Day 17 Flower

picture.php

picture.php

More to follow...

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Looking grand 100G :tiphat: nice heights too, should work pretty well once you drop those lights down. For a little over half of the run I'm coming to the end of I had each light running for 3hrs a piece. They didn't miss a beat... Gotta experiment more with this but looks promising.

The stems are thick and really healthy on those plants, they will hold some nice colas bro. Diggin this pic btw

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=35028&pictureid=842330

they look real happy in their circle lol :D

madalasatori

Veteran
I'm doing a very similar run and am wondering whether to top, train or free range, 5 big girls under 1200w vegged for a month.

Any thoughts? Nice grow btw, we have similar ideas!

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Looking grand 100G :tiphat: nice heights too, should work pretty well once you drop those lights down. For a little over half of the run I'm coming to the end of I had each light running for 3hrs a piece. They didn't miss a beat... Gotta experiment more with this but looks promising.

The stems are thick and really healthy on those plants, they will hold some nice colas bro. Diggin this pic btw

they look real happy in their circle lol :D

Thanks Shhh, they have picked up good from a month ago, that's for sure :) Keep us updated on your tests bro.

Looking killer man. I am really diggin' the structures of those gals.

Thanks BST, they are eating a lot of nutes and the lumens are in abundance :)

I'm doing a very similar run and am wondering whether to top, train or free range, 5 big girls under 1200w vegged for a month.

Any thoughts? Nice grow btw, we have similar ideas!

Thank you :) Are you growing them horizontial or vertical, madala?

HGO

D

DHF

Stretch is 40% of the bloom cycle Bro , and my Chem D`s never stopped stretch till right at 4 weeks and harvied at 10....

Looks like you`re gonna have your hands full shortly , and maybe all the haircut yas gave em will stall em out and they won`t grow much taller or wider in the next week or so.......

Them bitches is healthy though ....Killer job on turnin em around....and.......You know the drill.....

Handle it...Freds.....:ying:.....