What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica in the bushes by the Danube

yoss33

Veteran
Hi all!
This thread will be about a lanky Zamaldelica, growing in the bushes at 44 degrees north, on the Balkans, some 50 kilometers away from the most south point of the Danube.
I have another 3 plants with male preflowers growing nearby - a Thai (hybrid), another Zamaldelica and a short smelly Ace Mix plant. The idea is to take pollen from their preflowers and pollinate Zamaldelica's preflowers and make some seeds. The Zamaldelica male might not be a male, as it is now producing female preflowers (w/ pistils) on the top, while its earlier preflowers that stopped developing look ball-shaped.
So, I might actually have 2 Zamaldelica females, which is not bad at all.

THREAD SUMMARY (as of 4 Dec 2018):
After all, in the middle of September Zam#1 started flowering with both female and male flowers mixed, so it was culled.
Zam#3 was successfully harvested on the 3rd of November after a great sunny autumn, a few small branches were left and were harvested on the 14th of November for a test of a later harvest's effect.
7 seeds of Zam#3 pollinated by the Ace Mix male are collected. The Thai x Skunk male's pollen turned out to be infertile.

yoss33

Veteran
I started the last 4 seeds of a 2013 Zamaldelica pack in the beginning of April. All of them sprouted (like all Ace seeds) but one didn't make new leaves after the cotyledons and died.
Zam#1 is the tallest and most vigorous, Zam#2 is the most resionous and with fat leaves, Zam#3 is the lankiest and with strong preflowering. Zam#3 has the most attractive tutti-frutti stem smell, Zam#2's one reminds of orange/grapefruit.
Here they are - from left to right: #1, #2 and #3
picture.php

#2 and #3 have female preflowers, #1 started small preflowers that looked like balls, but is now showing female preflowers.

I also started some other seeds, a few supposedly Thai seeds (Nirvana Seeds freebies) and 2 Ace Mix seeds, giving the second chance to the Thais - the first time in 2015 I grew a plant that looked Thai but was very weak in effect. The Ace Mix seeds I started because a friend that is growing guerrilla style asked me if I could start some seedlings for him.
Only one of the Thai seeds sprouted and the seedling was heavily marked by what looks like TMV. Here it is, next to the Ace Mix freebies:
picture.php

I want to grow only one plant this season as I have more than enough stash from previous seasons. And decided it shall be Zam#3.
Zam#2 and AceMix#1 were given to the guerrilla friend.

yoss33

Veteran
10 days later the AceMix male was added to the dudes party:
picture.php

Here's the AceMix from closer. Surprisingly smelly in classic hashy and incense way. This plant, the smallest of all in the tent, smelled more than all the other plants combined. The rubbed stem smell reminds me of Orient Express, so I guess this must be the China Yunan indica smell and the AceMix plant must be Kali China or another China Yunan hybrid.
picture.php

The top of the Thai plant was removed so that it doesn't cast shadow on the Zamaldelica now-female. Here's the cut top:
picture.php

Zam#1:
picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yep, got to tag along for this one, got some plants i'm thinking to dump round various places and see what happens :D

Koondense

Veteran
Well well... Yoss33 just started my favorite thread of the year :)

Subbed and glued!

Cheers brother

P.S.
I think you made the right decision to pick the #3 for the main spot, she looks perfect + the smell. Drool

orfeas

Veteran
Hey yoss, truly amazing what these nice little plants will turn out in a couple of months...you brought about nostalgia my friend...
wish you all the very best with them monstrous beauties come October/November...in the meanwhile I'd keep a close eye on that TMV...

:tiphat:orfeas

Twoey

WOW:lurk:!
I'd love to see how she will develop under the sun! I had grown her indoor and loved the results :biggrin:
Keep it green!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi yoss :)

A pleasure to see you starting a new outdoor season with some of our genetics, we always enjoy a lot following the progresses of your outdoor sativas and reading your smoke reports :yes:

Glad to hear the few Zamaldelica seeds you had left from the very first Zamaldelica release have germinated well and that some of the seedlings have already sexed as female, hopefully you can find a nice Zamaldelica female like the one you grew outdoors a few years ago.

The ACE Mix male plant looks indeed like a Chinese indica pheno related to Orient Express hybrid, although maybe we need to wait a bit more before fully identify it.

Wish you have a successful and safe outdoor season this year too! ;)

yoss33

Veteran
Hello, people!
Thank you for the kind words and interest! :) I'll try to keep this thread updated regularly.
This year I'm not growing on my main spot in the backyard, so there won't be a big tree to watch as usual. I don't want to take unneeded risk to grow on my property, I simply don't need so much (or as a matter of fact, any) weed. And ah, the 1-month-long trimming of a sativa tree...
I'm still smoking well-cured Zamaldelica from the 2015 season. It still is my preferred daily smoke (sometimes mixed with Jarilla de Sinaloa). The effect is not as "sharp" as in 2015, but now it's a bit more warm and comforting, potency is still good.
I hope both Zamaldelicas now have such great clear, sharp and functional high, and not the Malawi zombification. Zam#3 has all the signs it's closer to the Zamal mother than the Malawi granny. I'm especially pleased not so much with the thin leaves (the thinnest in the pack), but with the profuse pre-flowering, as the most trippy (clean and sharp, yet crazy and intense) plant from the pack had the strongest preflowering, or how I've seen it called - semi-autoflowering.

Theorganicguy

Hello, people!
Thank you for the kind words and interest! :) I'll try to keep this thread updated regularly.
This year I'm not growing on my main spot in the backyard, so there won't be a big tree to watch as usual. I don't want to take unneeded risk to grow on my property, I simply don't need so much (or as a matter of fact, any) weed. And ah, the 1-month-long trimming of a sativa tree...
I'm still smoking well-cured Zamaldelica from the 2015 season. It still is my preferred daily smoke (sometimes mixed with Jarilla de Sinaloa). The effect is not as "sharp" as in 2015, but now it's a bit more warm and comforting, potency is still good.
I hope both Zamaldelicas now have such great clear, sharp and functional high, and not the Malawi zombification. Zam#3 has all the signs it's closer to the Zamal mother than the Malawi granny. I'm especially pleased not so much with the thin leaves (the thinnest in the pack), but with the profuse pre-flowering, as the most trippy (clean and sharp, yet crazy and intense) plant from the pack had the strongest preflowering, or how I've seen it called - semi-autoflowering.

Hi Yoss, if you don't mind I would like to step on the zamaldelica train and keep an eye on your plants. I'm doing something similar, the zamaldelicaxKali china hybrid from ace. I read your previous posts and would like to congratulate you for your dedication and choice of tropical strains. All the bud shots from your album looks delicious :tiphat:

I wish you good luck and a sunny season :)

-Theo

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Great work Yoss33!I follow with interest...
zamaldelica is one of my favorites sativa,especially the pheno thai-zamal,after a long cure it becomes even tastier and with better effects...

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks, guys, you are welcome!
Good luck to everyone during the 2018 season! :)

And by the way, everyone is welcome to post photos in this thread of their outdoor Zamaldelica (or similar) plants so we can compare phenos as they grow.

RizlaMan

I've been watching and waiting for this thread for several weeks.

It's good to see you back.

May you have a happy and successful season.

yoss33

Veteran
Zam#3:
Since we are having a very dry spring, I water this plant with 20 litters of water every other day, and it seems very happy to have lots of both sun and water. Bringing out the big leaves, with an exploding dense top. As you can see from the photos, 2 days after watering the soil looks as dry as in August.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts