What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Twin plants, what to do?

Pippone69

Hi guys! I planted a moby dick seed on soil and it was born yesterday. Today i noticed another stem right next to it, with its own cotyledons, about half the size of the first baby plant. I guess those are twin plants. I googled a lot about what to do but didn't find anything. Do you have any suggestion for me? Should i let them both grow up or take of the smallest plant? If yes, how? Thanks in advance.

G

ganjygav

I've seen threads where people grow them a whole and then pull the weak twin out.. If I had one I would be very tempted to grow it. Use lst to grow them out of each others way.
Only because I've never seen or heard of anyone do it before so can anybody know if it's a good thing or not?

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
Let them be.can take a cutting from each later.ivevgrown 2 plants in a pot many times
No worries

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grow them both & hope for one of each & they’re excellent specimens. If they are excellent breed them.

MrBungle

Root systems will eventually compete and both will suffer over all, if you let em go...
It's a shame this didn't happen on bag seed..
For me it would be easier to let it go if I didn't spend $ on the seed in question, but since it wasn't free, I'd just cut the mini me off....

No offense Verne Troyer! RIP

Root systems will eventually compete and both will suffer over all, if you let em go...
It's a shame this didn't happen on bag seed..
For me it would be easier to let it go if I didn't spend $ on the seed in question, but since it wasn't free, I'd just cut the mini me off....

No offense Verne Troyer! RIP

I second this they'll essentially start trying to strangle each other from what I've seen and that's why a lot of people advise not to have more then one plant per pot. I've been able to separate them before very gently the smaller one usually dies though. Had one survive once but can't remember what became of it that was a decade ago. Good luck

Pippone69

Thanks everyone for the replies, i really appreciate that. I decided to cut off the smallest one with scissors, now the biggest one is about 5 cm long. I hope everything goes well.